SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Who has the lowest price for Sc Headlight Assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-14, 11:14 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

No worries man. I've done this so many times I've come to the point where I can do it with my eyes closed like how military men can assemble their rifles/pistols blindfolded. If you want you can send me $60 when you get it back just so I can buy HID's for my GX. LOL
Old 10-03-14, 11:47 AM
IneednSC
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
No worries man. I've done this so many times I've come to the point where I can do it with my eyes closed like how military men can assemble their rifles/pistols blindfolded. If you want you can send me $60 when you get it back just so I can buy HID's for my GX. LOL
Mine are all screwed up you shoukd start a little hustle i would pay you to fix mine i cant afford almost $450 for EACH pair
Old 10-03-14, 12:16 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question

DEAL! Phillip, I'll pay even more if you can put in the projectors. Is that something you can do? I have the brackets. Just want to make sure.

Tony
Old 10-03-14, 12:26 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IneednSC
Mine are all screwed up you shoukd start a little hustle i would pay you to fix mine i cant afford almost $450 for EACH pair
To be honest I've offered my services several times to people on here, but they never push forward with the transaction. I don't know if they're skeptical about me or if I'm asking to much. But whatevs. LOL You guys will see when Studiogeek gets his back; I'll post a better DIY to show people where they are making a mistake in refinishing the headlights.

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
DEAL! Phillip, I'll pay even more if you can put in the projectors. Is that something you can do? I have the brackets. Just want to make sure.

Tony
Yeah, just send it with everything. I can learn. There's plenty of DIY's to go around.

What you need to figure out though is the size difference of the OEM projector to the aftermarket one. Because if there is, you'll see a big gap in the hole between the projector and the chrome reflector housing. I think TheRetrofitSource.com sells shrouds with varying sizes to cover up the gap, if you don't wanna see a big gap.
Old 10-03-14, 12:34 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

To be honest I've offered my services several times to people on here, but they never push forward with the transaction. I don't know if they're skeptical about me or if I'm asking to much. But whatevs. LOL You guys will see when Studiogeek gets his back; I'll post a better DIY to show people where they are making a mistake in refinishing the headlights.

Yeah, just send it with everything. I can learn. There's plenty of DIY's to go around.

What you need to figure out though is the size difference of the OEM projector to the aftermarket one. Because if there is, you'll see a big gap in the hole between the projector and the chrome reflector housing. I think TheRetrofitSource.com sells shrouds with varying sizes to cover up the gap, if you don't wanna see a big gap.
I'm psyched! I'll hit you up soon as the products arrive!

Thanks Phillip!
Old 10-03-14, 01:11 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can help with that.
I have TSX projectors in my headlights right now. They are 2.5 inch diameter, stock projector is 3.5 inch diameter so there is a bit of gap around the projector. I bought the set from iheartmysc on here. At first I thought the gap was a bit ugly, but the projector brackets are actually hooked up to the stock adjustment bolts and not having a shroud offers more adjustment depending on your ride height and when properly aimed for my ride height the gap isn't noticeable at all.

StudioGeek, make sure you get 04-05 TSX lenses, they are clear instead of fresnel so you can get a decent bit of color at cutoff and better light output, however if you're really chasing color at cutoff you'd want to use washers on the bottom bolts to angle the projector up just a touch.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...REHOSTED-AGAIN!!)

If you do any sort of HID projector retrofit in this car though you DEFINITELY need clear lenses on the headlight assembly. Either get lucky and find some supermade lenses in the classifieds here, or buy a set of Ebay headlights and use the lens off of those. The lined lenses on the stock SC diffuse the light output too much and distort the cutoff to the point where it's almost not worth it without a clear lens.

Last edited by eknine9; 10-03-14 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-03-14, 01:38 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by eknine9
I can help with that.
I have TSX projectors in my headlights right now. They are 2.5 inch diameter, stock projector is 3.5 inch diameter so there is a bit of gap around the projector. I bought the set from iheartmysc on here. At first I thought the gap was a bit ugly, but the projector brackets are actually hooked up to the stock adjustment bolts and not having a shroud offers more adjustment depending on your ride height and when properly aimed for my ride height the gap isn't noticeable at all.

StudioGeek, make sure you get 04-05 TSX lenses, they are clear instead of fresnel so you can get a decent bit of color at cutoff and better light output, however if you're really chasing color at cutoff you'd want to use washers on the bottom bolts to angle the projector up just a touch.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...REHOSTED-AGAIN!!)

If you do any sort of HID projector retrofit in this car though you DEFINITELY need clear lenses on the headlight assembly. Either get lucky and find some supermade lenses in the classifieds here, or buy a set of Ebay headlights and use the lens off of those. The lined lenses on the stock SC diffuse the light output too much and distort the cutoff to the point where it's almost not worth it without a clear lens.
WoW
I guess I'm not ready yet then....
Thank you so much for the info man!

I'll look for some ebays unless I can find my old ones.

Thanks again!
Old 10-03-14, 04:37 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Just send the projectors with the headlights. I'll let you know if there's too big of a gap. But with my stock projectors, there is a very clean cut off line after cleaning it up real well. And ever since doing this, my night time driving has been 60-70% better, no exaggeration.
Old 10-03-14, 05:25 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Just send the projectors with the headlights. I'll let you know if there's too big of a gap. But with my stock projectors, there is a very clean cut off line after cleaning it up real well. And ever since doing this, my night time driving has been 60-70% better, no exaggeration.
Awesome! Willdo!
Old 10-04-14, 01:13 AM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cutoff upon installation before I aimed them properly, at this point they were too low but both were even.

Mounted on the car the day I got them re-sealed, before I aimed them. At this point they were as low as possible so there is a sizable gap visible above the projector, but now that they are aimed properly, that gap is much less visible as they had to be aimed up substantially from their original position to match DOT specifications.

I'd also like to mention that I can literally see everything everywhere when driving and the difference between this and stock is night and day amazing, and my stock headlights had pretty good light output.
Old 10-04-14, 06:22 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

They LOOK amazing as well!
Old 10-04-14, 09:13 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

eknine9, you can only clearly see the gap because you have clear lenses, I guess with stock lenses it wouldn't be that visible cause of the ridges. Anyways, thanks for the info, greatly appreciated!
Old 10-05-14, 05:10 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

My ebay lights have been going strong for 2 years now
Old 10-05-14, 05:11 PM
2jznosht
Lexus Test Driver

200 for the pair btw
Old 10-05-14, 08:45 PM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 2jznosht
My ebay lights have been going strong for 2 years now
My car came with those. I much prefer OEM, thanks.