SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Newbie trying to decide SC400 or GS300

Old 06-21-15, 03:51 AM
Tokoloshe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are so right, I love looking at the SC and couldn't really explain why, Because, really, I am a Jeep guy. So I did some research on the car and was quite surprised as to what I learned. Now I refer to the SC as my girlfriend.

"The American Calty design team took a different approach to designing the car,[9] using plaster molding shapes to design the body, and working three-dimensionally instead of the traditional 2-D sketch approach. As described by design chiefs Denis Campbell and Erwin Lui, the result was a car that was based on "emotion and feeling" rather than linear aesthetics. The resulting design possessed almost no straight edges, and produced a drag coefficient of Cd=0.31. The final design by Lui was approved in 1989, resulting in Lui being sent back to Japan for 4 months to finish the car. According to automotive journalist Bill Russ, the SC design was considered influential among automotive designs of the time."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lexus_SC
Old 06-21-15, 05:48 AM
soarrabun
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Great answer. I had 3 until a few months ago, now just two. I am in for the long haul. I maintain them like I intend to keep them forever. New OEM parts and high quality aftermarket upgrades only (for the most part).
I turn around after parking them all the time.

!!! I turn around after parking them all the time!!!

There has gotta be a mental condition for that, i do that only with my sc. no other car i have ever owned.
Old 06-21-15, 08:23 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by kbb
If you can't help but turn around after you've parked her, she's not the car for you!!!
It's called the O(S)CD syndrome...
Old 06-23-15, 09:01 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400slide
Buying both would make more sense but....

Personally, I'd say SC. A 98+ with 125k miles for 2k? Yes please. Have a 99 GS300 on the yard and at 215k miles it still drives like new, though if you're looking for a faster (and sportier) ride, the SC is the way to go. GL on your decision!
This ^

Any pics of the SC? Did you make your choice yet? 98+ SC for only 2 grand wont last very long on the market at all, better jump on it if you have a idea what it may need.
Old 06-26-15, 09:25 PM
bb2tosc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everybody for your reponses

I went with SC. Going to pick it up tomorrow. Im so excited. Dont think I'll be able to sleep.
I see so much pontential in the car. Already have some ideas of what I want to do with it. But maintainces will come first
Old 07-06-15, 12:11 AM
Matromony
Driver School Candidate

Both are great cars, to answer that question i think you just need to ask yourself if you want a sadan or coupe. Because both are great choices in those catagorys