SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Thinking of parting ways with my SC

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-17, 06:45 AM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I'm really curious who will still be around when I get to say I've owned my car for 2 decades.

It'll be 10 years for me in January 2018. I foolishly spent all my money and bought it from a dealership when I was in community college. I thought about selling it within the 1st year of ownership because I quickly realized the amount of money it would cost for me to build the car I wanted. I put the car up for sale, and I found a buyer that was ready to pay my asking price, but at the last minute I backed out of the deal. I don't remember my reasoning for backing out at the time, but I'm glad I kept the car. I've made some of my closest friends because of the car, and through them I've gotten to be part of some pretty awesome car builds. I've driven all kinds of modified cars and insanely fast stock cars, but there is still nothing like getting behind the wheel of my SC. My car is by no means fast, but it is uniquely mine. It always brings a smile to my face every time I'm behind the wheel (until I get to a ****ty road and the car starts getting really rough).

Just remember what your ultimate goal is for your car and slowly work towards it. It's taken me almost 10 years to get my car to where it's at, and it'll probably take me another 5 years to get the drive train I want. Building a car isn't worth going into debt for. Focus on what's the most important thing in your life in the moment, and build the car when you have the chance to.
Very well said. To us, our SC(s) are one of the most special possessions on this earth to us. I have always loved the SC300/Soarer. As many have attested in the past, it was way ahead of it's era and stood the test of time even to this day. Yes, ultimately it's just a car, but my wife even refers to my SC as my mistress. lol.

Originally Posted by gerrb
OP - keep building it slowly so as not to break the bank. SCs anyway do not have a good market especially your 1 of 120 I believe has a salvage title. All the more it will be tough to sell . I have a couple of 1 of 120 and selling (best offer) / trading a stock one now . It only has 115k miles and only thing it needs is a paint job and all I get are tire kickers or those who want to trade an older GS or Honda.

I will probably loose all my MKIVs and will still have one or two SCs. I can't see myself not having an SC. Ultimate sleeper for me. My vacation and being far away from my toys had brought me to my senses though... time to start playing and less wrenching that's why I am winding down to two or three SCs from six. But the remaining ones will be the ultimate sleepers that will hurt a lot of feelings on the road
True. Definitely handle all priorities while working on the SC as money and time permits.

Originally Posted by gerrb
Cause it brings a smile on my face when I see newer and expensive cars not being able to catch up with me .

how is it going my friend ...how is that 6speed boosted SC treating you ?
okay lang pare.I need to do an update one of these days, but all is well. Just been busy vacationing myself, among other things. Hope you and the family are doing great!

I agree, it's priceless when newer and more expensive cars can't catch up..but at the same time, our SC's aren't rust buckets either..lol