ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Do Lexus dealers replace your remote battery for free (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/637780-do-lexus-dealers-replace-your-remote-battery-for-free.html)

boostinsc 05-31-12 10:14 AM

Do Lexus dealers replace your remote battery for free

I just got off the phone with Lexus of rockville centre and they said its 15 for the battery I thought they are suppose to replace it for free out of courtesy. I read somewhere online they are suppose to do that.any input? how do I change the battery myself could someone let me know

One HoT 05-31-12 10:24 AM

The battery is a simple flat type battery you could buy at any drug, convenience, or hardware store...Its only a few dollars! Don't buy at the stealership. However, my SC is a 95 so you key maybe different.

horent135 05-31-12 10:33 AM

They paid for parts if you lose your key, only pay for labor, that the only free thing I know

Low00SC 05-31-12 12:37 PM

cheap stuff you can get at advanced auto parts just go in and ask and they will most likely do it for you

Blkexcoupe 05-31-12 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by boostinsc (Post 7267550)
I just got off the phone with Lexus of rockville centre and they said its 15 for the battery I thought they are suppose to replace it for free out of courtesy. I read somewhere online they are suppose to do that.any input? how do I change the battery myself could someone let me know

They are not required to change the battery for free, but most service advisers will change the battery for free if they notice it needs to be changed when you bring your car in for service (from my experience).

Changing the battery on the 98-00 3 button key is really easy.

-Remove 1 screw on the back of the key to open the cover
-Remove 2 screws to access the battery
-Swap battery
-Put everything back together

durps 06-01-12 10:42 AM

Go to CVS, got my battery for 4 bucks.

jayclapp 06-01-12 08:35 PM

Depends on what kind of Lexus dealer you have. My Lexus dealer will install the key battery for free. I own two Lexus if that makes a difference and they do all the service on both.

Regardless, you can purchase a battery for less than $4.00 at Target or elsewhere and install it yourself.

adtjr124 06-01-12 11:10 PM

how do you guys find the battery? ive been lookin for it everytime i go to cvs,ralphs,wallgreens, target, walmart, harbor frieght, home depot,they dont seem to have it and when i ask someone they say they dont have it. i knew i shoulda kept those spare batteries on my old sc300 but i left them with the car cuz i didnt expect to get a sc400 but im probly just gonna get a aftermarket alarm cuz one of my trips to walmart the workers was no help so i took it apart my key at walmart and test fit all the batteries(ya i freakin opened the batteries and used a screwdriverthat walmart supplied but i put them back cuz thats jus how i roll) but with my dumass luck the ****in button flew off with spring somewhere in the store but thatswhat i get for being an idiot ne ways ive been asking for the battery number 1216 is that right?