SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Regular Car Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-15, 05:24 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts
Smile Regular Car Reviews

Hey ya'll, we should start letting the internet be aware of our car more. There is a lot of history that people don't know and these cars are starting to become somewhat of a rarity. There is a popular youtube channel if you don't know already about . He basically does witty and humorous reviews of cars in the most extraordinary way. I wish I could let him review my car, but it isn't exactly in it's best shape. If you are already a fan of Mr.Regular maybe you should send him an email and see what he says. I just want our SC's to become popular and more recognized on the streets, what do ya say?

youtube.com/user/regularcars

Last edited by DrAtomica; 07-27-15 at 05:49 AM.
Old 07-27-15, 09:07 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've tried bugging him before, but he mainly operates along the East Coast.

He's located in Pennsylvania and does trips to review cars every now and then, but obviously taking tripcs costs money, so when he does travel, it's been South to Georgia, and West to Illinois. He hasn't come to Texas yet, and I don't know if he has plans, but I've been trying to get him to review mine. Although I'd love to see his take on any SC300.
Old 07-27-15, 10:39 AM
- V -
Instructor

Received 161 Likes on 121 Posts

there is another channel on youtube called /Drive. Not sure if you guys have heard of it. They do alot of reviews on modified cars. Might be worth dropping an email to them see if they are interested in looking at someone's modded car.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5r...3gYPZ593XwQUsA
Old 07-27-15, 11:02 AM
mjegan
Driver School Candidate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

That Dude in Blue does similar car reviews. He did an SC300:

Old 07-27-15, 11:48 AM
mikef
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ that car is great but it would be nice to see a good review on a turbo manual one the way it should of been from the factory here in the us
Old 07-27-15, 02:53 PM
Lead Lap

I'm in NY so I'm pretty close to him. It would really be nice if someone around here had a stock sc and some kind of modified one to review both.

He just did two 240sx's so I'm hoping he will do the same style with the SC. Maybe even throw in a sc400 too.
Old 07-27-15, 04:49 PM
SC400slide
In Recovery Mode

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mikef
^ that car is great but it would be nice to see a good review on a turbo manual one the way it should of been from the factory here in the us
Thats Bobby Sanders SC. IMO the most qualifying SC for a review.
Old 07-27-15, 05:24 PM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Originally Posted by vteruni
there is another channel on youtube called /Drive. Not sure if you guys have heard of it. They do alot of reviews on modified cars. Might be worth dropping an email to them see if they are interested in looking at someone's modded car.
I know that Matt Farah in The Smoking Tire usually does his test runs in the hills of California, so if anyone has a modded car up in California they can send it to /Drive and they might show it on /Tuned or you can send Matt Farah a message for The Smoking Tire. I believe /Tuned does it's reviews in many other states, but most The Smoking Tire episodes are in California.
Old 07-27-15, 05:42 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Thats Bobby Sanders SC. IMO the most qualifying SC for a review.
That actually is not Bobby Sanders SC. There was a thread about thatdudeinlue's review and we found the member who's SC was in the video.
Old 07-28-15, 02:39 AM
KahnBB6

Received 1,216 Likes on 854 Posts

I've been a big Mr. Regular fan for many years. He's brilliantly funny.

I've sent him info on my car a couple of times, the last very recently when he announced the westward trip he and Roman are doing. I imagine he gets bombarded with messages at this point. I'd love to see him review anyone's SC, but I agree that a review of more than one variant including a turbo SC would be the most comprehensive if only it could be coordinated.

I have to admit what I'm interested in far more than a serious review is the humor and the editing

DrAtomica -- Matt Farah's outfit is based out of L.A., IIRC. Someone with a turbo SC out here should definitely contact TST and see if he'll review their car I would if mine weren't a slug on steep hills at high altitude

Last edited by KahnBB6; 07-28-15 at 02:51 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-28-15, 06:28 AM
DrAtomica
Intermediate

Just any review of an SC would be great to be honest, this car has become a lost treasure, a hidden treasure I must say. Not many people know about it but yet it's quite good for it's performance, comfort and style. It shows the beginning of a new era, when car styling started to become smooth, when functionality and form became as one. It gets overshadowed by a lot of other vehicles such as the Supra, RX-7, 240SX, 300ZX, Miata. This is why I want Mr.Regular to review this car, I believe it deserves it's place in history.
Old 07-28-15, 05:08 PM
Bdub215
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Regular Car Reviews

Mr regular is about 2 hours from me. I've tried getting him to do both of my cars. Still waiting
Old 07-29-15, 05:23 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe we should all choose ONE amazing turbo build near by and ALL write to him about reviewing the same car. Who has the best turbo build close by him?
Old 07-29-15, 09:28 AM
OBEEWON
Lead Lap

He's like 20 min from me. But I like the fact no one knows what an SC is. More popularity means less ones for good prices and more expensive parts blah blah blah.
Old 07-29-15, 11:17 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This site/forum has all the reviews needed on the Sc's model.

Quick Reply: Regular Car Reviews