SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-12, 10:05 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)

Hey guys!

Just got home from picking up some OBX ITBs!!

The guy just posted them up for sale in my local forums. He was going to use them in a rally car. He was planning on firing up the engine for the first time this weekend but plans changed. The league he rally's in changed their rules and he's no longer allowed to use a v8! He was really pissed off and had to sell his whole setup. He had a really nice complete r154 swap too... but I didn't pick that up for other reasons more on that later! His car was a Toyota TE27 with full cage... was pretty sick.

So the headers are still brand new and already mounted. He already did some modifications to make everything fit. He even gave me extra fuel rails. Another awesome part is that he gave me the entire wiring harness to connect a megasquirt! I was actually planning on going stand alone so now that I have all the wiring pre-done it will save a lot of time.

All of this for $1000. Actually $994 because the bank machine wouldn't let me take out the last $20 because I took out my limit for that day. So I had to pay him with $980 and loonies and toonies

Pics

Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-wsijq.jpg
Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-wrglq.jpg
Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-swuha.jpg
Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-0ijij.jpg
Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-zukqh.jpg
Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-vvflr.jpg
Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-sceqx.jpg
Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-t7vdc.jpg

So now I have to pick up a megasquirt. The best part about this is that my tuner helped wire up the megasquirt for the TE27 rally car... and his friend is the other tuner that was building this car. So basically I can work with both of the original tuners to get these on my car as simply as possible. I'm not missing that much to complete this (or so I hope).

I guess I'll have get an airbox for these. Considering that this is going to be on a daily driver during the summer. I really like the setup that the guy made for the 9300rpm 1UZ Supra with ITBs.

My goals are to start conservative and get this thing running. Probably pick up some Lextreme Cams because they are the cheapest option. Eventually get some headers. I also plan to do a direct nitrous injection tapped into each ITB. I already have a full nitrous system installed on my car that works great. I'm using nano nitrous so it's always ready to shoot at a constant psi (I'll post a write-up on this later).

The reason why I didn't pick up the R154 is because I'm going built auto with the a340e (or is it A341e in our cars?). Currently I'm getting a transgo shift kit installed which should be in by today or tomorrow. I'm putting an edge racing torque converter. I also just ordered a Suprastick auto ecu controller and a 2006 IS250 steering wheel with paddle shifters!!!!!

Hopefully this should be a fun setup!! It's kind of budget in a way too. I doubt I'll get the ITBs installed before winter rolls around due to lack of funds after ordering all these parts. But come Spring everything will be installed... and by end of next summer everything should be in like the cams...

Wish me luck! Wouldn't have been able to do any of this without all of the knowledge on the forums.

Edit: Ended up selling this to a guy with a 1uz swapped mk2 supra. The reason I sold them is because my car is a daily driver and I didn't want a complicated setup.

Last edited by Clean400; 04-24-13 at 12:41 AM.
Old 10-11-12, 10:09 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

that is gonna roar. subscribed
Old 10-11-12, 10:47 PM
Harbinger
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful! Can't wait until this spring when we get to hear how amazing it sounds. Hate you so much right now. lol
Old 10-11-12, 11:05 PM
1uzSC
Driver School Candidate

Better watch your back 5-0 might get you for robbery.
Old 10-11-12, 11:14 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

I can't sleep right now! Lol just keep looking over my shoulder at these beauty's sitting right next to me. ITB's were somewhat of a pipe dream.... I only started checking my local forums for sale section recently and this gem popped up. The guy had tundra headers for sale too but I knew those wouldn't fit.
Old 10-12-12, 03:17 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sheeeeessssssshhh talk about a build this will scream
Old 10-12-12, 04:12 AM
A32Boost
Rookie

beautiful pick up
Old 10-12-12, 07:34 AM
Midengtoy
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow! Good deal! I can't wait to see this thing running and how much increase in power you get from this mod.
Old 10-12-12, 08:40 PM
Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool
Old 10-13-12, 03:33 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

I just made a list of things I need to pick up.

Lextreme 266 (exhaust cams only)
Lextreme Valve Springs (exhaust only)
Lextreme Overzize Valves (exhaust only)
Headers
Top Speed Exhaust
Megasquirt

& get Heads Ported.

I'm only going to be changing the exhaust cam after a lot of reading I've been doing.

http://v8soarer.com/cam_review/index.shtml

This guy had a lot of information on an ITB build. When he did inlet & exhaust cams he did gain more power but lost a lot of torque. He was running 265/265 inlet and exhaust cams. When he switched to 265 exhaust only cams he made the same powerband as stock but the power kept going to 7000rpm.

In the end I plan to rev to 7000rpm like this setup. The stock exhaust inlet/exhaust setup is 250/250. So I will end up with 250/266. I don't understand enough about cams but I don't think I can go 250/276 (that's the next cam duration available from lextreme). I think the gap would be too wide. Or I could go 266/276 inlet/exhaust, I would greatly appreciate any knowledge and suggestions. The reason I want a dual pattern cam setup is to maintain torque and gain more top end. Plus the stock heads don't flow well on the 1uz.

What a learning experience this all is!
Old 10-13-12, 05:11 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes it is. You should this new setup. Post picures of your car man. Lets take a peek at it. Anyway good luck with your build and I will check back often. Keep us posted on the progress.
Old 10-13-12, 08:19 AM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Those itbs are sick, is everything in working condition?
How much power increase should u expect from this setup?
Old 10-13-12, 10:51 AM
Zinik
Rookie

in for the vid
Old 10-13-12, 01:10 PM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus
Yes it is. You should this new setup. Post picures of your car man. Lets take a peek at it. Anyway good luck with your build and I will check back often. Keep us posted on the progress.
No problem. My car is currently at my tuner's getting the transgo kit installed. Probably get it back sometime next week. Here are some old pics of when I was getting the nitrous installed.

Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-1goww.jpg

The nitrous tank was emptied to fit some things. We didn't realize how much nitrous left in the tank (I bought the tank used)... this lasted 5 minutes... was pretty crazy!! lol

The aftermath of my tank... frozen. Had to wait a bit before he fiddled with anything. Didn't want to break something after it was frozen.

Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)-nyiss.jpg

Originally Posted by LEXXIUM
Those itbs are sick, is everything in working condition?
How much power increase should u expect from this setup?
Yeah they are brand new technically. I'm currently just got going to slap them on my car with an airbox and use the stock maf. This should be the simplest way to get these on. I was considering going MAP and ditching the stock intake & MAF all together but it would create a lot more headaches installing.

With the BFI & stock Maf with an airbox around the ITBs should be the simplest install. I'm kind of tight on cash so all of the other supporting mods for this will come later.

By just installing ITBs I won't gain that much in terms of power. I'll probably pick-up some good mid-range power. Considering my car is running the stock ecu just by switching to a standalone I'll gain some power there. With the ITBs a little bit more.

Mostly I'll gain throttle response and a sick sound. I think the ITBs could gain an additional 20whp in some areas of the powerband over the the stock intake manifold. But this is just a guess.

I'll be happy to hit 240whp the stand alone ecu and ITBs, with headers hopefully 250 whp. This is all just guesswork. If I had VVTI the benefits would be even better.

250whp over the stock 190whp (I'm guessing) would be a good gain for N/A and that's not changing any internals or cams on the engine. Add to this a direct port nitrous setup with a 150 shot (or possibly more) it should be pretty fun.

This is all just speculation.

I also just contacted this shop

http://www.jacsport.com/

They made this car

I sent them an e-mail about them making me an identical airbox to the one in the video. Hopefully I get a response. If the OBX ITBs can fit inside that plenum it would be pretty sick. And later down the road I could get a Lextreme supercharger kit and slap on a vortech to pump boost into the plenum. Nitrous + Vortech would be a sick combo. But all just pipe dreams. I'll start with getting an airbox first!

Update:

I got a response back form Jacsport. They basically said that job they did was a one-off. They would never do a supercharger job that complex again. Sick job they did though.

So I guess I can build my own airbox or get an ITG filter like this one:

http://www.itgfilters.net/ITG-Filter...15JC100-65.htm

Maybe run a NACA duct in the hood to feed the ITG filter. I'm just worried if I go mafless I'm going to have a ton of problems with weather changes.

Just saw this thread... Bartledoo is running mafless with a megasquirt with good results!

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...n-92-94-a.html

Last edited by Clean400; 10-14-12 at 02:27 PM. Reason: update
Old 10-15-12, 10:12 AM
SCary400
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the ideas, but it just seems wrong to have the increased response of ITBs hampered by an automatic trans.

Quick Reply: Thought I'd show off my ITB's I just bought! (PICS)