SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Phone and First Aid Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-22, 09:15 AM
stateref
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Phone and First Aid Kit

I saw some forums and threads on here about removing the phone and I was wondering if anyone had a phone (working or non-working) they are getting rid of. I am trying to have all the OEM accessories such as the phone (missing from mine but it has all the equipment) the first aid kit and the towel. Anyone have one they don't want or are willing to let go cheap?

Thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-22, 09:47 AM
RudysSC
Pole Position

Received 1,197 Likes on 830 Posts

My '96 had the factory phone in the center console and people would just lose their minds haha. I miss it - my '92 doesn't have it and I giggle every time I open the center console thinking of my '96.
Old 05-13-22, 03:22 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

Once upon a time, long ago I used to have most of the Lexus Phone equipment still installed in my SC300. It was a nice dealer option back in the day, especially on my factory manual car. I was only missing the handset. At the time it was in the way or precious center console storage so I removed it all including the antique and unusable Motorola TDMA cellular transceiver unit in the trunk and sold them off to an SC owner who wanted them.

It was cool stuff a while ago. Years before I had a pricey Nokia full hardwired hands free cellphone kit installed into my Honda Prelude with full steering wheel mounted controls, a separate handset mounted on the center console tunnel and a little docking station for my Nokia cellphone. I got a lot of use out of that system and the sounds was crystal clear on both ends!

Many years prior to that my family had one of those extremely bulky car cellphone systems (also TDMA standard from the same era as the factory Lexus Phone system) that you would have to plug into the DC power outlet. A handset was on top while two bulky and heavy boxes that made up the transceiver setup were in a special carry case. The antenna just stuck up out of the back of the case. You didn't dare use it outside of your area code coverage area when "Roaming" displayed on the screen unless it was an emergency or there would be hell to pay! Needless to say the use of it was VERY measured, such was the nature of cellphone rates per minute at the time.

The first aid kit is hard to find today. Rather, the specific part of the trunk liner that has a little area for it to sit in. The first aid kit itself isn't anything remarkable but that late model trunk panel part that allows for a convenient spot for it to be secured into is.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 05-13-22 at 03:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bimmerbill (05-15-22)
Old 05-14-22, 11:04 AM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

The first aid kits work better as a small tool kit, and they're super accessible in that little recessed cubby with the matched trunk panel.
Old 05-15-22, 09:00 AM
Bimmerbill
Advanced

Received 326 Likes on 252 Posts

I bought mine off a guy on e bay. Not sure if original but I don't care and I will go forward with it.
Old 05-16-22, 08:20 AM
Tallyhoe
Advanced

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

I still have both of them... Phone is stiml installed and works.. First aid kit is mainly small tool bag with first aid items. Don't have a cubby in mine but it velcros to the side panels.
Old 12-21-22, 11:26 PM
stateref
7th Gear

Been a while since I checked this

I lucked out and found a handset in mint condition at the junkyard. They were dumbfounded and let me have it for five bucks bc it wasn't in their pricing guide. Also got two or three first aids kits.
The following users liked this post:
KahnBB6 (12-22-22)
Old 12-21-22, 11:27 PM
stateref
7th Gear

I use a bigger one from a LS400 for my lug nuts and it works really well. Surprised the bag is so durable