SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Body of a Japanese Goddess, Heart of an American General

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-13, 01:55 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mikef
whats the LBS of that engine vs a 2jz gte?
ls is 390-400 max with oil in it assembled. with headers. 503 with trans.
gte is 594-600 with oil. with v160 is 746lb
1uz with r154 is less than 500..
Old 09-03-13, 12:49 AM
Trilla
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn cant wait to see it start up, good luck with your build
Old 09-04-13, 12:41 AM
Swint
Rookie

Love this.
Old 09-04-13, 01:57 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

honestly, minus the extra displacement, what does the LSX engines have over a 1UZ? better aftermarket?

and why do they have better aftermarket? because no one is sticking with them.

Per Litre the 1UZ has more horsepower than a LS1.
Old 09-04-13, 06:02 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

honestly im all up for the LS swap, The LS motor has sooo much aftermarket its not even funny. I know this first hand because my best friend owns an s13 LS1 making 350 to the wheels, and an LS3 FC making 600. when he needs parts he justs hops onto ebay and itll be at his doorstep within 3 days.
Old 09-05-13, 11:52 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
honestly im all up for the LS swap, The LS motor has sooo much aftermarket its not even funny. I know this first hand because my best friend owns an s13 LS1 making 350 to the wheels, and an LS3 FC making 600. when he needs parts he justs hops onto ebay and itll be at his doorstep within 3 days.
Exactly why i went with the LS platform... ALL the autoparts stores carry parts for them in stock. everything is a 4th of what the 1uzfe stuff costs. plus 'Murica
Old 09-05-13, 01:14 PM
RicoLSX
Driver

Originally Posted by PseudoK
honestly, minus the extra displacement, what does the LSX engines have over a 1UZ? better aftermarket?

and why do they have better aftermarket? because no one is sticking with them.

Per Litre the 1UZ has more horsepower than a LS1.
Originally Posted by SC4Paulo
This. 350hp at the wheels is a stock motor.

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Exactly why i went with the LS platform... ALL the autoparts stores carry parts for them in stock. everything is a 4th of what the 1uzfe stuff costs. plus 'Murica
'MURICA!

And, who can forget, the sweet exhaust note of an LS V8?! I can't wait til I have a ground thumping idle coming from my SC Simple cam only swap and I'll be making 480-500 at the wheels AND get better MPG. I babied the last tank in mixed city/highway driving and only averaged 20.7MPG. Pretty sad for a 3.0L inline 6, but the steep gearing and only four speeds hamper its mpg.
Old 09-05-13, 02:08 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

So the age old "no replacement for displacement??"

You dont suppose that if there were more aftermarket support of the 1UZ we could get better gas milage out of this 4.0 engine than a 5.7 or 7.0 engine?

Its really sad how ignored the 1UZFE is..
Old 09-05-13, 06:36 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

murica.

and before anyone says anything about the camera guy i shook because i took my other hand to cover my ears, MONSTER WAS LOUD. It hurt my ears...

Old 09-05-13, 06:39 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

You dont suppose that if there were more aftermarket support of the 1UZ we could get better gas milage out of this 4.0 engine than a 5.7 or 7.0 engine?

I don't mind from what i have seen and actually done, the 1UZ isn't as easy to work on as an LS.
Old 09-05-13, 09:11 PM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^ the 1uz has to many sensors and odd placed vacuum lines It's really ridiculous. I wish I would've gone Ls instead of putting in a newer 1uz and buying z33 trans swap stuff. I'm spending more for less power and no aftermarket.

Love the idea of your future setup!
Old 09-06-13, 05:59 AM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have some pretty extensive knowledge of the 1uzfe as well.

think of it this way. The LS is a 5.7, with a single cam and push rods. The 1uzfe is a 4L Quad cam interference motor. either way you slice it the LS is a larger motor so it has more potential to make more power per cyl. Granted thats a very dumbed down version because there are many variables at work here but for the most part this statement stands true. The 1uz, because of its shorter stroke has the potential to rev higher inturn it makes most of its power at higher RPM's. The LS platform makes its power and tourqe at lower rpms. When you add Boost its simple math. a 5.7L will make more power at 10psi then a 4L will make at 10 psi.

change topics a bit here, there is so much more after market support for the LS because they are in so many vehicles here in the US. the 1uzfe came factory in 2 models of cars, the LS came in like 10 including trucks. Because of this there are more company's that make parts which makes more competition between companys which leads to cheaper parts. Cheaper parts means you can fully build a motor to handle MORE for less. for less then 5,000 I have a fully built LS platform that can easily handle 20-28 psi safley. inorder to build that in the 1uz plataform it would take 10's of thousands because you have to have everything custom made. Just to give you an example Full piston/rod/rings set up for the ls was 980$ for some of the best on the market. to buy rods pistons rings for the 1uzfe built for boost cost me over 2100$.

like i said, its simple math. you can build a MONSTER LS for less money which means you can spend more to make it safer and more reliable because its built for the punishment. its a larger motor so it will make way more power on less boost then a 2jz or 1uz would. a 2j takes upwards of 25-30psi to break 1000hp. a 1uzfe takes upwards of 20-22psi. at 18-20psi with the LS platform I will easily blow past 1000hp and safely because i was able to spend more on internals and building the motor correctly
Old 09-06-13, 11:19 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Not sure how I missed your thread Grant. Hope all is going well and the info I sent was useful. Starting my customers 5.3 swap in the next week or 2, and finally taking my 5.7 to the next step. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Oh and about the comment with MPG from the 1UZ to the LS, I average 28-29mpg with the LS1/T56 combo. I will gladly download the ScanGauge data if needed.
Old 09-06-13, 12:37 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Doesnt a corvette with the same engine only get 24MPG? and the corvette being lighter and likely more aerodynamic?
Old 09-06-13, 07:12 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Doesnt a corvette with the same engine only get 24MPG? and the corvette being lighter and likely more aerodynamic?
Depends on how you drive it. Friends dad has a C5 M6 Vette, and averages 32mpg. A 1/4 tank of gas lasts me about 4-1/2 to 5 days if I drive "properly".

Forgot to mention, my car is pretty much completely gutted. Heaviest thing inside is the cage. No a/c or heat, hvac completely removed, all unused wires, sound deadening materials, no spare or carpet in the trunk, Corbeau seat on the drivers side, DC4 Integra seat on the passenger side, both with harnesses. So my car is much lighter than a stock SC. But cruising at 40mph at 1100rpm's in 6th gear is nice.

Last edited by turbodremz; 09-06-13 at 09:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Body of a Japanese Goddess, Heart of an American General