SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Will an Aristo TT ECU control my Auto transmission?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-14, 09:24 PM
mechanix56
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will an Aristo TT ECU control my Auto transmission?

so im looking to do the ecu swap on my sc300 but i cant find ANYTHING that confirms my transmision is going to shift when done. i dont mind if i have to manually shift it and lock the line pressure cable thats not a big deal but i just want to know that it is going to shift at all once this is done. im going to swap to 5 speed soon but in the mean time id like to drive my car! anyone know for sure? i know that the TT transmissions have electrically controlled line pressure selonoids where as my car has a cable
Old 02-03-14, 09:51 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I think it does shift fine for the most part but the overdrive light blinks or something like that can't remember if overdrive works or not but we are working on the extra wiring right now for the gte trans and I noticed there is a slight wire difference even when using the ge trans, which may fix that issue. please post in the tt ecu mod thread so we can get it worked out.
Old 02-03-14, 10:33 AM
sj408
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Overdrive works but the light will blink when engaged. Other than that no issues here.
Old 02-03-14, 10:41 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

so it shifts through all 4 gears. that is good news.
I may have figured out the overdrive thing, it may be the wiring for the number 3 solenoid lock like I posted in the tt ecu mod thread. maybe that will lock it up in overdrive and the light wont blink. looks like you need to move a pin at the ecu and rewire the other side of the #3 solenoid to battery power (instead of ground), and that should get rid of the o/d light and possibly be better in overdrive somehow.
Old 02-03-14, 02:45 PM
mechanix56
Driver School Candidate

ok great! does anyone know if I can leave the stock distributer setup with the plug wires plugs the way it is an have the car run until I get around to swapping to coils?
Old 02-04-14, 08:47 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I have a few theories but no one has done it yet. the stock ignitor does not work with the GTE ecu so there is some special wiring with the ds62 ignitor that needs to be worked out, except I haven't worked it out yet because my car is running and I haven't felt like uninstalling my coils, testing it out and reinstalling my coils. even writing it made me tired. If you want to give it a shot I can help you try but as of right now it only works with going coilpacks with the newer ignitor.

one of my theories is tying all 6 IGT's coming out of the ecu into coil 1 ont he ds62 ignitor, and leaving coil 2 and 3 blank and seeing if it will trigger all 6 on coil 1. if it does then it should work with the stock distributor, but I don;t know if that will burn out the ignitor or something, I doubt it but it needs to be tested and troublehsooted there isn't a DIY yet but if it gets a little warmer I will give it a try and let you guys know. Its single digits outside and the garage is freeeeezing.
Old 02-04-14, 03:59 PM
mechanix56
Driver School Candidate

so heres what im thinking, im gonna get a supra upper intake manifold and throttle body if i can find one reasonably priced i built an LS2 coil pack setup today and they have ignitors built into them so i can totally bypass the ignitor and wire them straight to the ecu if im correct? they are setup in waste spark just like the vvti coils so i could just go straight to the coil outputs on the ECU or do i need to go with the supra or vvti ignitor?
Old 02-04-14, 08:09 PM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

This conversation needs to be moved to the ECU mod thread and keep this on topic for the OP Aristo ECU question.. Just sayin..

Post # 300
Old 02-05-14, 09:09 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

I think you need to do some more research on the tt ecu mod and using gte ecu's. what is your power goals short term and long term?

first you can't use a supra intake manifold it doesn't bolt up, you have to use an aftermarket one for the 2jzge. It takes a lot of work to go FFIM and not something I would tackle right away with everything else. It is a whole project in itself alot of custom things and relocating need to happen.

second ls2 coils are for standalones generally, they don't work with the stock ecu's because ecu is looking for the toyota ignitor IGF signal it sends back, which LS coils with built in ignitors do not do. there is an IGF simulator you can buy, but its iffy at best and at that pointyou have so much stuff to run custom coils on your car you should not bother and just get an aem ems v1 and then run the ls coils straight up.

vvti coils can handle more power than you can put down with the gte ecu 800+hp and are the least complicated to wire up. if you have to use ls coils you should get a standalone. if you want a toyota setup with toyota parts then the tt ecu mod may be for you. you can also use toyota 1ZZ/2zz coils but will still require a front facing intake manifold.

unless its related to the auto transmission lets keep this thread free of the basic stuff and post these kind of questions in the tt ecu mod thread.