ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Merry Christmas, all! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/876227-merry-christmas-all.html)

KahnBB6 12-24-17 06:42 PM

Merry Christmas, all!

A little corporate Christmas blast from the past with our favorite coupe in the middle. Merry Christmas, everyone!

ThomasGS4 12-25-17 07:42 AM

Merry Christmas, Kahn!

msc300 12-25-17 09:58 AM

merry xmas everyone

Blkexcoupe 12-25-17 11:27 AM

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kira X 12-25-17 01:05 PM

Merry Christmas guys!

Ramblerman 12-25-17 02:38 PM

Merry Christmas. Fired ole blue up to circulate the fluids. White and cold Christmas here. Hope all have a good one and peace on earth to all!

Kira X 12-26-17 07:06 AM

I didn't see that video when I viewed this from my phone. That's a really cool commercial. It's crazy how there were only a few models back then. The LX450 was the next model to come out if I'm not mistaken.

t2d2 12-26-17 10:22 AM

It's funny how variations of gold was the in color during the '90s, but now it's white for luxury stuff. It almost makes the old stuff look like yellowed newspaper.

KahnBB6 12-26-17 11:36 AM

They also shot this on a warmer stock of 35mm film likely with "wheat" glass filters or some variation of that hue. Probably adjusted the color ever so slightly in post production also. Both add subtly to how the gold color looks on the TV. I don't think it's spot-on accurate to the actual gold paints on Lexus vehicles of that era. Close... but embellished slightly for advertising purposes. Also, since this was released in 1995 and we're now seeing it captured from a VHS tape it's locked into the old NTSC color standard for televisions of that era which has fuzzier separation of some color hues. And the VHS does a poorer job of reproducing those colors as they showed up from the studio master tape it was broadcast from at the time.

I think the gold color paints are still a very nice but definitely the trends today are all white or shades of silver. Kind of like how black interiors were bold in the early 90's but the norm at that time was various shades of beige. And before that a lot of companies used bluish, reddish or tan(ish) or brown interiors on their luxury models.

Something really cool to see was the optional light blue interior on the new LC500's. That immediately make me think of some 1986-1992 Supra MKIII and MK1 MR2 interior color choice lineage and harkened back to the middle 80's to very early 90's.

Exterior colors though... there is definitely not so much emphasis on gold these days. And what about the optional fake gold emblems that used to be so prestigious? Gold emblems on a slightly "gold" hued Lexus.

jadu 12-26-17 01:37 PM

happy holidays everyone!

t2d2 01-01-18 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by KahnBB6 (Post 10064521)
Exterior colors though... there is definitely not so much emphasis on gold these days. And what about the optional fake gold emblems that used to be so prestigious? Gold emblems on a slightly "gold" hued Lexus.

Man, I used to love the gold emblems on 4Runners, Camrys, and even Grand Cherokee Limiteds. They still look good, but the vehicles they're on look a bit dated now. I'm trying to picture a modern car with gold emblems and can't decide if you'd be able to pull it off. I think everything has gotten too angular (as in sharp creases, not boxy) for it to work.