SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The Story of the Purple Bullet w Complete Pic's (the quarter of a million miler)

Old 05-23-14, 10:30 PM
Boxxx
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plum crazy for purple.
Old 05-24-14, 06:09 AM
Studiogeek
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Barbary
Hey Geek; you must be Big time putin on shows<>/\ (()) A man of multiple talent
I was thinkin # No one who has seen the Purple Bullet In person has ever said I should change my seats ""<^>They just ask me how much I want for it. (*+*) Colors are not really static, especially outdoors & moving. I think most of the time there is a pretty good blend going.

I think you might think different if you saw it up close or you might not. Maybe they give me credit for at least trying`~`
So I'm not really a big country guy (jazz+rock)I did really like the Marshall Tucker Band The Good die young
Barbary,
Don't sweat that seat color thing man, the only person that has to be happy is you man. We freely give opinions on this forum and sometimes we get new ideas from them and sometimes we reject or ignore them. Everyone has the choice. It's a gorgeous car that is meticulously maintained and that is something to be proud of. Occasionally members are just critical, mean and wrong but mostly you will find enthusiasts who have helpful opinions that can help you love your car even more. When I joined, I had a low mileage extra clean car but it had an over the top body kit, ugly wheels, aftermarket lighting and horrible fitment. I was so in love, I could not see it. After I got over the shock of different opinions and looked at thousands of Sc's like the guys here, I realized the opinions would make it a much nicer car. They were all totally right in my case and I learned lots from the discussion. If you take a look at my introductory post (the mods turned them into a build thread), you will see the transformation of vision. I got major criticism, but ultimately tried the suggestions and love the car way More now. Your mileage surely may vary, so follow your own path with yours but you might want to keep at least one ear open. If people think you love it too much, they may hold back helpful opinions. In my case, luckily they just let me have it . That said, a unique vision is much needed in every car community so follow yours if you love it. Everyones eye is different. I'd bet if you sold it on this board (I know that would never happen), it would sell quickly! and the first thing that you would see (except for a few purists), is a WTB add for a black interior (or at least seat dye instructions), coilovers or lowering springs and at least an OEM lip in the classified section .
Dunno if that's good or bad but it's probably true. Things CAN get a little cloneish around here...
Good luck with the Bullet, you have done a great job and it is truly something to be proud of.

PS: Who are you listening to Jazz wise?

Last edited by Studiogeek; 05-24-14 at 06:29 AM.
Old 05-26-14, 11:08 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Studiogeek
Barbary,
Don't sweat that seat color thing man, the only person that has to be happy is you man. We freely give opinions on this forum and sometimes we get new ideas from them and sometimes we reject or ignore them. Everyone has the choice. It's a gorgeous car that is meticulously maintained and that is something to be proud of. Occasionally members are just critical, mean and wrong but mostly you will find enthusiasts who have helpful opinions that can help you love your car even more. When I joined, I had a low mileage extra clean car but it had an over the top body kit, ugly wheels, aftermarket lighting and horrible fitment. I was so in love, I could not see it. After I got over the shock of different opinions and looked at thousands of Sc's like the guys here, I realized the opinions would make it a much nicer car. They were all totally right in my case and I learned lots from the discussion. If you take a look at my introductory post (the mods turned them into a build thread), you will see the transformation of vision. I got major criticism, but ultimately tried the suggestions and love the car way More now. Your mileage surely may vary, so follow your own path with yours but you might want to keep at least one ear open. If people think you love it too much, they may hold back helpful opinions. In my case, luckily they just let me have it . That said, a unique vision is much needed in every car community so follow yours if you love it. Everyones eye is different. I'd bet if you sold it on this board (I know that would never happen), it would sell quickly! and the first thing that you would see (except for a few purists), is a WTB add for a black interior (or at least seat dye instructions), coilovers or lowering springs and at least an OEM lip in the classified section .
Dunno if that's good or bad but it's probably true. Things CAN get a little cloneish around here...
Good luck with the Bullet, you have done a great job and it is truly something to be proud of.

PS: Who are you listening to Jazz wise?
Hi Geek: u r a man o f many words of wisdom I appreciate that. all u guys have me looking outside my own Boxx My reason for becoming a member
1 is to sing the praise of the SC.
the big secret we in the forum all know & want to reaffirm that the SC is probably the best built & prettiest mass produced production car ever
Evidence is the Purple Bullet - over 20 yrs old & over 1/4 mill miles & never a repair & today runs like a Rolex.
2 the seats; I wanted 2 encourage anyone contemplating race seats to in my opinion= Go for it! Dump those ultra heavy stock seats for snug light weight racers.
the weight reduction alone is worth it. I did those seats & took the full size spare out of the trunk & probably dropped 150 lbs. Its noticeable
So I'm keeping the seats, but since I just paid for a new suspension; what is an inexpensive way 2 drop it an inch? anyway I'm driver not a racer. That doesn't mean I don't get on it. We have an Interstate here that goes the length of Ca. The I-5 (No Tolls)
(Part 2 in a reply)

Last edited by Barbary; 05-28-14 at 05:49 PM.
Old 05-26-14, 11:35 PM
Barbary
Instructor

Received 480 Likes on 290 Posts
Default Jazz

Geek: My main squeeze is Keiko Matsui = Story about jazz & the Bullet

I'm probably the only member who ever put his SC on cruise
I used 2 commute everyday from San José to SF 100 miles a day for years. On a really scenic hiway I guess I got tired & tried cruise. It worked!
I'd start out, put it on cruse, turn on Keiko & let the bullet drive me on this hiway. Most of the time it was the best part of my day " on the best road in the best car w the best music WOW"
@ Yosemite I like playing her Dream Walk @ Grand Canyon I'll Play her A Drop of Water
Keiko goes right to the core of my soul

That's probably as close to heaven as U can get

Last edited by Barbary; 05-28-14 at 05:51 PM.