ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000-6/)
-   -   Was having lunch friday and came out to THIS... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-1st-gen-1992-2000/597037-was-having-lunch-friday-and-came-out-to-this.html)

RmMarx 10-11-11 07:39 AM

Was having lunch friday and came out to THIS...

1 Attachment(s)
FML. Escalade Vs Rachel's SC400. Escalade +1, SC4 -0. Thankfully the dude left his insurance info. Got a nice estimate for 1800$ hahaaa. :)

MooJohn 10-11-11 07:50 AM

And you know the whole time the parking system in the Escalade was beeping its ass off!

RmMarx 10-11-11 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by MooJohn (Post 6743537)
And you know the whole time the parking system in the Escalade was beeping its ass off!

EXACTLY! Like seriously... Ugh I was soooooo LIVID. Until I walked around to my windshield and found his info. I was seriously about ready to kill someone.

Tabaka 10-11-11 08:06 AM

Damn, $1800?!?! Buy a $250 bumper, have it painted for $250, and keep $1300.

1JZPWRD 10-11-11 08:14 AM

Oh man, that sucks.. At least you got his info. I agree you need to do the work yourself and get paid..

MIGS 10-11-11 08:38 AM

lucky the person who hit you was decent enough to do that. i've been hit 3 times while my car was parked and its always a hit and run.

Banikid 10-11-11 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by MIGS (Post 6743633)
lucky the person who hit you was decent enough to do that. i've been hit 3 times while my car was parked and its always a hit and run.

Forreal. I have this huge dent on my fender from a truck backing up into it at work. Co-workers lacked the knowledge of writing the plates down and now Im stuck with the repairs :cry:

endodonist 10-11-11 09:33 AM

damn!! that sucks. well...good excuse to sell your car now huh? lol

brerrabbit 10-11-11 09:36 AM

I had something similar happen to my Civic years ago. I worked in one of those instore banks inside Kroger (for the most reviled bank in the news right now) and Kroger never changed their tapes. I managed to "convince" them that the repairs to my vehicle were a hell of a lot cheaper than bad publicity of a lackluster security system.

Interestingly enough, the store closer a few years ago and I heard last year that another Kroger in metro Atlanta had an armored car robbery. And guess what? No working cameras/malfunctioning system- can we say lawsuit, boys and girls?

Good Luck, Rachel. We're all counting on you. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

jadu 10-11-11 09:39 AM

sucks, but glad that it was not a hit and run.. gl on the repairs

97-SC300 10-11-11 11:17 AM

You MUST be joking that they gave you $1800 for THAT....

Can you file an insurance claim for small rock chips too? Ask your company if they pay out $50 per chip.... lol

BigBang 10-11-11 12:37 PM

You're lucky, someone hit and ran my other car few weeks ago..

Mike552 10-11-11 12:48 PM

Wow, I wouldn't even replace that bumper. Clean it out, fill the cracks with epoxy, sand, prime, paint.

1WILLY1 10-11-11 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tabaka (Post 6743571)

Originally Posted by 97-SC300 (Post 6744101)
l

Im not surprised at all, body shops are one of the most corrupt and overpriced services out there.

This is very easy, you buy a used bumper, you install it and you get it painted for no more then $200.00.

pieisgude 10-11-11 04:23 PM

Did they get the spoiler too?

Kira X 10-11-11 05:05 PM

That sucks. All you need is a new rear bumper and hopefully that's it.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that people in large SUV's are horrible drivers? Most accidents I see are caused by an Escalade or something like that.

lexfrmtex 10-11-11 08:06 PM

Sounds like you are coming out on top.

BartleDoo 10-12-11 07:45 AM

That sucks, but I wish there were more honorable people in the world like that.

brerrabbit 10-12-11 11:09 AM

Kira, how right you are!

I don't know if it's the fact that they're up so high they forget about us down low, or if they just think they can do anything because they drive a tank. I have similar issues with Prius owners, who seem to mess up traffic in their quest for the best MPG.

Move over and drive your snotbox in the right-hand lane! I don't care about your gas mileage, and you certainly don't have the right to interfere with everyone else's day.

<AHEM> Sorry, climbing down off my soapbox now.

Duck05 10-12-11 02:21 PM

I thought I was the only one that noticed those Prius drivers "camp" in the fast lane and refuse to get out of the way..... Glad someone else feels the same way ......

soLow1jzSC 10-12-11 07:02 PM

^ its cuz their trying to slow everyone else down to save their gas too!

oh, and you def made out on this deal. best fender bender you coulda got in for $1800!

RmMarx 10-13-11 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tabaka (Post 6743571)

Hahaahaa. That's kinda the plan!

Originally Posted by 1992Lexus (Post 6743578)
Oh man, that sucks.. At least you got his info. I agree you need to do the work yourself and get paid..

Yep:)

Originally Posted by MIGS (Post 6743633)

Yeah I was seriously surprised to find the note on my windshield.

Originally Posted by Banikid (Post 6743649)
Forreal. I have this huge dent on my fender from a truck backing up into it at work. Co-workers lacked the knowledge of writing the plates down and now Im stuck with the repairs :cry:

Damn.. that sucks. Sorry to hear that!

Originally Posted by endodonist (Post 6743787)
damn!! that sucks. well...good excuse to sell your car now huh? lol

Nicky! Haha you can look at it in person. I parked next to you today on campus. Sucksss.

Originally Posted by brerrabbit (Post 6743795)
I had something similar happen to my Civic years ago. I worked in one of those instore banks inside Kroger (for the most reviled bank in the news right now) and Kroger never changed their tapes. I managed to "convince" them that the repairs to my vehicle were a hell of a lot cheaper than bad publicity of a lackluster security system.

Interestingly enough, the store closer a few years ago and I heard last year that another Kroger in metro Atlanta had an armored car robbery. And guess what? No working cameras/malfunctioning system- can we say lawsuit, boys and girls?

Good Luck, Rachel. We're all counting on you. (Sorry, couldn't resist).

Awww. That really sucks. Sorry to hear that. I think most businesses should have cameras... It's only for their protection! Also, Thank you!:)

Originally Posted by jadu (Post 6743802)
sucks, but glad that it was not a hit and run.. gl on the repairs

Thanks Jadu! :) Workin' on it!

Originally Posted by 97-SC300 (Post 6744101)

Can you file an insurance claim for small rock chips too? Ask your company if they pay out $50 per chip.... lol

Lol, I'm looking into it;)

Originally Posted by BigBang (Post 6744324)
You're lucky, someone hit and ran my other car few weeks ago..

Sorry to hear that!

Originally Posted by Mike552 (Post 6744348)
Wow, I wouldn't even replace that bumper. Clean it out, fill the cracks with epoxy, sand, prime, paint.

Yeppp!

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1 (Post 6744833)
Im not surprised at all, body shops are one of the most corrupt and overpriced services out there.

This is very easy, you buy a used bumper, you install it and you get it painted for no more then $200.00.

Thats the plan Willy!:)

Originally Posted by pieisgude (Post 6744876)
Did they get the spoiler too?

Yeah they did. F***ers. haha

Originally Posted by Kira X (Post 6744985)
That sucks. All you need is a new rear bumper and hopefully that's it.

Is it just me or has anyone noticed that people in large SUV's are horrible drivers? Most accidents I see are caused by an Escalade or something like that.

Agreeed! and this morning... coincidence or not... I had an escalade following me and like waving at me? Not sure what that was about.

Originally Posted by lexfrmtex (Post 6745400)
Sounds like you are coming out on top.

Trying!:)

Originally Posted by BartleDoo (Post 6746326)
That sucks, but I wish there were more honorable people in the world like that.

Me too!

Originally Posted by brerrabbit (Post 6746873)
Kira, how right you are!

I don't know if it's the fact that they're up so high they forget about us down low, or if they just think they can do anything because they drive a tank. I have similar issues with Prius owners, who seem to mess up traffic in their quest for the best MPG.

Move over and drive your snotbox in the right-hand lane! I don't care about your gas mileage, and you certainly don't have the right to interfere with everyone else's day.

<AHEM> Sorry, climbing down off my soapbox now.

This is hilarious. I totally agree!

Originally Posted by Duck05 (Post 6747341)
I thought I was the only one that noticed those Prius drivers "camp" in the fast lane and refuse to get out of the way..... Glad someone else feels the same way ......

ICk. Prius. I love my premium gas guzzling, oil burning, V8.

Originally Posted by soLow1jzSC (Post 6748049)
^ its cuz their trying to slow everyone else down to save their gas too!

oh, and you def made out on this deal. best fender bender you coulda got in for $1800!

Ali SC3 10-13-11 02:21 PM

its always good to find that note.
One time I walked out to my camry I parked literally 15 minutes earlier in front of my building and I could see from like 50 yards away that my hood was smashed into a giant triangle and pointing straight up into the air, front end basically wrecked.
As I got closer and closer the more I couldnt believe the damage someone did from just parallel parking..

and then I find a pink sticker on my window with a sad face drawn on it and underneath it said:
"sorry I hit your car" and a phone number... (like i didn't know someone hit my car)
She admitted later she thought she was in drive and gunned it, but she was really in reverse :egads:
so yeah, im glad I found the pink note with the frowny face

brerrabbit 10-13-11 09:48 PM

RmMarx, I got a chuckle when I read your responses in list form. But it just goes to remind me what an awesome community we have here.

Vroomin350 10-13-11 09:55 PM

Glad u got it worked out, Thumbsup for the bad/honest driver.

O. L. T. 10-13-11 11:15 PM

This is why you don't have lunch.

BLK13X 10-14-11 12:56 AM

^ Or park within your eyes limit if possible. Even though my part of the factory where I work has parking for management I park alongside the other factory workers since I can gaze, I mean check up, on my car while I slave away behind the computer.

Hey, at least it turned out to be a semi positive thing, right? :)

brerrabbit 10-15-11 09:26 AM

Exactly. Makes you believe in Car-Ma, doesn't it?

I'm punchy again, the SELOC meet is 2.5 hours and counting! Will post pics of all the SCs, according to the list we're expecting quite a few!

RmMarx 10-18-11 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ali SC3 (Post 6750055)
its always good to find that note.
One time I walked out to my camry I parked literally 15 minutes earlier in front of my building and I could see from like 50 yards away that my hood was smashed into a giant triangle and pointing straight up into the air, front end basically wrecked.
As I got closer and closer the more I couldnt believe the damage someone did from just parallel parking..

and then I find a pink sticker on my window with a sad face drawn on it and underneath it said:
"sorry I hit your car" and a phone number... (like i didn't know someone hit my car)
She admitted later she thought she was in drive and gunned it, but she was really in reverse :egads:
so yeah, im glad I found the pink note with the frowny face

Ouch!!!! Gotta love the smiley faces though... Makes up for the thousands of dollars worth of damage doesn't it!;)

Originally Posted by brerrabbit (Post 6751078)
RmMarx, I got a chuckle when I read your responses in list form. But it just goes to remind me what an awesome community we have here.

Haha. Sometimes I don't get on CL for a few days. List of responses it is!

Originally Posted by Vroomin350 (Post 6751091)
Glad u got it worked out, Thumbsup for the bad/honest driver.

thanks!:)

Originally Posted by O. L. T. (Post 6751237)
This is why you don't have lunch.

O.L.T, yeahh.... I've decided to stop eating lunch. haha;)

Originally Posted by BLK13X (Post 6751366)
^ Or park within your eyes limit if possible. Even though my part of the factory where I work has parking for management I park alongside the other factory workers since I can gaze, I mean check up, on my car while I slave away behind the computer.

Hey, at least it turned out to be a semi positive thing, right? :)

"Gaze" :)

Originally Posted by brerrabbit (Post 6754014)
Exactly. Makes you believe in Car-Ma, doesn't it?

I'm punchy again, the SELOC meet is 2.5 hours and counting! Will post pics of all the SCs, according to the list we're expecting quite a few!

Yes! Woooo! Can't wait to see!