Looking for replacement seats for 94 sc300

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-17, 03:16 PM
Vanman345
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for replacement seats for 94 sc300

Hello,

I've been looking for replacement front seats for my SC and am wondering if anyone knows what models / years would have compatible seats? Pretty hard to find parts in the salvage yards for a car this old.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Dirk
Old 06-07-17, 04:28 PM
super400
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The seats in my 93 sc400 are absolutely shot. I've been looking at some Braum elite racing seats. Afforadable but not crazy looking. It's still a Lexus after all. Plus they will be lighter and hold me in the car better for.....spirited driving. Anything that fits mark 4 supra seat rails will work I've been told. There is also the planted seat brackets made for the SC's, $140 per side. It will let you put any aftermarket seat you want to in.
The following users liked this post:
Alchaser (01-28-21)
Old 06-07-17, 05:37 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts
Thumbs up

by Barbary

this is what I did. A grand$ installed. I actually got them for the weight reduction. Its noticeable driving
cheap seats will be nothing but a problem. I couldn't be happier
PS, they are Supra seats

Last edited by Barbary; 06-07-17 at 05:40 PM.
Alchaser (01-28-21)
Old 06-07-17, 08:06 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Hi Barbary. How's things on the coast in good ol SF? Not to hijack this thread but I want to toss an idea your way and see what you think. What would you think of a back seat delete do it up like the first gen AMX move the speakers off the parcel shelf, throw in a nice set of tan Corbeau's. The back seat in these cars are a bit useless and this would give more luggage room for trips and weight reduction also it would make the car a true 2 seat sports car. Of course I'm a professional body man so this would be no rag mod. All opinions will be taken into consideration.:-)
Old 06-07-17, 11:44 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts

Ramblerman; Good hearing from you. Well you asked so I'll tell you. We are all here watching the Warriors getting ready to SWEEP the finals. I mean How Big is That? In my lifetime the niners do 5 Super Bowls, Giants just did 3 World Series and now this - Wow. Did you know the Giants sell out every game

OK so I like the idea. I even know of the AMX you speak, although I'm probably the only one here that does.. Just, unlike the 430 adults can sit in my backseat. Make sure that its not too much room to cover back there. If you unload your 2 ton front seats and take out your rear seats and take out your 50lb spare tire I guarantee you will feel the good difference in driving. The rear seats actually don't weigh that much. I would definitely like to see how it looks.

PS. "The Purple Bullet" is running better than it has, since I've had it. And I've had it a Long Long time
Seems like you can't shake your old AMC roots, God Bless you

Last edited by Barbary; 06-07-17 at 11:54 PM.
Old 06-08-17, 03:41 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Barbary: Cavs country where I work (Ohio) but I'm from Pa so I love to stick it to them. ;-) Warriors, Giants ,Niners all good teams. The SC actually appears to have a smaller rear area than the AMX. I'll use a formed piece to fill in where seat was and cover with matching carpet and move speakers onto that which will face them towards the front for better sound quality. Parcel shelf I will re do with.a new piece. Was an AMC man for a good part of my life and still own a few. Back seat has shrunk from the sun and pulled at threads so needs re done any way so since only 2 ever ride in SC why not just get rid of it and have a bit more luggage room. We all know women pack every thing but the kitchen sink! Ole Blue is in proccess and when all done pics for sure, got a pile of parts. You may very well get to see her in person in a couple years as west coast trip is still on the books.
Old 06-08-17, 03:59 PM
Zerodrag
Pole Position

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Corbeau makes replacement seats at a good price. I believe they offer bolt-in rails for a little over $100 per side. I like their Sports Seat and GTS II models. They offer added lumbar support pump and heated seat options at extra.
Alchaser (01-28-21)
Old 07-06-17, 07:41 PM
cdddt
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lurk on websites like Offerup and Letgo. After about a month of lurking I lucked up and found a pair of pretty much brand new leather passenger and driver seats from a 1997 with minor cracking while only paying 100$ for the pair. Bolted right on to my 1995
I actually only needed the driver seat, so I still have the passenger seat sitting in my garage. If you are in the SF Bay Area I am willing to let it go for 50$ which is pretty cheap. All functions on it work too.
Old 07-08-17, 04:41 PM
super400
Rookie

Originally Posted by super400
The seats in my 93 sc400 are absolutely shot. I've been looking at some Braum elite racing seats. Afforadable but not crazy looking. It's still a Lexus after all. Plus they will be lighter and hold me in the car better for.....spirited driving. Anything that fits mark 4 supra seat rails will work I've been told. There is also the planted seat brackets made for the SC's, $140 per side. It will let you put any aftermarket seat you want to in.
I still gotta get the passanger seat in but it's way better than stock. Car should have come with seats like this.

Alchaser (01-28-21)
Old 07-09-17, 11:53 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Looks great...

How difficult was it to remove the old seat and install the new bracket?

Will the existing seat belt rub on the side of the seat since running the belts into the openings may not be practical ? Or, did you acquire a set of the racing harnesses??

Looks like that is the only model seat in a beige color to not contrast too much with the rest of the interior.

Will like to see the whole install when you get both seats replaced... Thanks...

Last edited by Duck05; 07-09-17 at 11:57 AM.
Alchaser (01-28-21)
Old 07-11-17, 05:59 AM
super400
Rookie

Originally Posted by Duck05
Looks great...

Will the existing seat belt rub on the side of the seat since running the belts into the openings may not be practical ? Or, did you acquire a set of the racing harnesses??

Looks like that is the only model seat in a beige color to not contrast too much with the rest of the interior.

Will like to see the whole install when you get both seats replaced... Thanks...
I'm still using my stock belt cause no one in there right mind would daily in a harness. When I'm in the car the belt doesn't even touch the seat but that probably cause of my seating position. Even if it did rub I don't think it would rub much. The material seems pretty tough. Getting the old one out wasn't hard except that driver seat was super heavy. Only problem with the new bracket was it only had two bolt holes in the rear where the factory has three in the rear. And figuring out the bolt for the seat belt receptacle. After that it was a piece of cake. I'm currently waiting on my passanger bracket, it's on back order. I'll take pics when it get it in. Over all I think they work very well in the car. Not a perfect match but doesn't stand out too much. And the driving experience is very much improved.
Alchaser (01-28-21)
Old 07-11-17, 11:27 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by super400
I still gotta get the passanger seat in but it's way better than stock. Car should have come with seats like this.

That seat is awesome!
Old 07-30-17, 02:38 PM
super400
Rookie

Originally Posted by Duck05
Looks great...

Finally got my passenger bracket and got the passenger seat installed today. Love the look! Makes the car look much better, especially since my old seats were cracked and covered in tan duck tape.

Alchaser (01-28-21)
Old 08-02-17, 02:15 PM
TacMedDoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was peeping the Braums before seeing this thread. They look good, but I would like to Low Max style seat rails. They seem to sit a liitle high.
Old 08-02-17, 03:47 PM
super400
Rookie

Originally Posted by TacMedDoc
I was peeping the Braums before seeing this thread. They look good, but I would like to Low Max style seat rails. They seem to sit a liitle high.
I'm 6"2. I now sit about 1-2 inches lower than stock.
Alchaser (01-28-21)

Quick Reply: Looking for replacement seats for 94 sc300