sc300bigtx
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 sc300 headlights not turning on

alright so a quick rundown

car was down for few months getting some upgrades
just got it up and running less then a week ago
now prior to being down i had no issues with the headlights working

now was wanting to go for a drive when it was cooler the other night and had no headlights .....

now i pulled and visually checked every fuse in the engine compartment and in the driver kick panel and also checked continuity on everyone and all checked out ok

pulled the one relay in the engine compartment that was labeled "head" via the fuse box cover and check continuity between all 4 tabs and only had continuity between two smaller tabs ( im assuming that was the coil side) so im thinking that relay is ok

now even though my headlights wont turn on along with my parking lights and my high beams
if i go and pull back on the light stalk and hold it the high beams will work but the dont when i move the stalk into its normal position

all the bulbs looked ok as well

i found another similiar thread but never had a positive resolution to the issue it seemed
im hoping by now some others have had this issue and can chime in as id really love to be able to drive my car at night and not when its damn near 100 degrees outside
Old 10-02-15, 07:43 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

have you relocated the wheel well harness? are all the wires in it ok. just as a sanity check are the lights plugged in lol. are you running HIDs or stock bulbs? if HIDs, the ballasts could be bad.
Old 10-02-15, 05:53 PM
sc300bigtx
Driver

I pulled the wheel well and popped open the fender harness cover and all was ok
I also pulled every relay in the kick panel (don't have a cover there to tell me what's what) and the one in the engine compartment and gave them 12v and ground and all are clicking so all relays are good

Car is in stock headlight setup no HID's

I did take out the integration relay took it apart but nothing looked burnt and all the solder points looked good ?...

oddly enough my door chime and door ajar thing do not work which I think that integration relay controls
Old 10-05-15, 03:50 PM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

this just sounds really weird, did you test if you're getting 12v at the headlight plugs? it hink your only option now is to trace the wiring and see where your 12v begins, your lights aren't getting power obviously but who knows why. i wonder if you can plug them in wrong, i doubt it though, especially since you have regular bulbs which the direction doesn't matter.
Old 10-07-15, 11:29 AM
LEXOWINO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sc300bigtx
I pulled the wheel well and popped open the fender harness cover and all was ok
I also pulled every relay in the kick panel (don't have a cover there to tell me what's what) and the one in the engine compartment and gave them 12v and ground and all are clicking so all relays are good

Car is in stock headlight setup no HID's

I did take out the integration relay took it apart but nothing looked burnt and all the solder points looked good ?...

oddly enough my door chime and door ajar thing do not work which I think that integration relay controls
I just had to get my headlights fixed again! same issue.

the integration relay box is 350 I think. brand new. I would either get HID ballast and have it "rigged up" or get the relay box. eventually the relay box will just give out.
I have to purchase an HID kit for this reason.
Old 10-16-21, 01:46 PM
SidewaySC
Driver School Candidate

Default I am having the same exact problem

I am having the same exact problem right now. Did you ever find out how to fix this problem?

Originally Posted by sc300bigtx
alright so a quick rundown

car was down for few months getting some upgrades
just got it up and running less then a week ago
now prior to being down i had no issues with the headlights working

now was wanting to go for a drive when it was cooler the other night and had no headlights .....

now i pulled and visually checked every fuse in the engine compartment and in the driver kick panel and also checked continuity on everyone and all checked out ok

pulled the one relay in the engine compartment that was labeled "head" via the fuse box cover and check continuity between all 4 tabs and only had continuity between two smaller tabs ( im assuming that was the coil side) so im thinking that relay is ok

now even though my headlights wont turn on along with my parking lights and my high beams
if i go and pull back on the light stalk and hold it the high beams will work but the dont when i move the stalk into its normal position

all the bulbs looked ok as well

i found another similiar thread but never had a positive resolution to the issue it seemed
im hoping by now some others have had this issue and can chime in as id really love to be able to drive my car at night and not when its damn near 100 degrees outside