SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?

Old 06-25-14, 10:37 AM
Halon
Lexus Test Driver

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtray
I'm curious what happens if it rains?
What do you mean, like with the open vents? The water goes down them, just like it does on any vented hood. Some OEM's put some baffles in there but still its a wide open opening. I had a vent on my last car that I put in, would drive it in the rain and in touchless car washes, never really hurt anything.
Old 06-25-14, 10:49 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexforlife
ok so whats the cost , ready to buy or do you want a show car here in florida to display one for you
Shoot me a PM with your zip code, sir!

Originally Posted by MrCJ305
This should be niceeeee

Originally Posted by oldManTan
idk why i thought this was gonna be CF, looks great nonetheless lol
We are working on a Carbon Creations version of this hood, however there is no current ETA on those.

Originally Posted by Sylexus
I'd love to see this hood with their widebody kit combined.
^this!
Old 06-25-14, 10:51 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Quoted onto PG 30!

Originally Posted by soardrft
The hood finally came in from Extreme (Thanks Irving). I purchased this hood for function since my under the hood temps will be getting hotter in the coming months (more boost). The style is pretty cool.

My current setup is a hybrid greddy single t88 2jz with no strut bar. The hood clears this setup with ease.

The hood comes with the regular latch and the safety latch which was a great thing. The bolts that come with the hood are sketchy (please do not use the bolts they were just there to make sure the holes are drilled i assume). You cannot use your current bolts to bolt the hood without modification.

The pictures below are of the hood on the car not bolted, painted, or adjusted. Pictures of the final install will happen hopefully by the end of the week assuming I have time. Enjoy the pics and dont mind the garage. Feel free to explain how you would like the pictures taken. I am the worst at taking pictures.

Old 06-25-14, 12:06 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't recommend driving the car in the pouring rain or snow, however the vents don't lead to any wiring so it should be fine.

Hopefully i will have time to take pictures of the vents close up by tomorrow.

Irving feel free to send me the widebody so i can test fit it with the hood.
Old 06-25-14, 12:24 PM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by soardrft
I wouldn't recommend driving the car in the pouring rain or snow, however the vents don't lead to any wiring so it should be fine.

Hopefully i will have time to take pictures of the vents close up by tomorrow.

Irving feel free to send me the widebody so i can test fit it with the hood.
Charge the same card?
Old 06-25-14, 12:42 PM
soardrft
Lead Lap

As long as you pay the bill when its due.
Old 06-25-14, 10:59 PM
millertime
Pole Position

Woo sweet! I'm waiting on the carbon creations one to match my CC trunk and Sebion hood

Let me know
Old 06-26-14, 03:27 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

so no rain gutter underneath to drain rain water
Old 06-26-14, 08:17 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

I took another look at the hood and started the process to align it (I am not a body guy. I just want to help others out in making their decision). I havent moved the fenders yet so bare with me. My only concern is so far the passenger side sits higher than the driver side. Again, still working on this. Also, havent found the right hood pins yet. This is a must for me due to weight and the speeds I typically travel.

Lexforlife - There are no rain gutters nor is there a lip in the vents to prevent the water from going into the engine bay. In the pictures below of the back side of the hood you will see 2 screws which we intend on using when the shop modifys something to help with bad weather conditions. I do not plan to drive in the rain, but if I do it should be fine.

The vents are located in good areas and the only thing you may want to do is find a way to cover the altenator. Tried taking pictures on the vents, but even with glow sticks it came out worse than the picture you all currently see

Vent #1 Driver side is right above the radiator shroud (i have a 3 row radiator). For owners like me that have electric fans mounted to a shroud it may be an issue with water but I intend on putting a blanket over the engine bay when washing.

Vent #1 Passenger side right above the radiator shroud.

Vent #2 Driver side is end of the throttle body right where the intake pipe connects

Vent #2 Passenger side right above the altenator and depending on your intake setup it may hit your intake pipe or air filter.

Vent #3 Driver side is right above the powersteering reservoir, throttle body, throttle cable

Vent #3 Passenger side since i have an old school greddy manifold my turbo sits across from the shock tower. This causes the vent to be right where my intake pipe starts.

The front gap is possibly due to my bumper not completely bolted down. There will be a gap but with a little work it fits just fine. Professional install recommended.

On with the pictures (ignore the dirty car if possible its been sitting):
Attached Thumbnails Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-back-side.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-driver-side.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-driver-side-view.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-front-gap.jpg   Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?-over-view.jpg  

Old 06-27-14, 09:47 AM
Extreme Dimensions
Former Sponsor

bump last weekend to get the hood at insane pricing!
Old 06-28-14, 04:30 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

im still waiting for a reply to the pm you asked me to send
Old 06-28-14, 04:33 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

too bad someone couldnt engineer into their design removable block off of the vents during heavy rain or a gutter system that the rain water could be diverted away from critical parts .. this is useful for people like myself in south florida where the day starts out bright sunshine then all of a sudden you are caught in a heavy thunder shower
Old 06-29-14, 12:28 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

im sorry but is that the final hood? cause that looks horrible.. im sorry but the corners look terrible!!! the right corner over the headlight is like super round and the corner on the other side is sharp.. the mold pics looked perfect and that looks... if i got that in the mail id be pissed.. just giving my opinion.. if i pay 500+ for something i expect it to at least not need to be reshaped.. corners need to be sharp clean crisp, not tick and rounded. the mound looked flawless not sure what happen in the process.. maybe camera trickery.. im not saying i wont buy one but i would like a carbon one, and the carbon better be perfect.. cause unless you are gonna paint the carbon, if its off like that there is nothing that can be done.. everything else seems allright cept the corners and the front edge?
Old 06-29-14, 01:24 AM
oldManTan
Lexus Champion

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
im sorry but is that the final hood? cause that looks horrible.. im sorry but the corners look terrible!!! the right corner over the headlight is like super round and the corner on the other side is sharp.. the mold pics looked perfect and that looks... if i got that in the mail id be pissed.. just giving my opinion.. if i pay 500+ for something i expect it to at least not need to be reshaped.. corners need to be sharp clean crisp, not tick and rounded. the mound looked flawless not sure what happen in the process.. maybe camera trickery.. im not saying i wont buy one but i would like a carbon one, and the carbon better be perfect.. cause unless you are gonna paint the carbon, if its off like that there is nothing that can be done.. everything else seems allright cept the corners and the front edge?
i agree, that looks like it was cracked and someone decided to cut it off completely. and i noticed the vents are pretty wavy
Old 07-09-14, 04:46 AM
scviolence
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

anymore updates??????

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Want a Top Secret style hood for your SC?