ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Water getting in behind my ecu (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/664646-water-getting-in-behind-my-ecu.html)

rcchris7 11-13-12 12:02 PM

Water getting in behind my ecu

Was tacking my seat rails yesterday started to rain do I left to go out for dinner came back and had water all over the passenger floor. it is coming in from behind the rubber mat that runs from the fire wall to underneath the ecu and abs I stripped the interior and cut out the mat but can't find the leak :mad: Not going to move any further until this is fixed and help is appreciated I have already fixed my sunroof hoses so it's not coming from there

Ali SC3 11-13-12 12:06 PM

check window rubber seal

rcchris7 11-13-12 12:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the outside window trim has been replaced and is good, the inside I havent replaced but it looks good.. all the rubber around the door is good here is a picture of where it is coming from

Attachment 263260

1JZPWRD 11-13-12 12:30 PM

Is the wiring harness completely tight in the engine bay, and the rubber seal on the underside still there? i think there is still some difference between the engine bay and the actual fire wall, like 4 inches, but it is worth the shot to check. Are they any rubber grommets missing or cracked? Windshield seal maybe allowing water to get by or drain tube for the sunroof may be clogged. There is only so many places it can be coming from..

rcchris7 11-13-12 12:59 PM

I just got back in from removing the windshield wipers and the trim underneath ( the 4 inches between bay and firewall) to see whats happening in there.. just drains into the fenders. So fenders came off I can see two plugs in the area of the leak and they appear good I'm just inside warming up it's chilly up here today. I will take the out and see are there any other ones on the pass side other then these picture below (this is inside the pass fender) I can see any going in from the engine bay on the passenger side. Thanks for the help guys I was hoping to be putting the interior back in finally this week before the snow :cry:

Sorry CL photo uploader isn't working for me will upload it to kijiji and link

rcchris7 11-13-12 01:00 PM

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTYxWDEwMD...rs!~~48_20.JPG

1JZPWRD 11-13-12 01:12 PM

I thought of this also. I forgot about it before I submitted the thread. I have used the Flex Seal on scene on TV and it works great. Just clean the surface as best as you can and spray, let sit and dry. Life is good, no leaks whatsoever.

rcchris7 11-13-12 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD (Post 7596871)
I thought of this also. I forgot about it before I submitted the thread. I have used the Flex Seal on scene on TV and it works great. Just clean the surface as best as you can and spray, let sit and dry. Life is good, no leaks whatsoever.

That would be an idea as well! i'm trying to get at the source to stop it but there are so many wire blocks and crap down there :mad: keeping at it though I need to fix this today

rcchris7 11-13-12 01:39 PM

I can only see the water getting in through the plug with the down arrow pointed at it. I have removed it and it is near the source of the leak without removing my dash I can't tell so I am using gasket sealer on it and checking it next rainfall! got my fingers crossed

1JZPWRD 11-13-12 04:54 PM

I would degrease everything in the fender well, and go buy the Flex Seal in a can and go at it. Let it dry, and call it the day.

rcchris7 11-13-12 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1JZPWRD (Post 7597273)
I would degrease everything in the fender well, and go buy the Flex Seal in a can and go at it. Let it dry, and call it the day.

Looking into it now. Can't get it canada unless I order it online :mad: We might have good beer but no flex seal!! While I have the fenders off I figured to put something in since we get some harsh weather here. Maybe rocker guard the inside since its a similar rubber spray I may even have some rhino liner from when I did my dads truck for him still

jwin 11-13-12 05:46 PM

Could be from your air condenser box inside your car leaking.

rcchris7 11-13-12 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by jwin (Post 7597358)
Could be from your air condenser box inside your car leaking.

Haven't had the a/c on in almost two years