SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-14, 12:46 PM
wadge22
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a few images of the SC300. Note the Daytons, which I will be getting rid of quickly if I can fix the car and keep it.

Old 08-12-14, 02:05 PM
Strtgmblr
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=XxSC400xX;2490664]Welcome to the club.
I'm kinda interested in said about replacing the sub. I have spent a lot of time exploring similar options, but came to the conclusion that there simply isn't enough room between the rear deck and the gas tank for properly sized boxes. Maybe if a custom fiberglass enclosure is made, but keep in mind that the fuel filler pipe leaves little room on one side. I never spent the time to measure and calculate the volume of space, but it's not much. As far as putting a single 12" in the deck I'm pretty sure it won't fit. I barely could fit my 10", but if you have a way then I'm all ears.
Now let's see some of those pics.[/QUOTE

You can fit a 12 .. Make sure it's a free air sub.. It a good application
Old 08-12-14, 04:03 PM
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

Well tomorrow I finally will have the car. I have looked over a number of Kelford cams 207-D and 207-E. Haven't decided yet. Finally found the type of fuel injection I have been looking for, the Motec engine management system or the OBX-ITB throttle bodies. I am gonna discuss the pros and cons of these two injection systems with my builder. Of course the hypereutectic pistons have got to go. With the cam change I am also going to go with stiffer valve springs. I have tracked down the manual transmision I am going to use a six speed V160. A lot of you already know this stuff but its fun to track down on your own. Found some decent limited slip differentials, of the two I found one SOUNDS more appropriate, we'll see. It amazes me that the hardest thing to find is a set of long tube headers. The stock rods are supposed to be adequate to 800 hp or so I have read. Anyway, tomorrow I will post some as found pictures, NO laughing, actually its in pretty good shape. I would love to do some of the work my self but I live in a nursing home due to congestive heart failure. Actually, that wouldn't stop me but there is no garage area for me to use. Most of the suspension stuff, other than generall notions of coilovers, way stiffer anti-sway bars, and going to polyurethane bushings I am going to leave to my builder.
Old 08-12-14, 04:19 PM
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

Oh, yeah my name is Ian Divertie, and I live in the Charleston, SC area, Summerville to be exact. Is there a club here or in the area, maybe Columbia? Although I already belong and hang out with the The Dark Side club. Itsa been a couple of years since I've had any real contact with them. Once my SC400 is done, I'll have more of a reason to interface with them and become active again. In the past anyway they were a "track" oriented club, interestingly I never saw a Lexus of any kind or year on our track excursions? Why is that? The SC400 and 300 seem appropriate cars for that kind of stuff?
Old 08-12-14, 07:33 PM
irondonkey
Pole Position

new guy here, i've put my deposit down for a 1992 5 speed SC300. it's black with the brown interior. I just have to fly down and pick it up. I'm very excited for it and the potential it has.
Old 08-12-14, 08:35 PM
mk2orlexus
Driver School Candidate

Hey Lexus forum, I'm thinkin about picking up a sc300 or mk2 Celica supra. Or a muscle Celica if I find one that isn't shot out.

one thing I'm wondering though. Is about frankenmotors? 1jzgte w/ r154 is pretty cheap, I guess ppl prefer the 2jzgte but honestly I dont have a problem with the less stroke since I'd rather be revved high than have the pityful excuse for low end torque that japcrap makes.

but if I do move to a 3.0, does the N.A. 2jzge block bolt right up to the 1jzgte head like it would with a 3sgte on a 5sge block? And the other thing I want to know is if the 1jzgte head has any disadvantage to the 2jzgte head.

thanks for being a forum, guys. IV always wanted a mkIV but I dont have the 30g to drop on one lol. Plus, a mkII would be less of a pig, yakno? I like the GS the best, but I'v never liked automatics. SCs are real nice, id take one for the right price any day, but registering/insoecting/driving a modded car can be a pain
Old 08-13-14, 10:17 PM
ACCHRM
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys, this Monday, Im getting a 1992 SC400 auto : ( with about 200k, looks pretty good, guy said it only needs fixing the pass door handle and refilling freon. Pics and more info when I get the car. I live in Rehoboth Beach, DE and I've seen a gold SC300 which caught my eye.
Old 08-15-14, 10:50 AM
504SC
Rookie

Whats up everyone, finally decided to sign up after lurking the last 12 months. Have had my SC300 for 8 months now and I am addicted. Such a beautiful car.
Old 08-15-14, 10:55 AM
504SC
Rookie

I have put a lot of work in her the last few months, redid the engine bay, new wheels, new spec clutch, new starter, new fuel pump and lines, tune, interior work, etc. Needs a few things as they all do for most of us, AC went out, bushings are shot, new rack and pinion, new leather seats, new paint and body work....ill start a build thread to show my progress. Ill post a few pics to show in here.
Old 08-15-14, 10:56 AM
504SC
Rookie

Old 08-15-14, 04:29 PM
jimmymac30
Advanced

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts

welcome to CL. I am new here too but you will find a wealth of knowledge just by reading and using the search!
Old 08-17-14, 08:06 AM
soarrabun
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

beautiful car man. post some more pics
Old 08-18-14, 02:24 PM
ACCHRM
Driver School Candidate

So today I got my 1992 SC300, really bad shape, but for the money I paid thats what I get. Right now I work 15 hours 6 days a week, so I wont have any time for it. It needs a lot of stuff fixed, I drove it home today for 50 miles + 10 in town, and in the beginning the turn signals + hazzard lights worked, but then they died. After touching here and there, checking fuses and relays somehow they started working again. Now the big problem is finding a tan drivers side door panel + window motor and regulator. Cleaning up the WHOLE interior, I just cant believe how messed up it is. The only way to do it is i think to pull out all the interior piece by piece and clean it up real good + washing the carpet. I will need to find a drivers side speaker too. And one of the silliest things is....the ECU is from a 5 speed lol
Old 08-19-14, 02:37 PM
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

Well, I finally got my hands on it 92 SC400. I fixed the engine myself about two months ago, and its running better than I remember.
Old 08-19-14, 02:40 PM
Matthew1
Driver School Candidate

The interior is ready to rip out as I have been talking about. If any one wants see the interior, which actually isn't that bad just ask.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!