SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-15, 02:24 PM
ScoobyHH
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, Alex here and I've been going through these forums for quite a few months. Didn't want to sign up until I finally bought a Lexus, and damn have I been missing out. A good friend has been in love with Lexus for as long as I can remember. He never shuts up about how great the SC300/400 are. Finally after picking his brain about durability, value, repairability and such I started my search. Man, it was over a year in the making. Must admit it became frustrating as I would go from a 300 5speed, to a blk/blk 400 and then everywhere in between. Since I love older rides that I can work on without a 10K diagnostic system I also own a 92 blk/blk ragtop Lincoln town car. Yeah it's no lexus, and the horn sounds like I'm well into my 80's. However I had a kid coming along and there's nothing safer than a tank.

Anyways even though as a Raiders fan(don't judge, everyone has to be a fan of something, mine is pain) it was very difficult to buy a pearl white with tan interior car. But, this one had something that was really difficult to find, a 1992 Lexus SC400 with just over 100K, not even 101. Came with Magna Flow exhaust, BC coilovers and decent 19's on Pirellis. A few flaws, a fender definitely needs repair, antenna won't go up or down, and the CD changer doesn't work. Otherwise, man is this car fun and I look forward to reading through all these forums to see how I can make it a little faster. Thanks to all.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0658.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0659.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_0660.jpg  
Old 08-18-15, 04:44 AM
TheShark97
Driver School Candidate

Default First Car: 1997 Lexus SC300

Hello im Ashley and i recently just got my Lexus(first car) about 2 months ago. I didn't think id actually get her, she was expensive because she had low miles, only 72,000. I was looking at a '93 with about 200,000 miles lol. Good thing i didnt buy the '93 because i wouldnt have my '97.

So far shes completely stock, i just took off the secondary mufflers, im planning on putting coilovers on and a turbo. Im about to give her a tune up and an oil change. But yah so far a great car, i lover her to death and not planning on selling her
Old 08-18-15, 04:57 AM
TheShark97
Driver School Candidate

Default My Sexxi Stock Lexxi

Old 08-18-15, 06:43 PM
PlanB
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys, my name goes by Q, I've been reading a lot of threads and articles on clublexus, but never had a chance to register at a member, until now. I bought a 1992 SC300 5 speed couple months ago. I fall in love with the car every time I drive it, had a code 71 and 25 when I bought it but fixed it by cleaning my EGR and re route all the correct vacuum hoses, Here are some pic of my sc

I planned to sell the car due to some financial issues but I thought about it again, it would be a fun project car to keep and work on
Old 08-19-15, 04:10 AM
minizatic
Driver School Candidate

Post First Car: 1993 Lexus SC400

Hey all, Blake here, I've had my mind set on getting a first-gen SC for a while, and now I've finally got one!

She's a 1993 SC400 with 193,000 miles, body's not perfect, but runs and looks incredible for her age. I've only had her for a couple days now but she's without a doubt the best car I've ever driven.

Looking forward to learning a lot from the great community here!

Old 08-20-15, 09:24 AM
FSUsucks1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TheShark97

Nice find! One of my fav paint colors!
Old 08-21-15, 02:04 PM
ems
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you cannot sell a black on black on black 5spd I hear its against the law. Nope your gunna have to keep it and turbo it. Im pretty sure the government has deemed it a destructive weapon.

Originally Posted by PlanB
Hey guys, my name goes by Q, I've been reading a lot of threads and articles on clublexus, but never had a chance to register at a member, until now. I bought a 1992 SC300 5 speed couple months ago. I fall in love with the car every time I drive it, had a code 71 and 25 when I bought it but fixed it by cleaning my EGR and re route all the correct vacuum hoses, Here are some pic of my sc

I planned to sell the car due to some financial issues but I thought about it again, it would be a fun project car to keep and work on
Old 08-21-15, 02:19 PM
Richard3
Driver School Candidate

Default looking for help

unable to start sc300 after cylinder headgasket replacement
I have spark/fuel/compression/ timing belt/ ignition timing, all set up,

when I turn the key it start catching , it sometimes fires up but only at wide open throttle, and as wide as I hold the throttle it wont stay running.

I have replaced so many parts it would been cheaper to replace the entire engine already.

I need some serious help
Old 08-26-15, 11:45 PM
jomega29
Driver School Candidate

Default My first modified lexus/toyota

Hey pals im a long time rx-7 tuner and i still love them but im moving on to a more adult stage in life i guess, i mix oil in my dirtbike im no longer interested im mixing oil in my car. ive owned a 1992 ls400 probably the best car ive ever and i mean ever owened i was sad to see it go at 370k on the clock it was lowered with some generic staggered 20 inch rims but the new owner loved it god bless his heart, i tried my hand at a 1989 supra turbo automatic targa top which i loved until the head gasket blew had that replaced, then it started a rod/crank/wristpin knock from hell so i sold it for nothing and i guess i was depressed cause that guy saw me coming i tell ya, he still loves that car it was and still is one of the cleanest supras around smh. so here i am with a 1995 sc300 im about to spend my sons college money on and i need some help and advice and parts from you people mainly advice. 1jzgte swap here we go
Old 08-29-15, 02:46 AM
Zedhex
Driver School Candidate

Hi All,

My name is Patrick, I run a 1993 Soarer with a 1JZ engine, big single turbo, R154 5sp manual. I also have a 1991 Soarer V8, for when I start feeling a bit tired of thrashing around.
Old 08-31-15, 05:49 AM
Nandoo3331
Driver School Candidate

Question First timer.

Wanted to get involved to get answers on multiple questions.
Old 09-06-15, 03:23 PM
Sebreezy
Driver School Candidate

Default New Member, 1996 SC300

Hello my name is Mark. I live in central Wisconsin and i have had my 1996 SC300 for a little over a year now and I love it. It is a coupe with a 3.0 L straight 6 and its automatic with overdrive. Its all black with some chrome around the windows which i think were replaced. The guy who had it before me changed a lot of things on it, for example the tire size and rims were changed and also there is cold air intake. There are a few cosmetic issues with it and Im looking for some small parts and i have a lot of questions! I also drive it through the winter! I just joined club lexus now because i need some help looking for some parts for the door.
Old 09-06-15, 10:09 PM
petebull
Driver School Candidate

hi my name is pete I'm from eagle rock CA .. just bought this sc 2 days ago
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-00e0e_qpby48fwt4_600x450.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-00505_hq8p3go7miq_600x450.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-00r0r_b8pdjqjzbcj_600x450.jpg  
Old 09-07-15, 10:15 AM
Luxurious
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

What's up guys, the name's Al. I bought this SC 2 days ago for a stupid good price.

It is some sort of sky-blue color underneath the plasti dip..

Old 09-08-15, 09:14 PM
CelestialS
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been lurking around here for some time. My parents picked up a 1995 SC400 in 1997 and I worked it off and it officially became mine in 2003.
For the past few years I toyed with selling it because it was having so many "problems"- then I found this forum this past spring!

My first problem fixed, which I thought was electrical, was nothing more than a penny that had gotten caught in the cigarette lighter- this screwed with the whole car. Once I discovered it, my SC was so much happier.

Second problem fixed- the wheels wouldn't hold the air and I went through 3 sets of tires. Solution- new wheels (non OEM).

Third major problem fixed- the power steering was making an awful grinding noise: this is when I discovered this forum and it turns out that all I needed to do was purge the air bubbles and top of the power steering fluid. This was in April.

Since then, I have purchased new leather for the front seats and will install soon. I have repainted the shifter and the console bezel and will install those soon.
I installed a new antennae and put in new trunk and hood struts.

Yesterday, I took apart the climate control module and soldered on a new LCD. I've never soldered before and it took a little longer than I anticipated (especially without a solder sucker) but it turned out quite nicely. That LCD has been blacked out for over 8 years now. It works beautifully. Although, I now know that I have to replace one of the bulbs (I think I'll do all three when I do it) but this time it will go much faster than the 46 pins of the LCD.

FYI, a few cleanings with SeaFoam does wonders! I put some in the oil and in the gas tank and my engine has not sounded this good in over a decade.

Still to do:

Some minor body repair (my dad backed into it with a trailer hitch about 12 years ago)
Going to send my cluster to Tanin. The odometer went out last week and the speedometer needle went out this week.
Need to paint the steering wheel.
I still have the plastic engine cover on the bottom of my car, but it has seen better days, so I'm thinking of getting one of the aluminum ones found by one of the sellers on eBay.
My ABS is showing- I imagine it's the front speed sensor
One day I'll get new mats
I'm thinking of replacing the stereo with a Pioneer 4100NEX
New center cupholder
I need to replace LEDs behind the TEMP AUTO **** and everything went out on the climate control (still researching on how to replace these :/ ) when put in the new LCD
New passenger door actuator
New front shocks
Do I even bother trying to fix the Seat Memory?

Other than that, everything else is pretty nice. I've kept the engine running beautifully and made any necessary repairs over the years- which haven't been many!

Last edited by CelestialS; 09-08-15 at 09:57 PM.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!