SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

For those of you who dealt with Lextech, I have a few questions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-14, 08:06 AM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Weather should not be an issue when it comes to proper communication skills. There's far better companies to deal with than these guys. Best of luck.
Old 03-04-14, 11:55 AM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD
I wish I knew you all provided this service like 6 months ago. It is better to have a lower mileage car anyway, for insurance purposes.

BTW, how much is this cost for future reference?

$89 if purchased on our website.
www.taninautoelectronix.com

Old 03-04-14, 11:59 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

That is a good price. I changed out the digital clusters from my old one to my new and it still read the actual mileage still. Then I changed out the mother board and it showed the one I wanted. I was thinking that me changing the digital display would fix the issue, but it is in the memory somewhere on the motherboard. In the end, I still got the results I was looking for, and a little bit wiser on the cluster DO's and DONT'S !

Is this all you do for the $89 price? I am now curious. PM me if you feel the need to.
Old 03-04-14, 12:05 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

We don't do any swapping, we do on board programming. The process for every make and model is different.
Old 03-04-14, 04:33 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I actual did not know that type of service was offered.
Old 03-05-14, 06:39 AM
grm405
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 1 Post

Weather can be a big issue if you lose power due to an ice storm, as has happened to me. No power, no computer, no soldering iron. Some of my co-workers were without power for over a month when I had my blackout, years ago. I only lost power for several days. There has been extraordinarily bad weather this winter in many parts of the country. Not here in AZ where we are having record good weather (80 degrees and sunshine all winter).

Not making excuses for the guy, as it appears that this has been a problem in the past, but the idea of filing criminal charges is over the top. Don't think any jurisdiction is going to extradite a business owner because he kept your cluster for a month instead of 5 days. A better option is to get it back eventually, then never do business with him again, and let others know of your dissatisfaction.

That will be my tactic.

Gerry
Old 03-05-14, 02:49 PM
jpw
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Power can't be out for that long. There's no excuse for the delay - just laziness and crappy, non-existent customer service.

As far as getting your part back, I'd kill him with kindness, or send him a fedex letter pleading if you want to do something.. You have a lot to lose by threatening ineffective legal action - it'll most likely **** him off. Remember, he has your cluster.

I was very pissed off when he took a few more weeks than normal, but I just 'hung in there' and eventually it got sent back.
Old 03-05-14, 06:55 PM
GIMJ
Driver School Candidate

I agree with what most of you guys are saying. After some private PMs with some of the previous lextech customers, I decided to wait it out seeing how a month's wait time is nothing out of the ordinary for lextech. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 05-09-14, 04:58 PM
GIMJ
Driver School Candidate

I'll start a new thread to update this. Basically.

Lextech officially has stolen my items.
Lextech continues to lie.
Lectech, in fact, threatens defamation lawsuits against those who speak of their experiences w/ the company.
Lextech continues to ignore my attempts of communication and resolving this issue.

New thread coming this weekend with details. I'm busy talking to my local PD about my options. I just want to save Clublexus members from getting screwed. Unfortunately, Lextech is still successful in screwing over a lot of people here on the boards. This has got to stop.
Old 05-09-14, 11:28 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry to hear of your problems.....but sadly I am not at all surprised by your experience. Several months back I posted that there are far better vendors to do business with than these guys. Best of luck to you as you work thru this bad experience.
Old 05-10-14, 06:19 AM
Albatross
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm new to lexus stuff guys but I gotta be honest with ya, everytime I hear lextech it usually comes along with lots of bad news. If they took forever to do my original stuff I think I'd have gone with someone else to fix it even though they are obligated to fix it contractually. I'd rather lose a little up front than have to pull my stuff out every few months to get them to take a few months to fix it. With that said, tanin hooked me up in less than a week with some better than OEM gauges that have been perfect ever since. I will be ordering a climate control unit from them when mine starts failing. I've worked in and been around the aftermarket parts industry for a long time and tanin impressed the heck out of me. Customer service HAS to be #1 or else you suck at business, thats the bottom line.
Old 05-13-14, 01:26 PM
SC400begin
Driver School Candidate

Default Very Unhappy with Lextech

Originally Posted by GIMJ
Hey ladies and gents.

Roughly a year or so ago, I got the Lextech complete climate control and cluster set done. It took a bit, but I was really happy with their work. Coming from almost a complete dead set, I was happy with the work that Lextech did.

Now, as time started passing, each button on the climate control started burning out. It happened one by one over time, until every button on the climate died.

Then the needle on my gauge started going out...

I contacted Lextech, and they got back to me RIGHT away, emailing me and telling me to send my problematic units in and telling me they'll fix it as per their warranty. Happy with their instant communication, I sent my units in.

Now here is where my problem lies...

I sent in my climate and cluster, and Lextech received it on the 29th of January. I emailed them, asking me to update me about what went wrong w/ the cluster and the general process of when they'll finish up my unit.

I emailed them on January 30th, then February 4, and then February 5. It was February 5 when I received a response from them. When asked about the general updates, they said:

Sounds about right. Its 5 days business days in the shop as always.

I thanked them again, and that's when communication stopped on their end.

I emailed them February 13 then 14th (Happy Valentines Day!)

So this is where I stand. They had my unit since January 29th. For 17 days, and certainly over the 5 business days they've promised it'll take to fix the units.

Now, I understand that for a lot of clublexus members, it took awhile for Lextech to send back your units. Now, it's not really the time that concerns me, but it's the level of communication...

Is it really that difficult to get in contact w/ lextech? If they've been updating me regularly and telling me what went wrong like they promised they would, I wouldn't be sitting here and slightly freaking out.

Thanks guys.
I am very unhappy with Lextech. I have never been treated as rudely and unprofessionally in the United States of America - maybe in France or Germany. Lextech has my money with no product. I tried to resolve this with the owner directly, to no avail. In my opinion, there are several other options to try instead of Lextech. I have seen products and services on E-Bay. Maybe those parties will act professionally. Again, I strongly encourage y'all to look elsewhere for any products or services that Lextech offers, or be satisfied with a non-perfect Lexus. I also encourage victims of Lextech to post as much as possible and get the truth out. Maybe then will the owner of Lextech change his attitude.
Old 05-13-14, 01:47 PM
SC400begin
Driver School Candidate

Default Lextech Lighting System needs to change its attitude

Originally Posted by GIMJ
I'll start a new thread to update this. Basically.

Lextech officially has stolen my items.
Lextech continues to lie.
Lectech, in fact, threatens defamation lawsuits against those who speak of their experiences w/ the company.
Lextech continues to ignore my attempts of communication and resolving this issue.

New thread coming this weekend with details. I'm busy talking to my local PD about my options. I just want to save Clublexus members from getting screwed. Unfortunately, Lextech is still successful in screwing over a lot of people here on the boards. This has got to stop.
Well said!
Old 06-04-14, 05:27 AM
phermes1
Driver School Candidate

You know, every time I see something else pop up about Lextech, I wish I had done more research before I used them, and I wish I had spoken up more afterwards to help other people avoid my mistake.

Their poor communication and lack of customer service is not a fluke. Nearly every experience I have heard about is just like mine. They don’t respond to emails, they never apologize, and their excuses for delays are weak and/or outright lies. And their claimed 5 day turnaround time is a complete joke.

Their actual work might not be too bad. My climate control and cluster lighting all look good over a year later. My needles are still lit, although I was pretty underwhelmed by the job they did – the needles are better than they were before, but not nearly as bright as I was led to believe they would be. Finally, the tach/speedo fix is not worth the money. They don’t mention it on the website, but they cannot guarantee that their repair will work. They told me that directly after my job was completed, and I even had it confirmed by another company when I looked for someone else to work on it after the fact.

I would pay money to go with someone else over getting a warranty repair from Lextech.
Old 06-04-14, 11:28 AM
jpw
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had him do the needles and feel fortunate I got them back - same as you, I'd hoped they were going to be brighter, though.

And same here, there's no way in hell I'd send them back to him for any warranty work...

Quick Reply: For those of you who dealt with Lextech, I have a few questions?