SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Collection of parts...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-16, 07:15 PM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Collection of parts...

Looking around my room today I realized something... I have a lot of parts collecting dust. Out of curiosity what do you guys have laying around, and why isn't it installed yet?

I have a full set of new Tokico HP Blue Struts sitting in the box they shipped in.

A perfect set of 97 tails I picked up from the junkyard for $70.

A 97+ trunk in the same color as mine(minus the dents).

A new antenna.

Haven't installed the tail lights because I have a trailer hitch, and the wiring is tapped into the current tails. The trunk I got has the 97+ spoiler, and the bulbs inside are burned out. No excuse for not tackling the struts other then the fact that I've never done struts before, and I wanted to do the supra control arms at the same time but I'm broke. Antenna... I don't know if I want to fix this because I don't think I want to see the damn thing hanging 6 ft in the air. Oh and I just bought a bucket of bondo for the various dents, perhaps I'll get to that in three years or so
Old 07-23-16, 06:47 AM
salimshah

Received 995 Likes on 899 Posts

Pay it forward or classified.

Salim
Old 07-23-16, 08:59 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually used to have a bunch of crap sitting around like that, but I've kind of installed it all over the past 2 months.

Was new radiator hoses, power steering pump, feed and return power steering lines, AGM battery,JDM Soarer steering wheel and a few other bits I'm forgetting right now. I no longer have a bunch of parts sitting around in my garage, well I have old parts I guess, some things for sale in the classifieds. In a bit I might consider buying some more parts to pile up again until it finally overwhelms me and I start installing stuff again.
Old 07-23-16, 10:07 PM
Slaker13
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biddles
Oh and I just bought a bucket of bondo for the various dents, perhaps I'll get to that in three years or so
Thanks for the laugh

As for me, I've got a pair of tires that have less than 200 miles on them but I can't use on my car anymore or I'd rub through them with my current setup, about 3 headlights, engine fuse box with various wires, cracked 97+ tail light, IS300 steering wheel, fender linings, set of stock strut assemblies, stock speakers, tensioners w/ pulleys, LED strips, a set of stock chrome 5 spoke rims/tires with the spare, and about 4 "L" badges, a couple spare serpentine belts, and countless clips/screws since I somehow always end up with more than I take off

I'm sure I have plenty more but that's all I can see at the moment, most of it came off of my car or from the junkyard as I upgraded and I had planned on putting the parts on my other SC but I just haven't found the time, energy, willingness, passion, you name it lol lately it's just been too d**n hot! I've honestly been thinking about putting some of it in the pay it forward thread as of late but my inner hoarder comes out and roars, WHAT IF YOU NEED IT!?
Old 07-26-16, 07:43 AM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So Biddles, are you going to part with those struts?
Old 07-26-16, 10:56 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Maserati
So Biddles, are you going to part with those struts?
Lol I doubt it. Eventually I plan on installing everything and having a perfect whip, but I've been distracted. Got into street bikes big time, now kinda into dual adventure bikes and enduro's. Slowly getting back into the Lexus stuff.
Old 07-26-16, 04:48 PM
Ramblerman
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Life will keep you busy! I have a collection of parts for one segment of the work to do on my SC and since I'm so busy with a multitude of other things that have to be done,I've decided to take it to a friends garage and pay his mechanic to do this work, while I collect parts for the next stage, which I will do, as I'm to picky to trust any one else to do the body work and paint. Especially since it will be a custom paint.
Old 07-26-16, 05:10 PM
OmgSc400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll take those 97+ taillights if you are able!

Someone hit my car in the school parking and cracked my driver side, and being in Canada finding part is hard =(