Old 10-13-02, 08:47 AM
Lvangundy

LS and SC seats are different.
Old 10-13-02, 09:18 AM
BLK13X
Mortgage Slave

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally posted by do-luck sc
i saw those too on eBay! hehe, but i don't think those are JDM seats from Japan. Those are for the LS400. I have a 96 sitting in the garage and they look identical.

If you take a look at the rear seat... notice how much "cushion" and leather there is. there is no way that it will fit the SC. If you've ever taken your rear seat out, you'll know what i'm talking about.

Also, look at the fold down arm rest... that's just like what my parent's 96 LS has!
Which ones are you talking about? The first pic ones?

I'd rather just get a pair of soarer cloth seats, no cracking, fading or anything else to worry about.
If you're going to get actual Soarer seats, make sure they're out of the UZZ30 or JZZ30 Soarers. The ones in the twin turbo (JZZ30) come in two types - standard (non electric, basic cloth) and limited (electric, cushy velour... and I mean cushy velour!). I'm actually thinking of swapping mine for a set of light grey leather Soarer seats... it seems a shame that leather didn't come standard on the twin turbos
Old 10-13-02, 12:41 PM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pics of the green one don't look like the seat of the Limited Soarer my friend has. However the head rest of the tan ones do look like it. BUT, you are right about the rear being more bucket like. There is a indentation on the rear center for the driveshaft to pass by i'm guessing. I'll let you know for sure in a few mins. I'm going to check the car now.

Ok, i just checked...

Center doesn't fold down
There is a bump on the center for driveshaft i'm assuming, but it makes them more bucket like.
There are no plastic thinggies over the shoulders

Last edited by Dimcorner; 10-13-02 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-13-02, 01:21 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

Now I REALLY wish I had a soarer 4.0 limited with all the options. Those are sooooo nice. They have awesome seats in the back air suspension with all wheel drive and GPS. Its got a rear wiper and a back up camera plus all the mirror are elechromatic. Those japaneese really know how to make a car. Back in 92 the soarer had things mercedes and BMW are putting in their cars now. I really wish they sent the soarers over without making any changes...well excepts a GPS system for the US. Man I really wanna buy a really nice limited soarer now.
Old 10-13-02, 02:57 PM
strongsail
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if those ebay seats are for a '94 jdm (rhd) soarer, the fronts will be reversed from US spec, and the right hand seat will have more electric adjustments than the left hand seat, and the wiring connectors will be reversed too - seat memory will prolly be different, etc. etc. - too many unknowns, too much $$, phooey

btw, jimmit, there was never an awd soarer - the top-of-the-line jdm 4.0 had 4wheel steering, not awd.

Last edited by strongsail; 10-13-02 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-13-02, 03:04 PM
jimmit
Lexus Test Driver

ya thats what I meant sorry

Last edited by jimmit; 10-13-02 at 03:05 PM.
Old 10-14-02, 01:59 AM
Dimcorner
Pole Position

well, the GPS is optional on the limited and this doesn't have a rear wiper. It does have air suspension and REALLY nice leather seats :-D. It also has the dash that displays all error codes in japanes.
Old 10-16-02, 05:08 PM
928owner
Driver

BTW,

I have informed this "well known auction site" of the situation. On asking the seller what these were for, here is the un-edited answer he/she/it sent me:

"please do not question the legitimacy of my business practices. I have been
away for a while and haven't checked my emails. In fact, do not bother to even
bid on this item for I will not sell them to you.

Thank you for your inquiry, but no thank you."

Folks, it is important that we, as responsible and honest individuals, keep these types of crooks from taking advantage of those who are not as savy.

If the auction site management becomes aware of these creeps, they usually kick them off. It looks like this crook has changed ID's, so no telling who has been ripped off in the past. No one wants to be "had".
Old 10-16-02, 08:00 PM
EmeraldLexuSC3
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb Seller finally realized, What a JERK!!

I have a friend who was interested in the seats.
So in my friends behalf, I ask the Seller...if the seats were from a SC model (JDM) or a LS model. I mentioned to him, that they look like they might be LS seats, but please confirm before I place a bid.

His response back to me was:

"Your right, the back seats are off an LS. I didn't know that when I opened the auction. If you don't want to bid, then don't, but don't send emails like your last one trying to threaten me."

Threaten him????!!! What an ********. It's common sense to ask questions about a paticular item before you place a bid on it. If you don't you wil get screwed.
What was I supposed to do? place a bid without knowing what I was bidding on?
What a JERKNUT!!!

Last edited by EmeraldLexuSC3; 10-16-02 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-16-02, 08:06 PM
928owner
Driver

Thumbs up

Keep in mind, his ID changed in the last 30 days. I now make it a point to ask questions of sellers who have "shades" (you know what I mean).

This *** could have put a note indicating the error at any time. Why didn't he/she/it? Well, SC seats are harder to come by than LS seats, so he probably thought he could "hook a fish". Fortunatly, the fish were too smart for him.

The auction has been closed, but I would keep an eye on anything offered by this ***. I see he/she/it has a rim for sale on the same site.... bidders, be aware!
Old 10-16-02, 08:09 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Someone should win this auction and back out on payment/delivery last minute. To what end? To leave feedback under his account describing him as a slimey, difficult, pompous ******* who is not worth doing business with .
Old 10-16-02, 08:15 PM
928owner
Driver

Talking

Not a bad idea! Just a follow-up, for someone who was "not sure" of the model when posted, he/she/it knew the retail price, as they posted it in the auction.

The auction is closed, so we all have to make sure we keep an eye on any other crap this buthead is trying to hawk!

You guys are GREAT!