SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-12, 03:03 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)

Hey guys,

really happy to get these , they just came in this week, thanks to MC3 Wheels

They are 20 x 6 , ive got two of them.

My current wheel set up is 20 x 9.5 in front and 20 x 10.5 in the rear, I will be moving my 10.5's to the front and re lipping the 9.5's with these and moving them to the rear.

if my calculations are correct these lips will turn the 9.5's to 13's.

I know nothing about tire sizing and fitting so my question is what size tire should I be running in the back?

I would like to minimize the amount of fender mods that I will have to do as much as possible , so I would like a pretty agressive stretch and im wondering if I should go with /30's instead of /35's.

Also I am planning on doing the re-lipping myself, Ive done the research and seen the vid's but has anyone here done it themself?

Thanks in advance
Attached Thumbnails Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-4.png   Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-6.png   Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-5.png   Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-wheel1.png   Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)-wheel2.png  

Old 11-30-12, 08:46 AM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the fact they are 20's makes this even crazier. these are HUGE wheels for the sc. i imagine youll have to roll and pull your fenders, and relocate the wiring harness, and get rid of all your splash guards, if you havent already done that.
Old 11-30-12, 09:48 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you are going to have to hit the inside of your wheel well with a hammer. what are the offsets going to end up being
Old 11-30-12, 09:54 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i personally wouldnt go smaller than a 285/30, but it depends on the brand/type of tire. but there really isnt any sense in limiting what you want to do to your fenders. either way its going to have to be done and it isnt necessarily going to cost more to widen it more.

rebuilding a wheel, like anything, is easy/straight-forward if you have the proper tools.

good luck.
Old 11-30-12, 11:01 AM
xxtoobsxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you need camber, a plasma cutter n a welder...lol
Old 11-30-12, 11:24 AM
joeazy187
Pole Position

This sounds sick I can't wait to see them on the sc
Old 11-30-12, 11:59 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by levie
the fact they are 20's makes this even crazier. these are HUGE wheels for the sc. i imagine youll have to roll and pull your fenders, and relocate the wiring harness, and get rid of all your splash guards, if you havent already done that.
haha yea man they are going to be huge,,i want them to poke some and for now im riding at stock hieght so that will help,but definitely have to do some fender mods and once i get coils definitely im going to have to do all that wiring mess , not looking forward to it tbh.

Originally Posted by iridebmx
you are going to have to hit the inside of your wheel well with a hammer. what are the offsets going to end up being
I really have no idea about offsets man, as of right now they are +35 so im assuming putting this lip will lower that dramatically, right now my 10.5's sit flush so the wheels will be sticking out by 2.5 inches after the lip swap, which doesnt seem too bad to me but well see

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
i personally wouldnt go smaller than a 285/30, but it depends on the brand/type of tire. but there really isnt any sense in limiting what you want to do to your fenders. either way its going to have to be done and it isnt necessarily going to cost more to widen it more.

rebuilding a wheel, like anything, is easy/straight-forward if you have the proper tools.

good luck.
thanks man, ill look into the 285/30's, im hoping at that size ill get a decent stretch, and yea im just hoping to get away with a good solid roll and pull, I would like to avoid doing serious work like you did to yours before you went wide body,although it looked really good it's just alot of work and if not done perfectly will end up as a major disaster.

Originally Posted by xxtoobsxx
you need camber, a plasma cutter n a welder...lol
lol yea im not a huge fan of that major camber look but ive accepted the fact that I might have to mess with my camber at least a little bit, im feeling very good about this though

Originally Posted by joeazy187
This sounds sick I can't wait to see them on the sc
haha yea same here man,,,at first I was only going to replace my lips with the same size, 2.5 inch, but then i said wheres the fun in that,,,, this will turn out pretty cool im sure of it.
Old 11-30-12, 04:32 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow i want to see this when its all done
Old 11-30-12, 04:43 PM
KaiFD3S
Rookie

This will look crazy...love it...
Old 11-30-12, 05:08 PM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
thanks man, ill look into the 285/30's, im hoping at that size ill get a decent stretch, and yea im just hoping to get away with a good solid roll and pull, I would like to avoid doing serious work like you did to yours before you went wide body,although it looked really good it's just alot of work and if not done perfectly will end up as a major disaster.
you will need similar work and will have to pull it more. your wheels will be wider and have a lower offset than mine.
Old 11-30-12, 08:31 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

13s means ur barrels are 7 inches with a 2.5 inch lip yielding the front 9.5 wheels. Replacing the 2.5 lips with 6 inch lips would make it poke 3.5 inches more. U goin widebody?
Old 11-30-12, 09:40 PM
rcchris7
Lead Lap

This is one of those times you're going to have to build you car around your wheels.. I smell some serious fender work or widebody coming as soon as you try and fit these 20 x 12 was pulled off by a fellow member hopefully he chimes in
Old 11-30-12, 09:45 PM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Body shop time
Old 11-30-12, 09:45 PM
3L4jzz31
Pole Position

So crazy that I can't wait to see this when it's done!
Old 11-30-12, 11:32 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
you will need similar work and will have to pull it more. your wheels will be wider and have a lower offset than mine.
lol yea thats exactly what i was hoping to avoid , im hoping since i wont be nearly as low as your old set up I am hoping i can somehow make it happen,but i know man this is pretty agressive and I might have to accept the fact that theres no way around it. Thanks man

Originally Posted by jadu
13s means ur barrels are 7 inches with a 2.5 inch lip yielding the front 9.5 wheels. Replacing the 2.5 lips with 6 inch lips would make it poke 3.5 inches more. U goin widebody?
yes you are correct about my 9.5 inch specs but I was reffering to my current rears which are 10.5 , they sit flush as of right now so IF my calculations are correct the new rears should poke by about 2.5 inches, and since im not very low I am holding on to the hope that I can avoid widebody or extreme fender mods especially since I FINALLY got a 97+ kit, but if i had a choice i would try go with over fenders like JDM muscles set up, thanks.

Originally Posted by Joey-E
Wow i want to see this when its all done
Originally Posted by kaifd3s
This will look crazy...love it...
Originally Posted by 3L4jzz31
So crazy that I can't wait to see this when it's done!
haha thanks guys , yea winters here , snowed today so wheels are coming off ASAP, ill swap the lips and then fit them back on the car and post pics, im looking forward to it as well

Originally Posted by rcchris7
This is one of those times you're going to have to build you car around your wheels.. I smell some serious fender work or widebody coming as soon as you try and fit these 20 x 12 was pulled off by a fellow member hopefully he chimes in
yes definitely man, I just jumped into this heads first and now its up to me to make it happen, there are some guys here that are running 12's in the rear with only a roll and pull, although they are on 18's not on 20's so that might make a big difference, my goal here would be to keep the stock look as much as possible

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
Body shop time
haha i hope not man but yea its gonna be hard, lets see if I cant pull this off without them

Quick Reply: Just got these in the mail:) 13 inch wide wheels, need advice, thanks:)