ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Wipers won't turnoff...any suggestions? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/635968-wipers-wont-turnoff-any-suggestions.html)

MrCJ305 05-20-12 11:37 PM

Wipers won't turnoff...any suggestions?

Well I haven't driven my car in a week after a few storms we've been having down in Miami. Decided to drive it to McDonald's a few minutes ago and noticed my wipers were on. Checked to see if they were in the off position & they were. I then switched the speeds to check if the motor was bad which went well because all speeds worked. Any suggestions to why this might be happening? I am lowered on 19's could it be the harness? (I hope) The car runs perfect though it's just the wiper issue I'm having all of a sudden.

Cleanshots 05-21-12 02:56 AM

yes the harness, fix it, relocate it, unplug to relocate do not cut all the wires!

MrCJ305 05-21-12 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by Cleanshots (Post 7246076)
yes the harness, fix it, relocate it, unplug to relocate do not cut all the wires!

Thanks man I'm going to try it out

DoomLight 05-21-12 06:22 AM

if its not the wires. its probably the combo switch.

MrCJ305 05-21-12 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by DoomLight (Post 7246207)
if its not the wires. its probably the combo switch.

how do I replace it?

GamblerZ 05-21-12 09:27 AM

Since you are getting power to the wiper motor and you can adjust the speed, it leads me to believe that you have a faulty wiper control stalk. More than likely the interior lead is not reaching the OFF position to break the circuit.

DoomLight 05-21-12 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by GamblerZ (Post 7246556)
Since you are getting power to the wiper motor and you can adjust the speed, it leads me to believe that you have a faulty wiper control stalk. More than likely the interior lead is not reaching the OFF position to break the circuit.

hence the combo switch, u will have to remove the air bag, then steering wheel, then airbag/horn clock spring. next remove knee panel, metal panel below knee panel.

next unplug harness. its going to be in a batch of wires. with like 5 connectors. once u get that off. you will have the combo switch assembly out.

just get another one from the junkyard. it may be difficult to just change only the wiper stalk alone. so get the entire thing.

MrCJ305 05-21-12 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by DoomLight (Post 7247098)
hence the combo switch, u will have to remove the air bag, then steering wheel, then airbag/horn clock spring. next remove knee panel, metal panel below knee panel.

next unplug harness. its going to be in a batch of wires. with like 5 connectors. once u get that off. you will have the combo switch assembly out.

just get another one from the junkyard. it may be difficult to just change only the wiper stalk alone. so get the entire thing.

So I took the car out today to drive and it was doing the same thing but after awhile it stopped on it's own (weird) :uh:

GamblerZ 05-21-12 01:58 PM

It definitely sounds like a faulty switch connection.

MrCJ305 05-21-12 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by GamblerZ (Post 7247156)
It definitely sounds like a faulty switch connection.

I burned my harness out before from being lowered & had it rewired...could it have something to do with that? It didn't start until all of this rain started.

addisonblc 05-21-12 02:33 PM

i would say your harness. mine did the samething a while back. terrible storm pushed over baton rouge and i had to be out in it. about halfway through the drive my lights dimmed for a minute then went back to normal. i parked the car at the base and went about my business. that sunday when i tried to leave nothing worked.

replaced starter it cranked right up but the wippers wouldnt go off. relocated my harness havent had a peep out of it since.

MrCJ305 05-21-12 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by DoomLight (Post 7247098)

Hey are you in the Miami area...if so do you know how to relocate my harness?

MrCJ305 05-21-12 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by addisonblc (Post 7247241)
i would say your harness. mine did the samething a while back. terrible storm pushed over baton rouge and i had to be out in it. about halfway through the drive my lights dimmed for a minute then went back to normal. i parked the car at the base and went about my business. that sunday when i tried to leave nothing worked.

replaced starter it cranked right up but the wippers wouldnt go off. relocated my harness havent had a peep out of it since.

Yeh I'm thinking the same thing because I put the harness up higher towards the top of the fender along the frame of the car but Idk

DoomLight 05-21-12 04:37 PM

I am up in port saint lucie. Kinda far.

MrCJ305 05-21-12 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by DoomLight (Post 7247449)
I am up in port saint lucie. Kinda far.

Geesh :egads: