ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Good steering wheel for not too much (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/868839-good-steering-wheel-for-not-too-much.html)

tenac2215 09-25-17 03:57 PM

aftermarket steering wheel suggestions

im looking to upgrade to an aftermarket steering wheel as my oem is looking real rough theses days, and doesn't feel sporty exactly.

Looking for for a decent steering wheel under 150. Want something race applicable, as I drive autocross with the car. Black leather wrapped.

Any my suggestions on brands? I've heard horror stories of nrg wheels breaking and some real cheap brands obviously need to stay away from.

And good reviews or recommendations from some of these other lower priced wheels like DND, grip royal, Viilante etc ?
just looking for someone to steer me in the right direction

LEXXIUM 09-26-17 12:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
For that price, you might as well go with momo, sparco, nardi territory, name brand wheels are going to be made quality better and thicker wheel diameter for a better grip!!!
I was home for lunch break was able to snap a shot cuz me likey to show pics :D
here is a pic of my momo wheel in the white sc I don't know if you can tell the thickness, but I'll have to post a pic of my eBay one that's in my red sc to compare there is a difference!!

Zerodrag 09-26-17 12:52 PM

Can you even get an aftermarket one, with an adapter, for that price? Another option is looking into a used RX300 wood-trim wheel and airbag adapter harness. That way you can still have OEM quality, airbag and a more modern look/feel. It was the best interior mod that I did to my SC.

tenac2215 09-26-17 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM (Post 9991815)
For that price, you might as well go with momo, sparco, nardi territory, name brand wheels are going to be made quality better and thicker wheel diameter for a better grip!!!
I was home for lunch break was able to snap a shot cuz me likey to show pics :D
here is a pic of my momo wheel in the white sc I don't know if you can tell the thickness, but I'll have to post a pic of my eBay one that's in my red sc to compare there is a difference!!

what model is that momo? That's the design shape I want. Good point. I probably should just get a name brand lol

Draelren 09-27-17 01:01 AM

Even with my knockoff Nardi my wheel, quick release, and hub put me at nearly $400. 150 is a bit much to be asking to do wheel and hub unless you want to go the knockoff route like I did.

LEXXIUM 09-27-17 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by tenac2215 (Post 9992145)
what model is that momo? That's the design shape I want. Good point. I probably should just get a name brand lol

its a momo competition, I think I paid about 150 for it plus 10 for the boss splash hub for Toyotas

1997Soarer 09-29-17 10:13 AM

If you don't want to go aftermarket, here's a few Toyota wheels that are smaller than the factory wheel. They also bolt right up:

IS300, Celica, MKIV Supra.
(pretty much all Toyota/Scion/Lexus wheels are interchangable)

I ran a late model jdm Supra wheel (3 spoke) for almost 10 years before I upgraded to a Vertex 350mm The Supra wheel is so much smaller diameter that it fits INSIDE the factory SC3/400 wheel lol!

tenac2215 10-02-17 10:30 AM

Wasn't including the adapter in the $150 price range. Ended up finding a JDM altezza wheel (no e shift buttons) in great shape on eBay. Thanks for the assistance guys

jadu 10-03-17 11:55 AM

^^^ Good choice.

Can anyone provide any feedback on the aftermarket wood steering wheels? I wanna buy an aftermarket one but just wanna know if the wood ones are comparable to the OEM lexus wood steering wheels?