Hello from a nubie!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-11, 06:58 PM
Crazylegz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello from a nubie!

****UPDATED******

Names Michael. Just bought a 92 SC 400 and have a ton of questions! But before I go into the whole how to swap and what suspension... I need to know if anyone has replaced a upper radiator support?!?!? The car I bought rear ended a truck and it destroyed the radiator support. I am an experienced mechanic and welder but I just wanna know if anyone has replaced one before and if I can do this myself. The body shop wants way to much for something that looks so simple.

Well thanks for looking at my post and any help will be much appreciated!

So here we are after purchasing the car. I lost my job and had to relocate but now things are on the up and up and this is where I am at! Everything that was bent and broken has been replaced and welded into place. Used bumper and other stuff but she runs and looks a whole lot better. As soon as I get off tomorrow I will post some daytime pics and clean her up!!!!!

Last edited by Crazylegz; 08-26-12 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Update
Old 11-16-11, 07:46 PM
CSSC400STL
Pole Position

You should be able to replace it yourself i know they sell the entire thing for it online. Never had to replace it. Once you find good luck and keep us posted
Old 11-16-11, 07:50 PM
DubbStep
Pole Position

looks like you have your work cut out for you.... There is a few basic write ups, this will get you started...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=7859560
Old 11-16-11, 08:08 PM
808Sc5spd
Rookie

Wow......in for updates
Old 11-16-11, 08:15 PM
sc300max
Rookie

Its pretty easy.. Look for all the spot welds and drill them out. Don't weld it in until you have all the parts on the car so you can line it up just tack on some parts so it will stay place so you can still play with it. You will need the the upper radiator support . Your also going to need the thin frame that holds the bumper and the fogs lights. The other parts im sure you know already. Too bad your not in miami I wouldve gave you a good price on all of those parts.. I have everything you neeed. I even have the bumper suppot. But doesn't look like you need it.
Old 11-16-11, 08:15 PM
Crazylegz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by princerani
looks like you have your work cut out for you.... There is a few basic write ups, this will get you started...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sea...archid=7859560
Thanks!!!!

Originally Posted by 808Sc5spd
Wow......in for updates
Will do!
Old 11-16-11, 08:19 PM
Crazylegz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CSSC400STL
You should be able to replace it yourself i know they sell the entire thing for it online. Never had to replace it. Once you find good luck and keep us posted
Ya I found the replacement I'm just a little nervous because the headlights mount to it. I just want the car to look clean with minor imperfections!
Old 11-16-11, 08:59 PM
unknown159
Pole Position

welcome and good luck with your fix....
Old 11-16-11, 09:16 PM
Crazylegz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sc300max
Its pretty easy.. Look for all the spot welds and drill them out. Don't weld it in until you have all the parts on the car so you can line it up just tack on some parts so it will stay place so you can still play with it. You will need the the upper radiator support . Your also going to need the thin frame that holds the bumper and the fogs lights. The other parts im sure you know already. Too bad your not in miami I wouldve gave you a good price on all of those parts.. I have everything you neeed. I even have the bumper suppot. But doesn't look like you need it.

Thank you so much! I will definitely be bugging you for guidance but thank you again I feel a lot better now!!!!
Old 11-16-11, 09:24 PM
Whats_Next
Driver School Candidate

i just hit a deer in my sc400... im in the middle of documenting a DIY on replacing the rad support, bumper support, etc etc etc. and a parts and tools needed list. feel free to message me any time for questions or whatever man! i feel your pain!!!
Old 11-16-11, 10:03 PM
Crazylegz
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Whats_Next
i just hit a deer in my sc400... im in the middle of documenting a DIY on replacing the rad support, bumper support, etc etc etc. and a parts and tools needed list. feel free to message me any time for questions or whatever man! i feel your pain!!!

O I will!!!! Thanks I am eternally grateful for a diy!!! I am going to start cutting out the old one this weekend. You will be hearing from me shortly!
Old 11-16-11, 11:36 PM
Cardio
Rookie

Welcome to CL good luck w/fixing her and keep us updated!
Old 11-16-11, 11:40 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Finally, something interesting to comment on. Good luck with your build! Everything have been pretty much said, anything else would be common sense. Anyhow, don't worry if the headlights don't line up perfectly, the beam can be adjusted anyways.
Old 11-17-11, 12:02 AM
betojuice
Driver School Candidate

Wow, we are in the same boat. My SC isn't looking good either.
Old 11-17-11, 02:14 AM
Kaydee
Hacked CL to become a Mod

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

that's not a way to start your life here at CL

Quick Reply: Hello from a nubie!