SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

anyone ever see a yellow SC before?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-11, 08:15 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

stop, it's a Lexus...not a S2000 or Integra.
Old 11-21-11, 08:23 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Tabaka
stop, it's a Lexus...not a S2000 or Integra.
IS300's came yellow from the factory...
Old 11-21-11, 09:01 AM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmh
i guess im a "ricer"... i love it...that is the exact color scheme i was gunna use on a zo6 corvette... minus the carbon hood and trunk. i think it looks gangster.

i say do it! the worst that can happen is 75% of the ppl on this site wont like it. the important part is that u do.
thats the part that worries me, im not sure if i would like it. i mean it looks amazing in forza but irl it might look horrible. in forza i can change the paint color as many times as i want (changed it multiple times to find a yellow that looked good). either way i wish i could afford to try it out. but i cant because i would have to paint the entire interior and everything because having red paint in the door jams, under where my back seats used to be, and in the engine bay would look horrible with the yellow. so ill just get my color again when i do get it painted.
Old 11-21-11, 09:05 AM
Vortes
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cmh
i guess im a "ricer"... i love it...that is the exact color scheme i was gunna use on a zo6 corvette... minus the carbon hood and trunk. i think it looks gangster.

i say do it! the worst that can happen is 75% of the ppl on this site wont like it. the important part is that u do.
A yellow C5/C6 is in no way ricer or bad looking (IMO). Some colors dont look good on some cars.
Old 11-21-11, 09:19 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
IS300's came yellow from the factory...
forgot about those, it looks terrible on them too
Old 11-21-11, 10:12 AM
Dv8
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by greens14
I was involved with the shop that imported this car. Probably one of the nicest soarers to pass through the shop, grade 4 on the auctions, factory 5 speed, despite is obvious handicap of being ****ing yellow and the shop taking all the good parts off the car. It actually looked decent when it was stanced with big bronze volks.
Old 11-21-11, 11:01 AM
xwingzero2
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only car I'v seen to pull the yellow look is a corvette or lamborghini lol. no sc's please
Old 11-21-11, 11:08 AM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMJoe239
thats the part that worries me, im not sure if i would like it. i mean it looks amazing in forza but irl it might look horrible. in forza i can change the paint color as many times as i want (changed it multiple times to find a yellow that looked good). either way i wish i could afford to try it out. but i cant because i would have to paint the entire interior and everything because having red paint in the door jams, under where my back seats used to be, and in the engine bay would look horrible with the yellow. so ill just get my color again when i do get it painted.
the first step is to modify your car to how you want it .

Kit, wheels, suspension etc....

Then once that is done the last step would be a drastic color change if you wanted.

To paint your stock car yellow at this point would be a bad thing to do.

Im always for leaving cars the stock color but since u asked i still say I think it can work,,yellow by far isnt the worst color out there.
Old 11-21-11, 12:13 PM
JDMJoe239
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
the first step is to modify your car to how you want it .

Kit, wheels, suspension etc....

Then once that is done the last step would be a drastic color change if you wanted.

To paint your stock car yellow at this point would be a bad thing to do.

Im always for leaving cars the stock color but since u asked i still say I think it can work,,yellow by far isnt the worst color out there.
yeah, of course. next thing i do is going to be coilovers then after that start either piecing together everything i need for my 1JZ swap or saving up to take it to a shop to have it done. but ill probably just repaint it garnet pearl before the 1JZ. i mean it would cost way to much to paint the car yellow and all the other stuff it needs to not look like crap. not to mention the fact that it would bring resale value down a lot because its clear not many people like yellow SC's.
Old 11-21-11, 01:22 PM
unknown159
Pole Position

don't try and run from the cops in that there will be no where to hide lol...
Old 11-21-11, 02:11 PM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

In my opinion, yellow doesn't even look that bad. Heck it looks good. But you definitely need a kit and nice stance/wheels to make it work. Taking a stock body SC with stock wheels and painting it bright yellow will look like a junk-yard special.
Old 11-21-11, 06:09 PM
lilSCsteve

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting...would probably be cool on a PS3 system (game), but not as a daily driver...just my 2 cents tho
Old 11-21-11, 10:07 PM
Arkansas
Pole Position

I like it personly because its a good break from the black, white, and red ones normally seen on here. If I ever get to repaint my black sc...think I may go with a metallic burnt orange color for an accent...or go the "rice" way and use a tangelo pearl orange. Keep in mind...not on the entire car....just as an accent color. But burnt orange would look good on the black
Old 11-22-11, 10:09 PM
sc300bigtx
Driver

Originally Posted by Arkansas
I like it personly because its a good break from the black, white, and red ones normally seen on here.
I totally agree
Id take off those ugly chrome wheels though and put some black ccw classics on there and gladly sport it. I guess most ppl can't handle yellow I think it's sick if not overdone and that one wasn't in my opinion idk haters gonna hate tho
Old 11-23-11, 04:31 PM
over40driv
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That yellow car looks to be a hardtop [ no sunroof]. Sweet.

Quick Reply: anyone ever see a yellow SC before?