Notices
SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Lexus SC/Toyota Soarer 19inch rim thread.

Old 07-14-17, 01:51 PM
TacMedDoc
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Zerodrag, I should have considered MK4 Supra lowering springs. Sc3/400 specific springs run really conservative drops.

Anyone running 1910 F and 1912 R with lower offsets, roll and pull, PBM coilovers?
Old 07-14-17, 06:36 PM
aletz12485
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not looking to go more than 2". Just a little firmer ride and a nice stance. Not going to roll the fenders or add any camber. I'm not about that life.
Old 07-14-17, 06:37 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 56 Likes on 54 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by TacMedDoc View Post
Thanks Zerodrag, I should have considered MK4 Supra lowering springs. Sc3/400 specific springs run really conservative drops.

Anyone running 1910 F and 1912 R with lower offsets, roll and pull, PBM coilovers?
You would need a big pull in the real. I ran 19x10 +10 and 19x11 +13 and couldn't slam the car without a massive pull in the rear and a crazy tire stretch. My fenders are shaved in the rear and rolled in the front. The front was fine since I was running 225/35/19 tires.
Old 07-14-17, 07:58 PM
TacMedDoc
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aletz12485 View Post
I'm not looking to go more than 2". Just a little firmer ride and a nice stance. Not going to roll the fenders or add any camber. I'm not about that life.
Good luck, hope the bacon fender life isn't gonna happen.

Thanks for the info KiraX, I will probably stick to no more than 11 in the rear then.
Old 07-15-17, 10:30 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by aletz12485 View Post
The thing is, most springs aren't stiff enough to accommodate a large wheel/tire combination. These cars came with 7.5" wide wheels and 225's stock. Take everyone else's advice and consider going coilovers.

Good luck, hope the bacon fender life isn't gonna happen.

Thanks for the info KiraX, I will probably stick to no more than 11 in the rear then.
12's are doable in a higher offset, and at 12" wide you'll have plenty of lip even on a high offset wheel.
Old 07-15-17, 12:15 PM
TacMedDoc
Driver School Candidate

Yeah, I see that would have been the case. I only asked because wheelflip has some good choices from time to time and I wanted legit wheels with a healthy lip, especially on the rears. Not trying to do overfenders unless it's the full BN Sports Blister aero.
Old 07-16-17, 09:21 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lexus Champion

Received 222 Likes on 182 Posts

Yeah, I see that would have been the case. I only asked because wheelflip has some good choices from time to time and I wanted legit wheels with a healthy lip, especially on the rears. Not trying to do overfenders unless it's the full BN Sports Blister aero.
From my experience, the largest lip you can fit in the rear is 3.5" with rolled or shaved fenders + stretch tires and some camber. 4" lip with super low disk face, a pull, stretch, and camber. Anything more than that then you'll need to go widebody.
Old 07-16-17, 02:49 PM
TacMedDoc
Driver School Candidate

Appreciate the heads up, I will keep this in mind when acquiring wheels.

Not mine, but on topic:
Old 02-22-18, 07:27 AM
SCRoller
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Anybody else???

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus SC/Toyota Soarer 19inch rim thread.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: