SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lexus to Toyota Emblems

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-13, 12:16 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ASTERiSK
Not sure why people go out of their way to make their car look less of what it is. I would personally go with the Soarer griffin and no badges in the rear since it'd be a cleaner look imo.
But its the same car lol why would a Toyota Soarer be any "less" than a Lexus SC300?

Originally Posted by dwebb99
think about it.....Toyota makes a Prius.....get what I'm saying...?
Wow...just wow. Toyota also made the SUPRA..the T1000...todays Tunda...yesterdays Soarer the Altezza the Cressida the AWD Celica and thats just to name a few. Get what I'm saying?

OP...do what what ever you feel like doing. It is just a car. If YOU don't like the end result, it can always be 'fixed' and put back to what it was. I think Lexus is no greater than the parts that make it, and the parts no less then what they are.
Old 07-22-13, 12:48 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
But its the same car lol why would a Toyota Soarer be any "less" than a Lexus SC300?

Wow...just wow. Toyota also made the SUPRA..the T1000...todays Tunda...yesterdays Soarer the Altezza the Cressida the AWD Celica and thats just to name a few. Get what I'm saying?

OP...do what what ever you feel like doing. It is just a car. If YOU don't like the end result, it can always be 'fixed' and put back to what it was. I think Lexus is no greater than the parts that make it, and the parts no less then what they are.
Thats what im saying man Lol Its really a Toyota im not sure where everyone got the idea of me putting other model emblems on like some ricer kid

And i think the winged lion soarer emblem looks tacky as hell upfront

What i was getting at is since its a SC (in the states)and not a Soarer (from japan basically the same car) would it be too much, personally i like the look of the Toyota badges

Last edited by Joey-E; 07-22-13 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-22-13, 01:00 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Also like the idea of switching the Emblems on the engine to complete the look

Old 07-22-13, 01:21 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

That would complete the look. I have the griffon up front because people never know what the heck it is. I love the faces I get on that one.
Old 07-22-13, 01:38 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

That would complete the look. I have the griffon up front because people never know what the heck it is. I love the faces I get on that one.
Love that look Well i actually like the Soarer Lion emblem itself just not up front wish there was like a lil miniature one we can put on somewhere maybe next to the Soarer badge in the back.
Old 07-22-13, 02:24 PM
dwebb99
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps I have insulted some of the Toyota crowd out there with my Toyota "Prius" comment. Instead, I should have said, where is the "Yaris" equivalent in the Lexus lineup? Don't get me wrong, I love Toyota products and currently have 3 of 'em, but Lexus was created to engineer, build,and market cars to a higher standard than Toyota's normal lineup. I say....Rejoice in that and wear it proudly.
Old 07-22-13, 02:45 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Thats true to a extent....its just a suggestion tho either Toyota or Lexus emblems im happy just looking to do something different without going overboard
Old 07-22-13, 03:08 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Then I think a simple emblem swap is a good idea.
Old 07-22-13, 04:53 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

I think it's a terrible idea!! Absolutely terrible. Lol jkjk. It's ur car. Do what u want. But I would rather keep the "L" badge so ppl think I'm a rich ****
Old 07-22-13, 11:01 PM
eknine9
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got this on my car too, griffin up front, full debadge in the rear. I personally like the uniqueness it adds to the car as the griffin is an emblem most people never see, and with it debadged in the back, people who don't know what it is either ask or sit back confused.

But it's your car. Do what you like and what makes you happy. So long as you do it clean there's no reason for anyone to get butthurt about your car. If you debadge in the back, don't leave the holes just sitting there. When you rebadge, make sure the badges are perfectly aligned and not crooked, etc. But it's not a big deal what you personally choose to badge on your car so long as you don't go overboard like that Bonneville Impala V posted earlier in the thread.

I really want to replace my steering wheel airbag cover with a griffin airbag cover, but they are nearly impossible to find.
Old 07-24-13, 04:58 PM
YanoYano
Driver

Originally Posted by bigwes
I think it's a terrible idea!! Absolutely terrible. Lol jkjk. It's ur car. Do what u want. But I would rather keep the "L" badge so ppl think I'm a rich ****
hahaha i like them both but just dont like how the griffin looks in the front.
Old 07-24-13, 06:35 PM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
I wanna wake up in a new Bugatti

Wearing Versace Versace Versace
Hahhahahahahaha lol
Old 07-24-13, 07:57 PM
bigwes
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by YanoYano

hahaha i like them both but just dont like how the griffin looks in the front.
Then don't get the griffin emblem. Id rather keep the "L" badge, that is jus my opinion tho. The badge seems to have more respect
Old 07-24-13, 09:24 PM
lookEVO
Lexus Test Driver

Ive got the GTE coil cover under my hood with the toyota emblem. Thats as far as i would go.
Old 07-25-13, 11:55 AM
SCYAL8R
Rookie

No badges or stock badges.

to me its the same as putting a type r sticker on a base Integra.

keep it simple.

Quick Reply: Lexus to Toyota Emblems