SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

CAD File Sharing

Old 07-19-17, 05:55 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by RyanV
I got quoted $80 to print a dizzy cap in ABS. Does that sound right?
Way too much IMHO. I can print it for a fraction of that cost.
The following users liked this post:
RyanV (07-25-17)
Old 07-19-17, 06:12 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Way too much. I had mine made by a friend for free. But I had also went and gotten a quote and if I remember right they wanted around $30 for ABS.
The following users liked this post:
RyanV (07-25-17)
Old 07-19-17, 06:43 AM
mrmj2u
Advanced

I'm not sure why they charge extra for ABS. The filament is not much more expensive than PLA, maybe a couple dollars ($2-3) more.

[EDIT] I suggested ABS... I'm an idiot lol

Last edited by mrmj2u; 07-27-17 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-25-17, 06:26 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

On 3D scanning, there are a few projects out there that allow one to use a Microsoft Kinect as a scanner.

http://home.lagoa.com/2014/03/turn-y...-a-3d-scanner/

I haven't tried it yet, though.
Old 07-26-17, 04:16 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Just something that occurred to me the other day. Has anyone played around with the idea of a CAD/3D Printed drop-in replacement (which I believe stays in place from some tension from a spring or bracket that would need to be added) for the factory ashtray module under the flipper lid below the stereo and just to the left of the factory DC accessory port? It's not a lot of space but once you remove it there's just enough in there for something as simple as an LCD voltmeter panel, a couple of buttons or switches, some display or small controller that fits the dimensions, a USB charging port, etc.
Old 07-26-17, 06:25 AM
MLeopard
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Just something that occurred to me the other day. Has anyone played around with the idea of a CAD/3D Printed drop-in replacement (which I believe stays in place from some tension from a spring or bracket that would need to be added) for the factory ashtray module under the flipper lid below the stereo and just to the left of the factory DC accessory port? It's not a lot of space but once you remove it there's just enough in there for something as simple as an LCD voltmeter panel, a couple of buttons or switches, some display or small controller that fits the dimensions, a USB charging port, etc.
I've entertained the idea of deleting the ashtray and extending my guage panel down into that area. It would give room for a third standard sized 2 1/16" guage which I need when I go NA-T. Just don't when/if I'll ever get to it. Always something else going on...

I do think it's a great idea!
Old 07-26-17, 06:57 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

If any of you are running a standalone with canbus connectivity, rather than running a bunch of individual gauges, I highly recommend looking at that BTI Canbus gauge that I have. It's one gauge that will show you like 10 gauges worth of information. And you only have to worry about finding a spot to mount 1 gauge. It's an expensive gauge, but you'll spend less in the long run after having to purchase multiple other gauges, and again you will see tons more information. Boost, Target Boost, AFR, Target AFR, Speed, RPM, Gear, Knock, Fluid Temps, Fuel Pressure, Inj Duty Cycle, Eth%, the list goes on and on...

Just wanted to mention it as some of you are considering removing more interior panels just to find places for gauges.

Click on my "Idle Vid" link in my signature, towards the end it shows my gauge and you can see what kind of stuff I have mine displaying at the moment.
Old 07-26-17, 12:20 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is awesome. Seriously great work.
Old 07-27-17, 05:28 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Printed today!
Attached Thumbnails CAD File Sharing-img_2034.jpg   CAD File Sharing-img_2033.jpg  
Old 07-27-17, 06:46 PM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Sweet plz report back how it fits.
Old 08-01-17, 03:35 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

Hey MLeopard, is it still possible to suppress the cut that you made to the 3-gauge offset version or the panel so that the thin upper surround comes back? I can live without it if it's not possible any longer but I would like to try that version with the 1-DIN stereo I'm planning to buy.

Love the addition of the bottom reinforcement to all of the panels! I think I will put that to the test out in the Cali desert!

I figure that if it doesn't work for some reason I can always trim it off myself after printing and at least note for this thread whether it accommodated the HU or not.

I've contacted Quickparts Inc. in Atlanta, GA to obtain a printing quote for the panel in black ABS plastic. They more often do bulk orders but I'll see what they quote me for just one example.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 08-01-17 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-01-17, 05:30 PM
mccrimmon
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CAD file for manifold to mount an m112 supercharger/top plate to a 1uz??
Old 08-01-17, 05:45 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Originally Posted by Halon
Sweet plz report back how it fits.
I printed this for another CL member.
He sent me a few pics of the part installed. They are attached. He said that it fits like a glove!
Attached Thumbnails CAD File Sharing-img_2048.jpg   CAD File Sharing-img_2049.jpg  
Old 08-01-17, 05:48 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Originally Posted by KahnBB6
Hey MLeopard, is it still possible to suppress the cut that you made to the 3-gauge offset version or the panel so that the thin upper surround comes back? I can live without it if it's not possible any longer but I would like to try that version with the 1-DIN stereo I'm planning to buy.

Love the addition of the bottom reinforcement to all of the panels! I think I will put that to the test out in the Cali desert!

I figure that if it doesn't work for some reason I can always trim it off myself after printing and at least note for this thread whether it accommodated the HU or not.

I've contacted Quickparts Inc. in Atlanta, GA to obtain a printing quote for the panel in black ABS plastic. They more often do bulk orders but I'll see what they quote me for just one example.
I can print it for you in Black ABS. I'm in the midst of upgrading my printer but i should be back up and running by Monday.
Old 08-01-17, 08:30 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Wow that looks nice!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CAD File Sharing