SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

DDM fogs went out, suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-16, 11:43 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DDM fogs went out, suggestions?

I had DDM Tuning fog lights for 3 years now and one of the bulbs or something went out. Actually I don't know if it's the bulb but when I flick the lights on, it'll turn on for half a second before shutting off on my driver side. I had their original hid kit, they never had the ultra or whatever kits back in the day but it comes with lifetime warranty,

These are the options they gave me for the warranty

1) Standard warranty procedure. We will send you the RMA instructions, which you can follow to send in the original defective component. After we receive it, we will test it and replace any defective parts. You will be responsible for the shipping to us, however the replacement part is free and we will cover the return shipping back to you. (Keep in mind; our warranty does not cover physical damage, modifications, or water damage)

2) Advance replacement procedure. With this procedure you will be required to pay for the replacement part to be sent to you. You will have a 30-day window to process the return on the defective component to receive a refund for the part. Please note the shipping fees are not refundable for the advance replacement orders.

3) Upgrade to Ultra component procedure. Instead of sending in the defective component, you can simply cut the wire from the original defective part (physically damage it) and send us an image. Then pay for an upgrade fee for the part ($15/pr for Ultra bulbs; $15/pc for Ultra ballast). We will still cover the replacement part shipping fee, and send you the Ultra part directly.

4) Upgrade to a whole new Ultra kit procedure. With this option your current kit will qualify you for a partial credit towards the upgraded kits cost. We offer both standard upgrade replacement kit and advance upgrade replacement kit. We will cover the Upgrade kit shipping fee as an added bonus!

I don't know if I should go through with their warranty process or just find a better brand, thing is though I want to spend as minimal as possible at the moment because I"m currently unemployed. But I do have the money for a good brand I just don't want to buy it if it's not necessary. The DDM's lasted a good while so maybe my best option is just to stick with the 4 options above, I'm not sure which option to pick though, any ideas?
Old 05-24-16, 11:44 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

by fog lights I mean I have their HID kit, H3 but for fogs. I have a 97SC300*
Old 05-25-16, 12:41 PM
Organized Garage Status
Former Sponsor

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

If I were you, I'd do option 2. Personally, I've had the same exact kit from them for 5 years. Never had one single problem on it.
Old 05-25-16, 01:59 PM
BigBang
Lead Lap

Their whole warranty process seems so tedious and sucks! I'd rather not have to take the SC apart twice to test and then replace parts. Why can't they just send a whole new kit...