SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

How busted is this seat switch and what is its correct action?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-11, 02:30 PM
deathsled
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How busted is this seat switch and what is its correct action?

So I'm new to the SC world, having only had the car for a few days and I'm going through taking care of all the little things wrong with it.

Found out last night that the passenger seat was missing the ****/button for recline action and all that is there is a post/switch.

Playing with the driver's seat I can see that this switch pivots fowards and backwards, so it looks like the post on the passenger side should rotate? However, it doesn't rotate, it only seems to have one action which is pushing towards the front of the seat. It doesn't do anything and I don't see what adjustment that would be because there is no opposite action (as in there is no movement towards the rear of the seat). It's like it's a single throw switch.

There isn't even a way to attach the **** I found to it really either. So I guess I'm missing pieces (something is broken) and I need to replace the switch?
Old 12-14-11, 04:37 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Afterthought: Well I guess I can't help.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 12-14-11 at 05:19 PM.
Old 12-14-11, 04:52 PM
deathsled
Rookie

Ok well how about how it functions? Did you read where I describe how the switch moves? It doesn't seem like it moves like the equivalent switch on the other seat.

I looked at several of those pictures on ebay already, I'm not completely useless.

In that bottom picture it looks like there is a 2nd post that sticks up that I don't appear to have (looks like it has a white dot on it?). That's the kind of stuff I'm asking about.

I actually have the cover, I found it in the floor board, but it doesn't seem to attach and doesn't appear to be broken at all
Old 12-14-11, 05:22 PM
deathsled
Rookie

Ok I got back down there with some light and figured it out myself I guess.

Looks like there is a bottom post that the switch actually does it's pivoting on and that is broken, so can't attach my "cover" back to it. Also looks like the switch has been pushed rearward some and that is blocking the action of the switch that would be the lean back motion. Guess it's a good thing that it's not working otherwise I could end up with a seat that leans forward but not back down haha.

Looks like I'll be buying the switch unit and replacing that and hoping it solves the problem. How often do the motors in the seat die? is this switch unit hard to replace?
Old 12-25-11, 11:30 AM
chrisindub
Pole Position

My motor for that same switch just went out. Looking into it.