SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-06, 03:04 AM
akdmks
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)

hello,

in case some of you forgot or for those who do not know, i have a CANADIAN 1992 sc400. i was wondering if the digital clusters would be plug and play since i am already in km/h. i would really like to have the digital cluster, and if anyone has taken one apart, can the bulbs be converted to maybe white leds? thanks for all your time.

alex
Old 02-01-06, 03:22 AM
lawrenceO
Driver

Alex, there is a guy on soarercentral.com here in Australia who is working on doing the reverse - fitting an analog speedo etc to a Soarer (which has digital, and in km/hour not mph). His name is Mark (mark.paddick@bigpond.com). He may have some pointers, but comments I've seen indicate that it is a really difficult job. Who knows, he may be keen on a swap?

The cluster can be changed for a different colour, I had mine done a year or 2 ago. It's a matter of changing filters and the fluoro tube at the bottom of the screen...
Attached Thumbnails JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)-p1300046.jpg  
Old 02-01-06, 11:26 PM
akdmks
Rookie

well from what ive been reading on all these other threads about the digital cluster swap, ive learned that it is difficult to swap in the digital cluster since the cluster changes from mph to km/h. people claim you have to change wiring and sensors and all that good stuff, but my question is since my car is canadian and is already in km/h, wouldnt it be an easy swap?

thanks

alex
Old 02-02-06, 07:44 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex, I believe the issue is much larger than simply converting from kph to mph. I believe I read that the wiring harnesses between the vehicles are completely different, and therein lies the problem. The fact that you have a "Canadian" SC makes no difference. Your "Canadian" version is no different than my "American" version. However, both of our cars have large differences in wiring and such from a JDM Soarer.

Read through this thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...rument+cluster

In order to make this work, a Soarer ECU and wiring harness is the first order of business. If you have done a 1JZ swap....easy. If not....not so easy.
Old 02-02-06, 08:07 AM
RobSoVIP
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mkorsu
In order to make this work, a Soarer ECU and wiring harness is the first order of business. If you have done a 1JZ swap....easy. If not....not so easy.

Why is that? The JZZ31 Soarer in Japan is running the 2JZ-GE, so if you have a 300 you could try to source that ECU, and the UZZ30 Soarer in Japan is the same as a SC400 here in the states, so you could try to source that ECU... You dont have to have a 1JZ to have a Soarer, lol.
Old 02-02-06, 08:41 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Originally Posted by sc400texas
Why is that? The JZZ31 Soarer in Japan is running the 2JZ-GE, so if you have a 300 you could try to source that ECU, and the UZZ30 Soarer in Japan is the same as a SC400 here in the states, so you could try to source that ECU... You dont have to have a 1JZ to have a Soarer, lol.
True. But hey, I'm a 400 guy so I know bupkis about the I6.

But, I was just trying to convey that he would need the Soarer ECU as opposed to some mod converting kph & mph.
Old 02-27-11, 09:02 PM
pharaoh20x
Driver School Candidate

Default Soarer gauge cluster in sc400 with 1jzgte swap.

Just to let you guys know, I did it all by myself, installed digital instrument cluster from RHD Toyota Sorarer into my Lexus Sc400, required complete rewire to work in LHD vehicle, never been done in lhd vehicle to my knowledge, not as hard as people make it seem, just requires a lot of patience and a lot of wires need to be extended. Will post pictures soon.
Attached Thumbnails JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)-0227112057.jpg   JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)-0227112054a.jpg  
Old 02-27-11, 09:21 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Looks nice. There's another member on here that installed it into his LHD SC. Did you get the fuel gauge to work?
Old 02-27-11, 09:25 PM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Diy please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =)
The following users liked this post:
PabloH (06-19-21)
Old 02-27-11, 09:47 PM
tacomonkey
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy! Diy!
PabloH (06-19-21)
Old 02-28-11, 12:48 AM
VIP_LEX
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pharaoh20x
Just to let you guys know, I did it all by myself, installed digital instrument cluster from RHD Toyota Sorarer into my Lexus Sc400, required complete rewire to work in LHD vehicle, never been done in lhd vehicle to my knowledge, not as hard as people make it seem, just requires a lot of patience and a lot of wires need to be extended. Will post pictures soon.
Where did you get those white instrument cluster LEDs?
Old 02-28-11, 02:14 AM
HottoMotto
Driver School Candidate

so how long did that project take you to finish?
Old 02-28-11, 06:44 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Um, you better post a DIY man. That's like finding a sex vid of Minka Kelly and not sharing lol.
PabloH (06-19-21)
Old 02-28-11, 07:07 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

^^^ LoL , and yea diy x1000 ....

but it looks like ur fuel and temp gauge dont work though ?
Old 02-28-11, 07:21 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

One post on here and he has accomplished something that not even members with 30K plus members hasnt figured out? We need to see a DIY, and I mean NOW!

Quick Reply: JDM Soarer Digital Cluster In SC **Special Case** (already searched)