ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   SC's with no window tint. (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/725991-scs-with-no-window-tint.html)

Joey-E 01-19-14 11:31 AM

SC's with no window tint.

So i just took off my back window tint on a 97 i got not too long ago since it was old and started to bubble. I must say it looks pretty good!!!:eek2: I like it, i guess its something different for me since my previous SC had dark tint all around. I'm considering removing the rest of the tint now before i get new tint . How many of you are rolling with no tint on? Got any pics? :thumbup::)

1JZPWRD 01-19-14 12:15 PM

Its just too hot to be rolling here in Bama w/o no tint... My dash and seats would cook. LOL

mnewxcv 01-19-14 12:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
not mine, but ive always loved this sc.

MikeFoxx 01-19-14 12:42 PM

Most cars actually look better with no tint or a very light tint imo. Steam the rest off ^_^

U could always do a 40% ceramic... Very light and way more effective in keeping the heat out over the standard black out film

Duck05 01-19-14 01:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine with tint on the back and the "almost clear" reflective tint on the front passenger windows. (It is illegal in CA to have any after market tint that makes it "darker" on the front passenger windows albeit ignored and inconsistently enforced - CA laws suck in general and this one is up there.)

Even in Northern California the SCs get real hot if left in direct sun light for very long. Not really sure if there was inadequate insulation in the roof or what but these cars get hot inside so using nothing is not a good idea, IMO.

Joey-E 01-19-14 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD (Post 8336220)
Its just too hot to be rolling here in Bama w/o no tint... My dash and seats would cook. LOL

Lol yeah same in TX think ill change my mind when it starts to get hotter :eek2:

Originally Posted by mnewxcv (Post 8336252)
not mine, but ive always loved this sc.

Very nice pic thanks :thumbup:

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx (Post 8336268)
Most cars actually look better with no tint or a very light tint imo. Steam the rest off ^_^

U could always do a 40% ceramic... Very light and way more effective in keeping the heat out over the standard black out film

Thanks man ill look into it! Your right i think they do look better and tinting is all preference. :thumbup:

Sweatshop 01-19-14 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't do tint for two primary reasons. First, I don't wanna give cops the excuse. Second. Taking tint off properly is a major chore. My car had it and had it removed ( not by me) and the idiots stripped alot of the defrosting element on the rear glass.

187 01-19-14 01:41 PM

I also have the "fish bowl" look, NY tint laws are like nothing so its not even worth it.

Biddles 01-19-14 02:17 PM

On my 92 I removed the tint job someone did, looked so much better after i finished. My 96 though has factory tint, and I'm not going to touch it as it's perfect without a sign of wear. It's a very light tint, so sight is still very good.

99rx 01-19-14 02:44 PM

My 92 had nothing on it when I got it. I decided, after putting a new interior in it, to go ahead and do 35% all around. Not dark at all and I can still see clearly at night with no issues. It also cuts down on peoples headlight reflections throughout the car. I noticed when I drove it without the tints, since the SC is so low, I found myself constantly being blinding from the side mirrors and rear view mirror reflection. Much more reduced now, even with the light tint.

Joey-E 01-19-14 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by kbb (Post 8336327)
I don't do tint for two primary reasons. First, I don't wanna give cops the excuse. Second. Taking tint off properly is a major chore. My car had it and had it removed ( not by me) and the idiots stripped alot of the defrosting element on the rear glass.

Thats true, looks good :thumbup:

Originally Posted by 187 (Post 8336346)
I also have the "fish bowl" look, NY tint laws are like nothing so its not even worth it.

I saw a video on tinting and they mentioned that NY was strict about it.

Originally Posted by Biddles (Post 8336389)
On my 92 I removed the tint job someone did, looked so much better after i finished. My 96 though has factory tint, and I'm not going to touch it as it's perfect without a sign of wear. It's a very light tint, so sight is still very good.

Originally Posted by 99rx (Post 8336432)
My 92 had nothing on it when I got it. I decided, after putting a new interior in it, to go ahead and do 35% all around. Not dark at all and I can still see clearly at night with no issues. It also cuts down on peoples headlight reflections throughout the car. I noticed when I drove it without the tints, since the SC is so low, I found myself constantly being blinding from the side mirrors and rear view mirror reflection. Much more reduced now, even with the light tint.

Yeah i think im going to go with just a light tint next time around nothing too dark. Clear or just factory tint looks so clean too tho :thumbup:.

StillLine 01-19-14 08:06 PM

Rollin' tint free

Although I've tossed the idea around, I've ultimately decided to forego tinting the windows on my SC. I'm running with no front tag here in IL where it's required, so stealth is good. I don't need the po po scoping my tint and then noticing no tag. Besides, I'm rollin' with the top and windows down 'bout 75% of the time. :D

StillLine

http://s17.postimg.org/sxovb9hrz/image.jpg

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/...d5042/yuuu.jpg

OG Dada 01-19-14 08:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I apologize but I can't seem to find the original pic, LOL. But here's mine without tint.

Supradelux 01-20-14 12:06 AM

tint>fish bowl
Alwys get tint and go with darkest for the rears personal imo looks awesome!!! **** legality state laws muahhaha

SC400slide 01-20-14 07:47 AM

If you have no tint out here in NM consider your interior toast in a couple years.