Just curious... Were the SC and Supra built on the same frame? - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just curious... Were the SC and Supra built on the same frame?

Old 05-16-17, 11:05 AM   #16
LexIS007
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-SC300 View Post
You're right.... the SC drives like a luxury car (if it's a well maintained and not a beat to sht example).

Supra drives MUCH more rough. More vibration, more noise, way more rattles. Less interior room by far.

Since neither car is great on an actual track anyway and more of a straight line kind of vehicle, especially at those power levels, I'll take an SC all day. But maybe I am partial to a luxury ride as I prefer cars like a GS, LS, LX over stuff like Supra/EVO/Elipse etc.

Basically, to me the Supra felt like what the SC would be if you stripped it and angled the dash towards the driver. Take away some of the sound insulation, use cheaper materials and take away the comfortable seats. Which makes complete sense since the Supra was marketed as a sports car and the Lexus marketed as a luxury GT. It comes down to your preference at the end.

My SC is already extremely loud some times. Loud motor, loud exhaust, loud fuel pumps, etc. I can't imagine having it be even louder, that's why I insulated the entire cabin as much as I knew how. Definitely not a road trip car or a daily driver at this point.
Couldn't have said it better...
LexIS007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 01:34 PM   #17
Sleeper97
Lead Lap

Congrats on your purchase plex! been a longtime since i replied to anything on this forum. Having owned both cars when they were both Stock.
Here are the differences between the 2 cars in its stock state.

The supra and SC were built on the same plant in Japan.
Supra is about a trunk shorter than the SC in length.
Lexus SC fuel tank sits right behind the rear passenger seats, has a full size spare
Sitting in a stock supra for the first time after owning the SC you immediately notice you sit lower, more of a sports car feel.
Turning Radius i think is shorter
The Cabin has a tighter feel especially with the controls curved towards the driver.
Sleeper97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-17, 02:35 PM   #18
kitabel
Pole Position

Wheelbase difference: 5.5"
kitabel is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kitabel For This Useful Post:
StoneBeige (05-19-17)