SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lextech Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-15, 06:35 PM
BigNasty
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lextech Lighting

Hands down the worst experience i have ever received from a service based business. I have no clue what they feel good business looks like.
I sent my unit in back in April to get the LCD Screen Fixed & Light Bulbs replaced.

Issue #1- I was told i sent my unit with special perimeters and that they only works between the hours of 10pm-8am??? 1. I took it to FedEx and shipped it like i ship ALL of my items???. 2. Who works those hours???

1 week later he finally went down to the local FedEx and picked the unit up.

Issue #2- One month goes by and i hear Zero communication from them. so i type up an email and get a response that the unit was finished but they have had a major shipping issues where FedEx hadn't come to pick up the various pallets of units ready to return for weeks.

I nicely replied and said OK let me know when the issue is resolved.

Issue #3- Another 30 days goes by with zero communication... I email again... i get a response that says my unit was shipped then returned because of shipping issues on my end this time.. i was assured that it would be resent and i would get a tracking number pronto.

Issue #4- More time goes by and to my surprise i am a little irritated.. Go figure. I email again to which i get a response that is almost confusing. they say the unit was shipped out and i should have received a tracking number and i should maybe check my spam filter.... duuude?

Finally i decided i am going to file a Paypal dispute. Then i escalated it to a claim. to my surprise i received a response from Lextech that i was in a breech of contract and my unit would be sold and could pretty much have a nice life....

Long story short i got my money back from Paypal. now pursuing legal actin to receive my actual unit and display back. Lextech Lighting Solutions, in my opinion, are a bunch of crooks.

Where can i go to get my Light Bulb and LCD Screen in my A/C Climate Control Unit fix????
Old 08-05-15, 06:57 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Tanin Auto Electrics is a super dependable, approved vendor here.

Last edited by Studiogeek; 08-06-15 at 01:50 AM.
Old 08-05-15, 07:30 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There really should be a sticky about not doing business with them. I'm sorry that this happened to you, and many of our other members. It's unfortunate that they still operate a business with terrible standards. Best of luck with your legal action, but I'm afraid it's going to be an uphill battle. My advice is to swing by your local junkyard, purchase a cheap cluster, and send it off to Tanin (approved vendor).
Old 08-05-15, 09:45 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep, Lextech used to be a MUCH better company but something happened, and nobody really knows what it was roughly 3 years ago and since then absolutely nobody has ever gotten a working unit returned to them from Lextech, and whoever is running their email now is extremely rude, and unprofessional.

Tanin Electronix is the only company who anyone on the forum has had a good experience with in recent years, myself included. It took them roughly 12 days to receive, fix, and ship out my cluster with burnt out back lighting, burnt needles and heat damage to the board. I was extremely happy with them and they did 1 day shipping with a tracking number and they have a presence on the forum and will answer most every question you might have. Miles ahead of the scam artists at Lextech.
Old 08-06-15, 07:34 AM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Had Tanin do my cluster and HVAC LCD and lighting. They were back within a week.
Old 08-06-15, 07:48 AM
Bankswood
Lead Lap

Lextech did my hvac and it lasted about 90 days. Sent it to Tanin and they called and said "whoever" had done it had fubar'd it beyond repair. They had a extra hvac they sold me for $100 then refurbished it perfectly for $89. If you need a hvac unit they may be able to help you.
Old 08-06-15, 12:04 PM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Sorry to thread jack, but are all HVAC control units compatible from 92-99?
Old 08-06-15, 12:04 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

small claims court will only further frustrate you. the only real solution you have is to yelp, warn people on their facebook, submit your story to ripoffreport, etc.
the internet doesn't forget.
Old 08-06-15, 01:10 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
Sorry to thread jack, but are all HVAC control units compatible from 92-99?
99-2000 are definitely different but I think the front face is interchangeable among all years. Don't quote me on that though
Old 08-07-15, 11:57 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I replaced my HVAC display with a Popformance LXCC but sent the OEM unit to Tanin for repair as a spare/backup. Turned it in a week!!!

They will definitely get my cluster to replace the aging needles and update the back lighting when the time comes. Jason runs a top notch service.

Lextech has too many poor reports and should not be used by anyone.....
Old 08-07-15, 12:07 PM
Shrugy
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Send everything to Tanin.

These guys are truly the best anyone can ask for, and they have great customer service!

Tanin > everyone else
Old 08-09-15, 12:58 PM
BusaJZA80
Driver School Candidate

This sucks, everytime I get the ***** to send my unit in someone says something bad.
Old 08-09-15, 03:05 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

No one says anything bad about Tannin. I just sent my GTE ECU to them and got it back days later.
Perfect job.....

SG
Old 08-10-15, 11:06 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

In Lextech defense, I have had always a great experience with Brian. They always communicated with me on anything that might have come up. I received mine back in about 2 weeks. Keep in mind, this is only for the climate control LED and the super white/blue LED back lighting.

I am not sure where Brian is for now, but if it were me, I would try to resolve all these issues.

For the senior members, seems to me that it looks like they fell off the face of the earth, like TM Engineering.
Old 08-10-15, 11:10 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Oh yeah,

I am the guy who won the needles when they did the drawing for a free set of needles. Man, that was such a ling time ago. I was 1992Lexus back then....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ml#post4417248

Quick Reply: Lextech Lighting