SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Marcos SC400 weekend warrior

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-12, 09:22 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So yea. Haven't done **** to the car. Mainly because I got accepted into Formula Drift as a volunteer. I've been trackside with all the cars and drivers all day. Absolutely amazing experience. Met some really cool drivers and teams. One of them being Robbie Nishida who drives the 850hp sc300 for Achilles tire and bridges racing. Most down to earth guy I've met all day. We had a decent conversation about this build I'm doing and how he wants to get a 1uz missile car started soon.

Anyways. My office for the day

Nishidas car that I analyzed up and down. So sick

Tomorrow is going to be right back at it for finals and then back home to start finishing up my car. Woohoo!

Last edited by marcojdm; 06-06-12 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-06-12, 06:42 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

So I got my driveshaft made!

So everyone knows it IS possible to make a custom one piece driveshaft while still using the oem 3 bolt rear yoke.

So what they did is took my front Nissan yoke and changed it to a ujoint style and ran the shaft to my rear Lexus yoke. Since the Lexus yoke is pressed the guy had to cut it a certain way and machine it a certain way from what he told me. Here's some pics. The proof is in the pudding

My day off is this Friday so I plan to get just about everything else done. To run a hard line from the clutch master to slave looks like a pain in the *** so instead I'm going to get a stainless braided line made to save the headache.

Thanks for looking guys!

Last edited by marcojdm; 06-08-12 at 09:23 PM.
Old 06-08-12, 09:43 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Got a lot done today.

Headed out to the shop pretty early and got my driveshaft installed! So pumped

Bolted up

Now idk if this is too much yoke poking out or not but it should work

This length is about an inch to inch 1/4 but there is probably over 4 inches of yoke in the trans. From what I was told you wanted to have about 3/4 inch of yoke poking out. Idk if this is too much but I guess we'll see!

For those of you who wanted to see how close the Nissan transmission mount and the Lexus mount location are here's a few pics

My buddy Kyle cutting pieces to fab up my seat mount!

While he was busy with that I decided to take the ka slave cylinder and wrap it in some anti-heat material. I figured since it will have fluid in it and that it's going to be about 2 inches from my header I figured it is going to need as much help as it can get!

Nothing special but just a quick little add on that might help in the long run

Then I helped Kyle finish up this seat mount base and here's what we came up with

All that's left is to fab up the L brackets to bolt to the sides of the seat

General idea

And for the record no I am not short. I'm 5'11. These doors are just super long so the seat looks really far forward and the seat is still going to be pushed back prob another inch or two.

That's it for now! Looking to go back out there this Sunday and finish up the seat mount, transmission mount, and the block off plates for the emissions line

Thanks guys and gals!
Old 06-09-12, 05:27 AM
food7373
Pole Position

Looks great! I'm enjoying the progress!
Old 06-09-12, 05:31 AM
LameSC300
Pole Position

Yessss I love this build awesome progress man!
Old 06-09-12, 07:49 AM
Banikid
Lead Lap

First time seeing this thread and all I gotta say is Awesome.
Old 06-09-12, 02:56 PM
VileFCboy
Rookie

that driveshaft is nice
Just a bit more steps into getting that KA working

oh and congratulations on getting a job in Formula D.
Old 06-11-12, 09:10 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Nothing too crazy but we're getting our fabrication stuff setup and comfy at the shop.
I've never tried doing fab stuf on my own. So my buddy/shop owner Kyle is walking me thru most of it

Made a block off plate for the intake manifold where the emissions pipe used to connect. Wasn't too hard. Just traced the metal gasket and cut it out and drille two bolt holes. Gonna paint it once I get out there again to prevent rust

Then we finished the seat base frame we started last week. Drille all the holes and finished the welds where it was tacked on before. Next trip we're going to make the adjustable brackets that actually bolt to the seat once we get my seating position dialed in

Again nothing crazy but it's one of those steps you want to do right the first time so you never think about it again

That's it for now. I'm working till Friday so we should be able to get the trans mount ( which is literally looking to be just a straight bar across) done and start working on the cat deletes!

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-19-12, 08:38 AM
marcojdm
Rookie

Finally had a day off yesterday. We're gettin pretty comfortable with our welder and our very simplified fab stuff. Lol

So we were able to make our custom seat mount. We made it to fit my exact driving position and I gotta say it is dead on!

Taking the measurements for my height on the seat brackets

Got it welded up

And then decided to paint it

And it finally installed! Super happy with it.

While Kyle was welding up the seat mount I was staying busy getting the transmission mount set up. Measuring and drilling the bolt holes. This is what we came up with. Could this be the easiest custom transmission mount ever?

I got it all mocked up and we're gonna get it welded up and painted and then all that's left is making the cat deletes and running a clutch line and she should move!

Thanks for looking!
Old 06-19-12, 10:39 AM
poorsupra
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i am probably goin to do cat deletes after seeing this. did a 3rd cat/resonator delete a while back, now the cats are off due to my r154 swap its time to pull the trigger. are you going to get an exhaust made?
Old 06-19-12, 12:27 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

I'm deleting the cats by the header due to a clearance issue. We'll make it bolt up to the first half I the stock exhaust for now. I like the fact that you can't see the exhaust from the back of the car.
Old 06-20-12, 09:36 AM
iridebmx
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

is a full egr delete 100% necessary?
Old 06-20-12, 05:34 PM
marcojdm
Rookie

Originally Posted by iridebmx
is a full egr delete 100% necessary?
From what I've seen yes. There wasn't enough space to dent or modify the egr pipe to allow the plate to fit. But that pipe that runs from the header to the intake manifold is the only piece that needed to be taken off.

Pretty soon I'm goin to get block off plates made with a cnc. Stay tuned!
Old 06-21-12, 09:58 AM
scott101
Pole Position

awesome looking build. the nissan trans is a great idea
Old 06-21-12, 11:39 AM
Kris9884
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Wow this is game changing. I have been eyeing an SC but been avoiding the 400 since its auto. Now I can get whatever I want. How does the RE5RO5A trans hold up to power? I know the VQ blocks are only good for maybe 400 max.

Either way awesome build!

I forgot to ask, how did the interior pieces turn out after the black vinyl paint? Does it scratch easy?

Last edited by Kris9884; 06-21-12 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Marcos SC400 weekend warrior