SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

APTech (KBD)...learn something new about polyurethane kits today

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-17, 04:12 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
Pretty sure most urethane kits have always been shipped this way since the beginning of time!
Maybe the parts you've ordered in the past....but i had all urethane parts for my 350Z and 240SX in the past that came in proper sized boxes.

This seriously is news to me.
Old 08-20-17, 04:14 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
That's... actually really cool! My mind has been blown and I learned something about bodykits and polyurethane today. Being able to ship bumpers and side skirts that way and see them return to their perfect original dimensions is amazing!

Now I know!
I'm still a bit skeptical...but will wait and see what happens in a few days out in the sun.
Old 08-21-17, 06:57 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

All Poly parts I've ever received have also came in a similar manner. None of which were from Irving, it was from other vendors, so this is obviously standard practice in the poly industry not just something only he does. I was as shocked as you were the first time I received them like that, but as he states after a couple hours sitting out they will form right back into their correct shape.
The following users liked this post:
LexIS007 (08-21-17)
Old 08-21-17, 08:50 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Halon
All Poly parts I've ever received have also came in a similar manner. None of which were from Irving, it was from other vendors, so this is obviously standard practice in the poly industry not just something only he does. I was as shocked as you were the first time I received them like that, but as he states after a couple hours sitting out they will form right back into their correct shape.
Thanks for the info....yeah, I'm not bashing Irving (im sure he has all the best intentions for the CL community).

I just have never seen aero parts (uerathane or not) ever arrive packaged like that. I have the parts sitting out in my patio in the sun now, i will see what they look like when I return from work.

Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 08-21-17, 09:30 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

For example, here was my poly rear lip from Rideskinz when it arrived (~2013). I was flat out laughing when I got it:

Set it in the basement and this is how it looked the next day:
Old 08-21-17, 10:18 AM
TacMedDoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa, never realized that polyurethane kits were shipped this way. Thanks for the pics, all.
Old 08-21-17, 10:56 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

It's probably a good practice to call the vendor and exhaust all other possibilities before a post like this. It might be fair to erase and repost if you guys can't resolve it. Just a thought.

That said, double boxing would be great!

My bumper also shipped this way and is on my car looking sweet for some time now.
It will look great.
Enjoy

Last edited by Studiogeek; 08-21-17 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-21-17, 12:41 PM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TacMedDoc
Whoa, never realized that polyurethane kits were shipped this way. Thanks for the pics, all.
Same here....this is absolutely the first time I have ever seen a product shipped like this.

Apparently, it's a normal thing for polyurethane parts???
Old 08-21-17, 07:21 PM
INTIMAZY
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I own a complete APTech kit along with a "Duraflex" hood. Despite the Duraflex hood being packaged in a full size box and being delivered via freight, the hoods fitment leaves quite a bit to be desired and the hood had some minor damage. 70% fitment at best. I still need to install hood pins just to keep the hood bent in the proper shape. Very flimsy.

The APTech body parts came in tiny boxes and looked absolutely hopeless on arrival. Sure enough, even in the middle of winter in NY, the bumpers slowly unfolded themselves in the garage over the course of a week. The product fits VERY VERY well. At least 95% as well as OEM parts. Put some faith into it and give it a shot. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Old 08-21-17, 07:46 PM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Thought I was looking at a Batman mask. Wowzer!
The following users liked this post:
Kira X (08-22-17)
Old 08-22-17, 07:19 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by INTIMAZY
I own a complete APTech kit along with a "Duraflex" hood. Despite the Duraflex hood being packaged in a full size box and being delivered via freight, the hoods fitment leaves quite a bit to be desired and the hood had some minor damage. 70% fitment at best. I still need to install hood pins just to keep the hood bent in the proper shape. Very flimsy.

The APTech body parts came in tiny boxes and looked absolutely hopeless on arrival. Sure enough, even in the middle of winter in NY, the bumpers slowly unfolded themselves in the garage over the course of a week. The product fits VERY VERY well. At least 95% as well as OEM parts. Put some faith into it and give it a shot. I doubt you will be disappointed.
Thanks man! I feel a bit more comfortable after many members said they received there kits the same way, and they had great success with the outcome.

I have the parts sitting out in the patio since yesterday...didn't see them this morning, so I will check after work.
Old 08-22-17, 07:21 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ThomasGS4
Thought I was looking at a Batman mask. Wowzer!
Lol!!! Hopefully it returns back to original shape.
Old 08-22-17, 08:11 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I didn't know they came like that. I ordered a polyurethane spoiler for my LS and it came wrapped in a ball. I thought I got ripped off until i pulled it out of the packaging and it went to it's original shape.

I need to get my APTech kit ordered.
Old 08-23-17, 08:27 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by LexIS007
Maybe the parts you've ordered in the past....but i had all urethane parts for my 350Z and 240SX in the past that came in proper sized boxes.
means you overpaid for shipping.
Old 08-23-17, 09:11 AM
LexIS007
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
means you overpaid for shipping.
Actually....I didn't....but thanks for the comment.

Quick Reply: APTech (KBD)...learn something new about polyurethane kits today