SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

HDY remove the center console armrest?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-12, 10:00 AM
Kalogerus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Devor
So should I take it apart or try prying it out? If I can feel no difference once they are bolted back i then idk what to do
Try to separate the arrowheads from the rest of the console without breaking them or the frame holding them. If i remember correct mine just did not want to come out when pulling the armrest out but came out when I pushed them out from the bottom of the console (after they broke)

In any case I wouldnt care much about the arrowheads as much as I would about the frame holding them down, it will take a little bit of patience and firm, but not hulk-like, pulling.

Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Old 04-07-12, 05:27 PM
davierogue
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Devor
So should I take it apart or try prying it out? If I can feel no difference once they are bolted back i then idk what to do
You risk breaking the main center console piece

There's really nothing we can say, only you can climb into your car and try removing it, just go on feel if you start feeling like it is going to snap **** up, then stop and start stripping the main console out instead
Old 04-10-12, 03:40 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

Going to take the console apart this weekend and get it out rather then prying it out. Thanks Guys love this place!
Old 06-25-15, 03:08 PM
Anagator89
2nd gear

Default Easier way!

Looked up this DIY today and saw all pain in the a** work needed to be done. Found an easier way around this so you don't have to take out everything unless you want to remove the whole arm rest compartment then don't pay any attention to this. If you are just replacing the arm rest, this is for you!

Worn, ugly looking arm rest I finally got tired of looking at.

Here you can see the little screws that need to be removed. Remove all 9 of them and that cover should come off very easily.

All 9 are off. You may have to push to top button to release it.

The unscrew these 4 screws.

Put it all back together the way you took it a part and BOOM! Good as new!

Now like I said before this is ONLY for the armrest piece not the complete set up.

Last edited by Anagator89; 06-25-15 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-05-17, 12:28 PM
Saurael
Driver School Candidate

I've been looking for an easy way thank you! Now to decide should i go cheapy and buy the ebay ones? Here we go!
Old 09-29-17, 07:01 AM
gcollins
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile 1999 lexus

tital surge flooded my sc400. this thread told me to look under the tiny rug in the center console box. Found 3 screws and now the rug is out and drying in the sun.

Recommendations for spraying the connectors under the seats? All 3 motors still function
Old 06-07-19, 11:16 AM
lrakestraw
Driver School Candidate

Default Bottom screws

Originally Posted by Anagator89
Looked up this DIY today and saw all pain in the a** work needed to be done. Found an easier way around this so you don't have to take out everything unless you want to remove the whole arm rest compartment then don't pay any attention to this. If you are just replacing the arm rest, this is for you!

Worn, ugly looking arm rest I finally got tired of looking at.

Here you can see the little screws that need to be removed. Remove all 9 of them and that cover should come off very easily.

All 9 are off. You may have to push to top button to release it.

The unscrew these 4 screws.

Put it all back together the way you took it a part and BOOM! Good as new!

Now like I said before this is ONLY for the armrest piece not the complete set up.
How do I remove the screws at the bottom, nearest to backseat? I got all the rest out