SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC/Soarer Archive - Preserving History

Old 11-15-17, 08:27 PM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts
Post SC/Soarer Archive - Preserving History

Hello SC/Soarer owners and enthusiasts,

Since many of the old threads and websites have been lost throughout the years, I want to create a archive of things related to our cars. Going all the way back since the birth of it, this includes rare pictures, videos, brochures and even rare items that very few people knew about.
It's fair to say that the Z30 chassis is becoming more popular and this means more people will be more interested or aware of them, which means there may be some who want to learn about the origins of this vehicle.
This is why I'm calling out to everyone who reads this, if you have footage, brochures and pictures that are nowhere to be found please post it here. Make this thread as the mega archive thread for all old SC/Soarer things.

My plan is to create a website that will have all those things and I can only achieve this by your help. Member KahnBB6 shared some old footage with me a few months back that I thought was lost forever and then another member recently linked a thread from SoarerWorld.com that showed many members got a DVD that held footage of Soarers, which included commercials, best motoring episodes, informational videos and more. If any member has that DVD please upload it somewhere or PM a copy of it, it will seriously help in the expansion of this library. Also the Best Motoring Video Special Volume 20 is what I'm after, it's an hour long episode that is completely dedicated to the Soarer, some may remember it being uploaded on YouTube that goes against the BMW 850i and a few other models, only remnants of that footage remain online but I know someone out there must have the DVD for it.

This will be a continuous project that will hopefully keep expanding over the years, so please feel free to post things here that not everyone knows about, this also includes facts and rumors about the Soarer.

Thank You

Last edited by DrAtomica; 11-15-17 at 09:42 PM.
Old 11-15-17, 08:47 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

I will be scanning the '97 SC spec pages that I have and will edit them into this post.
Old 11-15-17, 11:40 PM
tfwnoturbo
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

There's a few demonstration (might be sales training) videos on techinfo.toyota.com detailing VVT-i, immobilizer, side impact protection, etc. Probably a ton of people have them by now but in case no one knew. They're under the technical training section.
Old 11-16-17, 10:34 PM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Reposting from another thread.

The following 2 users liked this post by DrAtomica:
lexuscfour (11-22-17), Photon440 (11-17-17)
Old 11-16-17, 10:53 PM
tfwnoturbo
Pit Crew

Wow, first time I've seen that one. To think the SC could have been a saturn. Horrifying.
Keep it up, this stuff is great.
Old 11-16-17, 11:26 PM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

ive seen that progression pic before. Some of the early designs on these cars were just terrifying lol. Im glad they kept at it. Ill take a look at my glove compartment tomorrow. Im pretty sure i got some of the original paperwork that came with the car and ofcouse the original tool pouch :P
Old 11-17-17, 01:40 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tfwnoturbo
Wow, first time I've seen that one. To think the SC could have been a saturn. Horrifying.
Keep it up, this stuff is great.
Yeah I'm so glad they didn't stick to the old design.

So more stuff, the HyperRev Magazine is still available for purchase. I have ordered mine and should get it in a few weeks.

Old 11-17-17, 01:48 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Some WALD wheels promotional stuff that looks like it was taken in the early 90s.
Also, I'm not sure where to upload the videos. I think if I upload them on YouTube I might get some copyright claims on it.

Old 11-17-17, 08:25 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

http://planetsoarer.com/ has this for about 20 years now. You just gotta dig in the cracks to find it all.
Old 11-17-17, 09:51 AM
tfwnoturbo
Pit Crew

Upload them on Youtube but make them unlisted, viewable by link only.
Old 11-18-17, 01:53 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

This is Best Motoring Video Special Volume 20, a whole episode dedicated to the Soarer. Someone must have the footage of this.

Old 11-18-17, 02:27 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Old 11-18-17, 04:11 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

DrAtomica, my apologies for taking so long to get back to you on my search. I've been slammed with work this week. I will dig into my files very soon. I do think I have that Best Motoring video 20 on the Soarer. I dumped all the parts into a huge jumble of other import videos with no organization whatsoever. It's been a long time since I sorted through them all to find anything.
Old 11-18-17, 02:03 PM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
DrAtomica, my apologies for taking so long to get back to you on my search. I've been slammed with work this week. I will dig into my files very soon. I do think I have that Best Motoring video 20 on the Soarer. I dumped all the parts into a huge jumble of other import videos with no organization whatsoever. It's been a long time since I sorted through them all to find anything.
It's all good, been busy on and off myself.
Organization is a problem I have too, guess this thread will fix that in a way. A place to dump all rare Soarer files.

Old 11-19-17, 01:42 PM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

I'll upload some footage, if anyone hasn't seen these videos.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC/Soarer Archive - Preserving History