SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-18, 05:19 PM
SCDual
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wintercat
Glad to be a part of this community. First SC, and absolutely love this car, how it rides, how it handles, the acceleration of that silky V8, everything about this work of art. After seeing an old video about how they designed them, I'm proud to own a piece of the legacy.

I found kdthis one languishing in a condo complex with tree sap getting on that lovely black, bought it for a ridiculously low price. Someone had already done a lot to it, and done it well. It came with properly done Supra brakes, expensive Ruff Racing wheels, and a Kenwood touchscreen system with trunk amp, phone mic near the visor, clean install. The only thing wrong with it was that the front seats were shot, as it looked like someone had tried to dye black seats cream, they were hard and cracked.

I've added Homelink from a 99, replaced the seats with pristine ones from a 93, given it a three step deep polish with Mothers, and now it looks like this.

Next will be an exhaust redo with Magnaflows and catalytic bypass...this state has no emissions for cars this old. This is an amazing car, and I understand the appreciation for them!
looking good 👍
Old 07-02-18, 05:23 PM
SCDual
Driver School Candidate

Default New Account New Thread Alert

Hello

I am a 1993 Lexus SC400
havent been with the owner too long but have been upgraded. Will be doing a future motor swap just deciding on best candidates. 2JZ turbo. 1JZ turbo. LS1 from a truck 6.0 motor. Just keeping the original motor and just going to machine shop and replace everything under hood brand new. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Old 07-02-18, 05:46 PM
mrmj2u
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome! Read the build threads, I’m sure you will make a good decision!
Old 07-02-18, 08:10 PM
SCDual
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrmj2u
Welcome! Read the build threads, I’m sure you will make a good decision!
thanks man. Imma try and be really active on here posting here and asking questions. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 07-05-18, 08:37 AM
MISTER3oh7
Driver School Candidate

Default What's up guys?

What's up guys my name is Rob and I'm from Wyoming. I have a 95 Lexus sc400. I fell in love with the car from the first time I seen her. Thanks to other ****ty drivers in Wal Mart parking I now need a new trunk and taillights but I'll get those fixed asap. Any more questions just ask.
Old 07-05-18, 02:50 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by SCDual
Wassup everybody. I just created account here. Had my Coupe for a while now almost a year. Haven’t done much but there’s some stuff already done to it. I will be posting photos soon. Everyone is welcome to come chat on my thread.
I don't want to jinx you or anything, but very surprised you have not been pulled over and cited for the window tint on the door windows being in California... Often used as an excuse to discover other things to hang on the driver..... (no insurance, arrest warrants, etc...).

Old 07-06-18, 05:44 AM
SCDual
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MISTER3oh7
What's up guys my name is Rob and I'm from Wyoming. I have a 95 Lexus sc400. I fell in love with the car from the first time I seen her. Thanks to other ****ty drivers in Wal Mart parking I now need a new trunk and taillights but I'll get those fixed asap. Any more questions just ask.

too bad you not in california. I coulda hooked you up with a trunk and light
Old 07-06-18, 05:45 AM
SCDual
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Duck05
I don't want to jinx you or anything, but very surprised you have not been pulled over and cited for the window tint on the door windows being in California... Often used as an excuse to discover other things to hang on the driver..... (no insurance, arrest warrants, etc...).

I’ve been good. You out this way too?
Old 07-07-18, 04:25 PM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by SCDual

I’ve been good. You out this way too?
Nor Cal.... Rarely go south of San Jose.... Welcome, though, to CL... Always good to see an SC being loved, restored, improved, and maintained,,,,

Old 07-07-18, 06:54 PM
SCDual
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Duck05
Nor Cal.... Rarely go south of San Jose.... Welcome, though, to CL... Always good to see an SC being loved, restored, improved, and maintained,,,,

i might have to come down that way. And come slide
Old 07-09-18, 12:19 AM
Yefeng
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome welcome, I also got a 96 pearl white.... my advice..... BE CAREFUL. No body shop can effectively match the pearl color... some sob did a hit and run on mine and I got a busted passenger fender that I can’t fix because no shop can match the paint
Old 07-09-18, 07:31 PM
mooooose
Driver School Candidate

Default New Guy 🙋*♂️

Picked up a '93 factory 5 speed with 180k on the clock a little over a year ago. Bone stock, stuck im the weeds, didnt run, front calipers were seized tighter than nuns pu$$y, paint was faded something fierce, interior water logged, moldy, and basically just trash. I wish i had some pictures of it at that point but only current. Ive done the ls400 brake swap, odds and ends to get it running perfect, buffed the pi$$ out of it to make it not look like a 25yr old turd, new stagged wheel set up... Idk what chinese brand they are but, they came with the car. Yanked the seats and thoroughly cleaned interior (cutting out the water damaged bits), put some super sweet ebay seats in for the time being till funds alow for some lowmaxes ( im only 5'11" but im built odd and have a long upper body so my head hits the roof), harness bar and harness etc. Took care of all leaks and maintinence items. So for future here im planning to boost it via 35r and push my luck with the stock w58 and go from there when i spit that out 👍.
Old 07-10-18, 11:05 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

Stoked to see someone took the time to dig that thing out of the weeds and give it a new life! Welcome, you'll find tons of info here.
Old 07-10-18, 11:45 AM
mooooose
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RudysSC
Stoked to see someone took the time to dig that thing out of the weeds and give it a new life! Welcome, you'll find tons of info here.
Absolutely, picked it up for only $1500 so it was worth my time to get it back to a cheap fun car. Itll never be perfect
Old 07-10-18, 12:40 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Beautiful SC and nice work, mooooose! And... is that a Celica All-Trac ST165 next to it??

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!