SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-13, 09:27 AM
chiken
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New SC400 owner

Just picked up an SC400 the other day. Project/Daily driver. In pretty good shape, a few miles but runs great for the most part. Going to slowly restore back to a very clean car. I've done lots of TT supra builds but have not done anything with the 1UZ. I will be collecting the random parts that I need in the next few weeks and fixing all the leaks as well as doing any maintenance that needs to be done.
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-img_20130104_132604.jpg  
Old 01-08-13, 09:30 AM
sc400fast
Driver School Candidate

Default sc400 1992

Hey my names Gary got a Sc400 very nice car got alpine every thing for sound system getting kickers soon very excited. Got mine up to about 275 hp but trying to get more but on a budget right now if anyone has any advice let me know
Old 01-08-13, 11:03 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chapabig
Sup CL

My name is JD and i finally got me an SC300, after having HONDAS (many of them) then decided to change for sliders, (RWD) decided to sell my clean S13 and found out that i needed another car in my life (like it always happens) i started lurking for e30's and decided that it was time for a lexus. many visits to this site later and research, found out that this babys with last you forever with proper maintance and fell in love. After doing many research, i came accross this beauty and found out its rare in this color combo.

3 owner

125k original miles (checked carfax and it had 110k recorded miles in 2010) so it checked out specially when i bought it from a guy that had bmws and range rovers parked in his huge house, he bought it for his son and the son didnt like it and bought his son a sentra (yeah i know it doesnt make sense but you had to see his son lololol) car was parked for the 2 years he had it and he decided it was just sitting taking space. As soon as i saw it when and bought it right away.

Twin Turbo OEM Supra Staggered wheels

OH YEAH, BLACK INTERIOR BABY!!!!
Very nice pick up! Welcome to CL and the Platinum Metallic crew!

Saw this on Craigslist for $3800... Great deal too!
Old 01-08-13, 03:16 PM
chapabig
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GotRiceYo
Very nice pick up! Welcome to CL and the Platinum Metallic crew!

Saw this on Craigslist for $3800... Great deal too!
Thanks, as soon as i saw it, i went right away to get it, and got it for a better price too
Old 01-08-13, 03:25 PM
htrlman1
Driver School Candidate

Default New From Spring,TX

Hey Guys, My name is Aaron New to CL! I'm in the market for a sc300 in excellent condition, been looking for about a month. I have a good friend that has one and the fact that there is a 2jz under the hood just boost my interest in the car. I do my own mechanic work so I am a car guy. Should there be anything I should look for when I go to check it out, as in problem areas?? I would really like to find one with under 100K, because it would be a perfect candidate for what I'm wanting to build. I did find one in the area for $10,000 Perfect interior and exterior, but its still 10k for a 97.

Any advice helps.

Aaron
Old 01-08-13, 11:55 PM
Kasster72
Driver School Candidate

Default New here

Hi to everyone I own a 92 sc400 v8 bad ***
Old 01-09-13, 05:51 AM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome to CL! Any pics?

steve
Old 01-09-13, 07:07 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 192 Likes on 136 Posts

lol...............
Old 01-09-13, 05:00 PM
1uz78hilux
Driver School Candidate

Hi. My name is Rob and I'm working a new project... (again! Even after I promised myself no more....you know how it goes...). I've been lurking around the forums for about 6 months now collecting information but now I decided to join.

This is the beck deep scenario I've got myself into. I wanted a ute that had the sound of a v8 and was relatively light. I purchased a 1uz (191kw) and auto box from a uzz31 sc400 (someone wanted the body but not the driveline) and currently in the process of installing it into a 1978 hilux. It's a tight fit but I think it's worth it. The truck weighs around 1000kgs or 2200 pounds so it should rocket along nicely.

Now the hard part. The Queensland government in Australia are changing the rules with car modifications. You must now write in and list your mods that you propose, they'll look at them and give you the nod or not for each one. Then you can engineer stamp them. The law is to combat the young deaths on our roads. It comes into full effect at the end of April this year so I gotta hurry up! I don't think they'll approve that size engine in a small truck.

Anyhoo I have some wiring to figure out so I will post my findings with pics as I get them done (Maybe they'll help with conversions, intergrating wiring and such). I need a wiring schematic for the electronic dash but I'll ask in the forums for it. I actually have the 92 sc400 complete wiring diagram but it shows an analogue dash. I think I need a Japanese diagram...

P.S. The cars on this site are REALLY nice! Keep up the good work.
Old 01-10-13, 12:33 AM
RemSteele
Rookie

htrlmam 1 welcome. Check the classified section. My car is available 95 SC300, Great condition, all original 75K. $6500. 2nd owner
Old 01-10-13, 05:15 PM
1CleanSC
Driver

Hey Club Lexus!

I've been reading around on the forums for the past couple of months and I am finally getting my first Lexus! It is a 1998 SC300 Titanium ? (silver with a light touch of blue). It is an automatic transmission but I believe they stopped making it in a manual after 1997? (Probably a discussion for another forum.) Now for the best part the car has black interior along with 70,000 original miles and was purchased in California. The owner (orignal) then shipped it to Florida and then up to Ohio where it now presides. So yes, I will be the SECOND owner of a car who saw snow for the FIRST time this winter. I will be picking it up this Sunday and will DEFINITELY make sure to upload lots of pictures. Absolutely cannot wait to drive the car back!
Old 01-10-13, 07:21 PM
CDNSC
Driver School Candidate

Hi Everyone!

My name is Darryl and I hail from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I just bought a Diamond White Pearl '95 SC 400 .....I've wanted one for a long time and came across a great opportunity that I couldn't pass up.
It currently looks pretty good in photos but needs a little TLC when you get closer. Nothing too major....but I'm pretty particular.

I want to keep the car mostly stock and other than a wheel swap (which will be Lexus anyway) it will have a mostly "preserved" look. Some future plans are as follows:

Full repaint (same colour) to correct some not-so-great previous touch-ups
Some minor interior restoration
Replace power antenna with a new one
Remove awful stick-on wood from centre console
Replace gold badges with new chrome ones
Add '98-era chrome 17" GS 400 wheels

A little of the cars history:

I've known the car for a long time as I bought it from a friend who owned it for the past 12 years and its been well taken care of and is also well documented but, as I mentioned, I'm really particular.
The car has 194,000 km's (121,000 miles) and hasn't been winter driven in seven years but was a daily driver for the first ten years of its life. Bought new at Scarborough Lexus in Toronto, Ontario on May 15, 1995, it was then sourced for my friend by Woodhaven Lexus in Winnipeg, Manitoba in June 2000 after he expressed great interest to them in finding a used, white SC 400. It then lived most of its "life" in Manitoba until 2010 when my friend moved to Calgary, Alberta.
I just bought it last week and had to drive it in the snow for the first time in seven years but took it very easy and gave it thorough cleaning before putting it back to sleep for the rest of the winter.
Some neat things the car came with: all books and manuals, a '95 SC 400 new car brochure, nearly all service records from day one, an authentic Lexus service repair manual and a "1995 New Car Features" book (an internal-only book from Toyota Corporate that outlines every change from model year-to-model year down to the smallest detail)

The next few months will seem to take forever as I wait until the weather warms up and I can start driving it again. Happy to be here and I can't wait to start enjoying it!!
Attached Thumbnails SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-021.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-018.jpg   SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!-023.jpg  
Old 01-10-13, 08:16 PM
ilovett76
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey there,

I am new to the forum.

I just put a down payment on a stock 93 SC400 with 74,000 miles and I can't wait to pick it up next week. I own a fairly heavily modded 2004 Toyota Sequoia and absolutely love it. But, I miss going fast!! I also really enjoy working on cars so I wanted something I could mess with. I know there is a lot more that can be done to the SC300, as far as mods go, but I am a V8 die hard. Damn, they sound good. Headers and exhaust will be some of my first major mods, if I can find them. All the headers that users mention here don't seem to be made anymore so I am searching.

I lived in Tokyo in the early 90s and I remember seeing the Soarers and Skylines (don't think they made it to the US) and loving them. Now it's my turn to own a piece of automotive history!

Anyway, I am excited to have found a community of fellow car lovers and look forward to learning a lot and sharing a lot.
Old 01-11-13, 08:55 PM
ninjaCEO
Driver School Candidate

Welcome aboard everyone!
Old 01-14-13, 12:33 PM
Eli51
Driver School Candidate

Hello everyone.
I got a black 93 SC300 with 185k miles. Yet runs like a champ! Body is in very good condition, accept for a few minor scratches, she came from California, I'm in Illinois.
I was driving a 96 Camry for 3 yrs and finally decided to move on, I knew for sure my next car was going to be a Lexus. It was between an is300 or sc300. And I'm proud to say I'm happy with the decision I made. I have a few pics but I'm still figuring out how to post up pics, so pics will be up soon!

Mods so far: supra TT wheels, new alternator, BFI intake, new speed sensor, deleted resonators.

Work needed : timing belt/ water pump
Valve cover gasket
Distributor o ring
Burnt gauge needles
Door hinge bends on fender

Future mods: cat delete, lowering springs, Bigger exhaust piping.

Last edited by Eli51; 01-14-13 at 12:43 PM.

Quick Reply: SC300/SC400 New Member Thread! Introduce yourself here!