SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Got a wise lip, what else?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-14, 04:47 AM
phillup23
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you just did your suspension there's no need to go buy coilovers and new wheels. Waste of money. Also I think those wheels look good like that imo.
Old 10-28-14, 06:45 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Not to be rude but these types of threads are completely pointless. It's your car, not the forums', stop asking people what to do and just do what you want, in a reasonable manner.

You can ask questions about say certain coilovers or certain exhausts but having other people pick everything for you is just stupid. If you don't know anything then sit on the forum a little and see what you like that others have done. I'm guessing you own apple products as well.
Old 10-28-14, 06:56 AM
Jpgranier
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by oldManTan
Not to be rude but these types of threads are completely pointless. It's your car, not the forums', stop asking people what to do and just do what you want, in a reasonable manner.

You can ask questions about say certain coilovers or certain exhausts but having other people pick everything for you is just stupid. If you don't know anything then sit on the forum a little and see what you like that others have done. I'm guessing you own apple products as well.
I do own Apple products, who cares? I don't see what's wrong with asking others what I should do to my car? I'd rather look like an idiot that knows nothing about cars than spend 1500 dollars on complete crap...
Old 10-28-14, 06:58 AM
Jpgranier
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by phillup23
Since you just did your suspension there's no need to go buy coilovers and new wheels. Waste of money. Also I think those wheels look good like that imo.
Thanks, I like the wheels as well. Do you know anyone that put a body kit on a sc400 with 16 inch wheels? I'm afraid it's going to look like crap if I put on a body kit
Old 10-28-14, 07:03 AM
phillup23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Jpgranier
Thanks, I like the wheels as well. Do you know anyone that put a body kit on a sc400 with 16 inch wheels? I'm afraid it's going to look like crap if I put on a body kit
no sorry. Not a big fan of body kits. I like stock
Old 10-28-14, 03:45 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jpgranier
Personally, I'd put the Wise lip on hold and research body kits until you find what you LOVE to go with it. Wear those tires out driving the car in the meantime. You can also toss an ad up on Craigslist and here just in case you find someone who wants to buy them for a good price. OR...... If where you live has snow, instead you can make these wheels your winter setup and get snows for them. You can then buy new 18 inch wheels and tires for the summer and sell the 16 inch tires when you find the wheels you want.

Or..... you can cool your jets for now, drive that beauty as is, and start modding when your post count gets up to around 300 ;-) In my opinion, this is the smartest thing to do. My tastes and knowledge level is vastly different after a couple years of obsessively reading the threads here. Try to resist the urge right now and just keep doing maintenance.

Good luck with it!
Old 10-28-14, 04:38 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I think the wise lip is to concaved. I wish someone made a polyurethane big win replica front lip.
Old 10-28-14, 08:09 PM
supralative
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by danegerous
Man thats a killer looking SC300 set up for drag racing.....
Just saying heheheheheee
Old 02-09-15, 12:03 AM
ahmedp
Driver School Candidate

Default I would say bodykit on stockheight is a no no.

My advise would be suspension. Spend a decent 1k on coilovers and you will never regret it. It stiffens up the ride and make the car look soo much better in my opinion. The first mod I ever did was buy is350 wheels, then coilovers. Now I have owned the sc300 for over two years (started out know nothing about them and how to work on cars) and I have swapped the car to manual, and gotten supra seats and some small stuff here and there and still enjoy the crap out of this car. Like everyone said, do what you like most. If its body kit then go with that. If its wheels and tires go with that. If you have already done suspension and wheels then maybe go with exhaust or something. Personally I like having a nice sound when I step on the gas, but thats me. Just look up peoples build threads on here and you will get ideas. In terms of exhaust though, you are looking at either 150-250 for a custom muffler delete and resonator delete( what I have) or $650 for some tanabe's or a single blitz exhaust.
Old 02-09-15, 01:40 AM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

From my experience I would say either stay away from coilovers or get custom spec'd ones for soft ride. Exhaust wise: go to any exhaust shop in town and ask them to cut all 3 resonators out. Start with that (should cost about 1$-200) body kit wise, the only thing i would recommend is 97 sides and either the rideskinz rear lip or a 97 bumper with the wise front lip.
A good start would be:
1. Try out the exhaust
2. Lowering springs
3. Find some wheels that you like (check craigslist or buy new and i would go for 18" or 19" wheels, 19" if you're going to install a kit)
4. Body kit or lip kit
5. Power mods

Take your time, wait for the right stuff and figure out what looks good to you. Check out the wheel fitment sticky and browse there to see what size, specs, and looks you like.
Old 02-10-15, 11:07 AM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

since your starting from the beginning like i did. DO RESEARCH ON THIS FORUM. its the best thing i have ever done. my first car was a GS and i totally messed that car up as far as looks go, i didnt do any research and it looked like a mexican built it. so when i bought my sc i did a ton of research before i did anything to my car. if this was my car, i would start with maintenance, then wheels and some affordable coilovers. go to the wheels and fitment thread and read it until your eyes pop out of your brain, and then read it again. thats exactly what i did. after that its up to you to what you want to do to your car. my car has a stock body with wheels, exhaust and coilovers and i get looks all the time. i take it to cars and coffee here in dallas and despite all the other nice cars that show up to it, it still gets respect from the "true" car enthusiast. if you follow what others have done here then you will end up with a car that you love. just as a teaser here is what mine looks like.
Attached Thumbnails Got a wise lip, what else?-photo.jpg  
Old 02-11-15, 02:36 PM
Sc400NL
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigwes
since your starting from the beginning like i did. DO RESEARCH ON THIS FORUM. its the best thing i have ever done. my first car was a GS and i totally messed that car up as far as looks go, i didnt do any research and it looked like a mexican built it. so when i bought my sc i did a ton of research before i did anything to my car. if this was my car, i would start with maintenance, then wheels and some affordable coilovers. go to the wheels and fitment thread and read it until your eyes pop out of your brain, and then read it again. thats exactly what i did. after that its up to you to what you want to do to your car. my car has a stock body with wheels, exhaust and coilovers and i get looks all the time. i take it to cars and coffee here in dallas and despite all the other nice cars that show up to it, it still gets respect from the "true" car enthusiast. if you follow what others have done here then you will end up with a car that you love. just as a teaser here is what mine looks like.

Wes has said it all , most of us did do the research , start with maintenance that will cost you some bucks but so needed before modding , coil and wheels ....

long story short , read all the comments