SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Another BBK Spare tire option!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-12, 08:25 PM
252kmiles
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

spare wheel looks baller =) what are the tire size on those?
Old 07-18-12, 07:50 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

not sure why my post was removed but anyways the idea is to find wheels that dont need a spacer. with this logic every5x114.3 wheel is 'another option' since u got to use a spacer anyways.

and like I said earlier, the BBK is more trouble then it is worth, people mostly get it for show anyways.

Hey look at me, over here, Ive got a BBK
Old 07-18-12, 08:48 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
not sure why my post was removed but anyways the idea is to find wheels that dont need a spacer. with this logic every5x114.3 wheel is 'another option' since u got to use a spacer anyways.

and like I said earlier, the BBK is more trouble then it is worth, people mostly get it for show anyways.

Hey look at me, over here, Ive got a BBK
It was removed because you are not bringing nothing new to the table ,all you do is talk trash.

Really ? BBK is more trouble than it's worth? who are the most people that have them for show? i don't know where you got that from but it's false.
You are just assuming that most people just get them for show, it you don't know why don't you ask ?

And if you look around here you will see why stock brakes sucks, and i am sure the OP and the 98% of the member on here don't get BBK for show.

why do we start a thread to actually see how many people gets BBK for show like you said?
Old 07-18-12, 08:51 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Quicksc4
OP and the 98% of the member on here don't get BBK for show.
Yea deff not for show when ur pushing 848hp to the wheels
Old 07-18-12, 09:16 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the BBK is more trouble then it is worth,
lol you can't be serious
Old 07-18-12, 12:53 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah Jerome I've been waiting for Rudy to get me one of those spares. I believe the Z06 calipers won"t need the spacers only because it's a slightly narrower caliper then the Brembo's . Nice find .

BBK do make a difference when a car is pushing anything over 500 to the wheels. I have ran the LS setup. And their awesome for what they are, OE upgrades. But at the end of the day , the combination of more clamping power plus rotor mass equals . A much shorter stopping distances
Old 07-18-12, 01:56 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Yeah its not even HP, its just stopping from high speeds more than once in a row, the stock brakes hardly stop the car the second go around. They get heated up pretty bad from just driving on the highway, and you maybe can squeeze one good stop out of them, but do it twice in a short amount of time and you may find yourself moving to the shoulder to avoid a wreck. LS and supra brakes are good upgrades, and bbk's are even better.
Old 07-18-12, 02:21 PM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

For sure speed is a given. I only mentioned HP because the more a car has of it . The faster that cars can get to the upper stratosphere of their speedometer.. BBK can get us back to legal speeds much quicker..
Old 07-18-12, 02:26 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

for hgh horsepower cars i am sure the BBK is necessary but most arent pushing huge numbers like that, myself included.

How many people here are not able to buy the wheels they like because they decided to follow the next guy and get the bbk. Check out the wheel section, half the posts r 'will these clear BBK?, damn too bad" or
'love them, if only they cleared'

now they have to buy spacers and maybe fender mods etc..... im sure they are great and strong but for the stock power guys like me I dont think they are necessary

Not trash talking, just saying

AliSC i do agree the stock brakes ar not anything to brag about, my honda and its tiny calipers and drums have better bite then my sc's

Last edited by 1WILLY1; 07-18-12 at 02:32 PM.
Old 07-18-12, 03:41 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by //LRD
For sure speed is a given. I only mentioned HP because the more a car has of it . The faster that cars can get to the upper stratosphere of their speedometer.. BBK can get us back to legal speeds much quicker..
Lol I will admit it was only after I went turbo did I really decide the stock brakes are dangerous but i only have ls brakes on mine. Im sure if I was at much higher power levels getting to speed that much faster it would necessitate better brakes along with some good tires.

for hgh horsepower cars i am sure the BBK is necessary but most arent pushing huge numbers like that, myself included.

How many people here are not able to buy the wheels they like because they decided to follow the next guy and get the bbk. Check out the wheel section, half the posts r 'will these clear BBK?, damn too bad" or
'love them, if only they cleared'

now they have to buy spacers and maybe fender mods etc..... im sure they are great and strong but for the stock power guys like me I dont think they are necessary

Not trash talking, just saying

AliSC i do agree the stock brakes ar not anything to brag about, my honda and its tiny calipers and drums have better bite then my sc's
yeah for stock power guys or even at my power level what you are saying is true you don't need it, ls or supra brakes will do just fine but there seems to be alot more higher HP SC's and IS's being built everyday on these forums, and I think a good amount of them are concerned more with breaking power than wheel selection.

we entertain all kinds of topics on this forum, and I think this is a large concern for people that do need big brakes. In fact, up till just now I didn't remember I completely forgot to get a new spare, my stock 16" spare in the trunk wont even clear ls brakes, thanks for the reminder guys.
that would have been classic, me on the roadside staring at my brakes.
Old 07-18-12, 04:03 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Old 10-31-13, 10:36 AM
Aurora45
Driver School Candidate

OP, what is the part# fort the 19" Hyundai spare?
Old 10-31-13, 10:38 AM
Aurora45
Driver School Candidate

Also, what size rotor are those? I have 15" rotor and I know 18" spare will not clears it.
Old 10-31-13, 11:09 AM
RicoLSX
Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
Yeah Jerome I've been waiting for Rudy to get me one of those spares. I believe the Z06 calipers won"t need the spacers only because it's a slightly narrower caliper then the Brembo's . Nice find .

BBK do make a difference when a car is pushing anything over 500 to the wheels. I have ran the LS setup. And their awesome for what they are, OE upgrades. But at the end of the day , the combination of more clamping power plus rotor mass equals . A much shorter stopping distances
Z06 calipers?! Wait a second, if I can use C6Z calipers I will definitely use those over the TT calipers.

Anyone have any more info on this? I will have to start googling....

EDIT: I just saw the other threads and PM'd LRD. I'm really hoping the brackets are still around so I can get this swap done ASAP as I'm suddenly extremely motivated to get it done, LOL.

Last edited by RicoLSX; 10-31-13 at 11:21 AM.
Old 10-31-13, 09:27 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Glad this thread got started. Had not considered some of the things being brought up.

Going with 19 inch wheels soon with later plans to upgrade the brakes to LS400 fronts. Had not considered that the "spare" would have to be able to fit around the LS400 calipers, too.

But, the plan is for staggered fit so it just may be a flat will equal a flatbed tow to the nearest tire/wheel repair shop anyway....