SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

What would it take to get a spindle grille on the sc400?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-13, 12:37 AM
SEIDO
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
no, it reminds me of this

LMAO!
Old 02-17-13, 02:22 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WingsWest Spindle grille SC front:
Old 02-17-13, 07:14 AM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ha ha ha, LOL!,, That is the "Ultimate SC" Zach. Let's all rock this new look!

Ryan
Old 02-17-13, 08:45 AM
Kpierce007
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha I love this thread!!!!
Old 02-17-13, 08:47 AM
SC_coupe
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts

I think a full-on spindle grille doesn't belong on a car that was designed without a traditional grille in the first place. However, this spindle grille inspired custom front bumper from Japan is kind of cool....

Old 02-17-13, 01:55 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SC_coupe
I think a full-on spindle grille doesn't belong on a car that was designed without a traditional grille in the first place. However, this spindle grille inspired custom front bumper from Japan is kind of cool....

That is a beautiful bumper.

Ryan
Old 02-18-13, 03:47 PM
wickedtaco
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dats some good shizzt
Old 02-22-13, 06:18 AM
SQ400
Rookie

Originally Posted by UZZ-TT
Agreed. At first I just didn't want to take the time to hack up and warp the grille, but after seeing it was just too much, I felt compelled to do a re-edit.

Nice to see a fellow Military SC owner on here. (I assume that's what 10thMtn means.) Your sketch is good enough- it gets the message across; It'd be easy to integrate this into a new kit design without getting "grille crazy" as mine are prior. Here's my final rendition w/ integrated 97-00 grille:

I really like this and i have been thinking about this for months now, every since i seen the pics of the LF-LC.

I agree remove the Two side grilles and do some LED fogs or something of the sort. I think I could be something custom like that. I pretty good with fiber-glass. Hmmmmm
Old 03-18-14, 08:07 PM
MayoKnees
Driver School Candidate

The more of these threads I see makes the SC seem like a car that will always be a part of the future. Easily one of the best looking cars of all time.
Old 03-20-14, 11:11 AM
CaliMike
Driver School Candidate

WingsWest Spindle grille SC front:
Imagine seeing this coming up behind you fast...ahhhhhhhhh!!!!
Old 11-10-16, 05:05 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Lightbulb

Yeah my very quick photochop is not perfect by any means, I just wanted to see what sort of "potential" it had as an idea. Also, it's better than what's been tried thus far (ie: Nothing); Anyone care to one-up my 5 minute try?

Yeah definitely MDSC, some of the squarish angles of this OE bumper I basically cut and pasted would need to be modded to fit the SC shape. My Photochops were just made to show what the grille might look like- Someone else can design an actual kit or spend more time warping and shading it. Feel free to mod any of these quick chops that I do w/different bodywork or paint, wheels, etc.

Here's another quick one I just stitched together:

How about a new factory IS350 F-Sport rear? Needs '97 skirts... Quick Photoshopped idea:

Here you go, I took a few minutes to do a quick Photo-chop. This is the new Lexus IS factory bumper grafted onto a Ducks Garden Grif-One front bumper. (I personally like how the lowbeam areas are partially covered on the Grif-One bumper and wrap around towards the side skirt w/this kit- and it's satisfying to demolish the ****ty Aston Martin front grill in the process!! Ha) Then I added some nice Volk TE-37's w/lippage

Also, keep in mind there's no telling how big the IS grille really is in comparison to the SC without physically trying to fit the parts.
A Photochop-job can be very misleading, I highly doubt it would turn out anywhere close to the above chop... But who knows- Just humoring the thread topic to see how it looked.
Spent a little more time on this one. I like the LS bumper lights, also definitely without the mesh is best. Still pretty "busy":

It's interesting now in 2016 that finally there are a few cars who have tried out this idea "in reality", I haven't been on Club Lexus much since parting out [Project: Galactus] obviously..
The first ever spindle grille visualization of this idea was done on Feb. 8, 2013 in this thread though, so I wanted to bring it back from the dead and re-upload the pics, for historical purposes.

A couple months ago I saw a picture of Tret's "soft release" of his 'real' version of the front bumper. Decided to make some photochops based on that photo, which I (and in my opinion only) streamline a few small things such as the hood-line, swoosh DRL delete, Fog lights delete, sideskirts smoothed, F-Sport emblems, window sticker delete, different wheels, and OGS clear lighting. These pictures are of course just a personal opinion of what might be closer to something Lexus might actually put out. I'm glad some are choosing to take the plunge. These are meant to simply be inspiration for others to extrapolate on as they see fit.

Just ideas. Possibilities. Enjoy!

The wheels are OEM Lexus LFA wheels w/Carbon BBK, and then a VIP-Style setup- Weds Vishunu 20's:

By the way, I'd like to see someone fit an SC with this new Tamon Designs Supra MKIV bumper which is slightly reminiscent of the spindle shape..
Would definitely have to make some custom sideskirts/widebody to match:

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 11-11-16 at 10:48 AM.
Old 11-11-16, 05:01 AM
Chattanoah
Rookie

Ask the guy who actually did it! He goes by mikkel.jpeg on Instagram.
Old 11-11-16, 10:42 AM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Chattanoah
Ask the guy who actually did it! He goes by mikkel.jpeg on Instagram.
It's interesting now in 2016 that finally there are a few cars who have tried out this idea "in reality", I haven't been on Club Lexus much the past couple years since parting out [Project: Galactus] obviously..
The first ever spindle grille visualization of this idea was done on Feb. 8, 2013 in this thread though, so I wanted to bring it back from the dead and re-upload the pics, for historical purposes.

A couple months ago I saw a picture of Tret's "soft release" of his 'real' version of the front bumper. Decided to make some photochops based on that photo, which I (and in my opinion only) streamline a few small things such as the hood-line, swoosh DRL delete, Fog lights delete, sideskirts smoothed, F-Sport emblems, window sticker delete, different wheels, and OGS clear lighting. These pictures are of course just a personal opinion of what might be closer to something Lexus might actually put out. I'm glad some are choosing to take the plunge. These are meant to simply be inspiration for others

Yes, this is the original image above, which I modified in Photoshop, as mentioned previously.
Ask him what? No one was questioning anything. They could probably ask him things on CL as well, I'd imagine.

Below is another rendition by another person. It's nice seeing different versions, so as to be able to gather further inspirations towards making the SC look nice (The ultimate goal here.) Ideas lead to the furthering of even newer ideas.

'We' individuals didn't create the Lexus spindle grille, nor the Lexus bumper designs. Lexus gets the credit. Good job to Tret for grafting it to an SC in a matter that keeps proper proportions overall in his version. The key is to let go of ego and put your ideas out there on how to accomplish the mission; not get it all twisted. Keep moving foreward-- this is only the beginning. I hope more people take these ideas and run with them.

..and the below SC appears to be the newest rendition of a spindle grille Lexus bumper being grafted to an SC. Nice seeing such diversity.
(*Ask the guy who actually did it!) Actually I don't recall these two guys names, so maybe they will chime in and put up more pics.

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 11-13-16 at 02:19 AM.
Old 11-11-16, 11:51 AM
Teal Sc400
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

First excellent job on photoshopping the grills. IMO these are the 2 grills most compatible, with the Sc front bumper. I especially love the grill/color of image 2.

Spent a little more time on this one. I like the LS bumper lights, also definitely without the mesh is best. Still pretty "busy":

Old 11-12-16, 01:15 AM
Tempock
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's interesting now in 2016 that finally there are a few cars who have tried out this idea "in reality", I haven't been on Club Lexus much since parting out [Project: Galactus] obviously..

A couple months ago I saw a picture of Tret's "soft release" of his 'real' version of the front bumper. Decided to make some photochops based on that photo, which I (and in my opinion only) streamline a few small things such as the hood-line, swoosh DRL delete, Fog lights delete, sideskirts smoothed, F-Sport emblems, window sticker delete, different wheels, and OGS clear lighting. These pictures are of course just a personal opinion of what might be closer to something Lexus might actually put out. I'm glad some are choosing to take the plunge. These are meant to simply be inspiration for others to extrapolate on as they see fit.

Just ideas. Possibilities. Enjoy!

The wheels are OEM Lexus LFA wheels w/Carbon BBK, and then a VIP-Style setup- Weds Vishunu 20's:

By the way, I'd like to see someone fit an SC with this new Tamon Designs Supra MKIV bumper which is slightly reminiscent of the spindle shape..
Would definitely have to make some custom sideskirts/widebody to match:

WOW, that looks stunning.

Quick Reply: What would it take to get a spindle grille on the sc400?