SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

For those of you who dealt with Lextech, I have a few questions?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-14, 02:35 PM
Jostar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
We are a speedometer repair business so we have equipment to calibrate and test everything.
That is great! I guess I will be stopping by in a few weeks.. I rather get it done locally with you guys.
Old 02-21-14, 02:35 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jason, can you make my car go faster by recall rating the speedo? Like adding a big spoiler and a fart pipe on a honda accord?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Blame the cold medications.
Old 02-22-14, 06:59 AM
jpw
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the same xperience w lextech when he did my needles. It's a guy who fixes them in house in TN. got it back in 4 weeks. I was getting nervous since i was moving. I got them back 3 days b4 i had to move , then installed the cluster. I did get ok communication from him but it took way too long for me. Won't use him again. I suggested to him to at least email buyer when he received & returns it since it's a high $$$ item but he obviously ignored this.
Old 02-22-14, 07:12 PM
Rookie

Well I got an email back sayin they burn test the ecu and will be mailed in afew days. That was on the 19th of feb.
Ill post when i get it. Then let everyone know if its good work or not. I have before and after pics on my phone so I can see what they did or didnt do.

no ecu yet. feb 24 2014

Last edited by 1980; 02-24-14 at 03:21 PM.
Old 02-24-14, 04:05 PM
GIMJ
Driver School Candidate

Got an update!!!

No email. No response. No cluster. No climate control. Still waiting.
Old 02-25-14, 03:19 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jason I know you said you are a speedometer repair business so does this mean you can also repair non functioning speedometers and odometers on the SC clusters?
Old 02-25-14, 03:28 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

Everything. We also do odometer correction (on every make and model) so if you buy a used cluster we can change the mileage to what it's supposed to be.

Last edited by TaninAuto; 02-25-14 at 03:59 PM.
Old 02-27-14, 04:43 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Based on the experience I had dealing with Lextech, I will never deal with them again. Lame communication and customer service! There's much better and professional venders out there doing this kind of work now and I suggest searching those venders out.
Old 02-27-14, 05:36 PM
Kobeone
Driver School Candidate

I'd like to vouch for tanin auto. Sent my cluster a year ago and still works perfect. Very fast turn around. Always replies to emails and keeps you informed. Please feel safe sending your buisness their way!!
Old 03-03-14, 08:37 AM
GIMJ
Driver School Candidate

I now have questions.

1) It has been over a month? Should I press grand larceny charges or should I just wait it out?
2) Do any of you know exactly who owns lextech and operates it now?

I haven't had a lick of communication now. If worst comes to worst, I can access the database at my work and find out the TM or CORP Lextech and find out all the personal information that way in order to pursue charges. I am just hoping it doesn't have to come to that.
Old 03-03-14, 11:19 AM
sj408
Instructor

Originally Posted by GIMJ
I now have questions.

1) It has been over a month? Should I press grand larceny charges or should I just wait it out?
2) Do any of you know exactly who owns lextech and operates it now?

I haven't had a lick of communication now. If worst comes to worst, I can access the database at my work and find out the TM or CORP Lextech and find out all the personal information that way in order to pursue charges. I am just hoping it doesn't have to come to that.
Sounds like a legal way to obtain someone's info

After a month, I would not be considering grand larceny charges but give him one last email. Let him know your next steps. And a reasonable time frame in which to respond, I'd say if another 2-4 weeks go by get all crazy with your grand larceny charges.
Old 03-03-14, 11:49 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

I'm with sj on the waiting. I'd say give it two more weeks and then see about filing charges. Research if definitely just so you're ready if a trigger needs pulling.

That's genuinely a shame, though. A trusted artisan for our cars reduced to petty thievery (potentially).
Old 03-03-14, 11:57 AM
grm405
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 1 Post

I would say "chill out a little".

I sent my cluster in several days before you did and it is still there. I did receive a response when I had heard nothing for several weeks. He blamed it on the weather, and given the horrible conditions in that area I find that somewhat reasonable.

After driving around with a big hole in my dash for several weeks I ended up buying a cluster off ebay for $92 and stuck that in there to keep me mobile until mine is fixed. It also gives me the option of playing around with it (lighting/needles) and not risking my original 60,000 mile cluster.

I would probably think twice about sending a unit to them again, but I have not panicked (yet). If I had found the critical threads earlier I might not have sent it to them this time.

Gerry
Old 03-03-14, 12:15 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

I think it might be different if he'd gotten a response or even a reasonable time estimate. No sane person likes to wait, but not knowing would drive me to the brink.

Especially on something like this.
Old 03-03-14, 01:36 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by TaninAuto
Everything. We also do odometer correction (on every make and model) so if you buy a used cluster we can change the mileage to what it's supposed to be.
I wish I knew you all provided this service like 6 months ago. It is better to have a lower mileage car anyway, for insurance purposes.

BTW, how much is this cost for future reference?

Quick Reply: For those of you who dealt with Lextech, I have a few questions?