SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Airbag light on

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-15, 08:43 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Photon440
I figure if a garage like that can do it, most places probably have the capability.
I've wondered about that. How did anyone figure out the Tc-AB reset sequence unless it was a factory-supplied method, and why would they have designed anything so complicated to reset if all it's doing is storing a fault code that would come back as soon as you start the car the next time?
Old 02-09-15, 12:57 PM
dogwisper
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just cleared mine last weekend. It is all in the timing. I found these two posts most helpful but it will not clear the code if you have anything other then code 22 which is when you have turned the ignition on while the cluster is removed. And it obviously will not clear it if you have an existing code that hasn't been resolved. I used the switch method grounded to the door and when I had tried several times and just said screw it and flipped the switch back and forth very quickly it just cleared. Make sure you read the diagnostic code first though and that you DO NOT LEAVE THE JUMPER IN THE DIAGNOSTIC PORT you used to read the codes Good luck and hope this helps.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ght-reset.html
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...bag-light.html
Old 06-24-16, 12:47 PM
t2d2
Lead Lap

Received 228 Likes on 208 Posts

It's been over a year since the below post on and I've recently put resistors in in place of both airbags. They bags wouldn't work, anyway, with the fault codes. I decided to check it again today in hopes of clearing the code 22, but after pulling the EFI fuse for several minutes, I'm still getting airbag codes 14, 22, and 54.

I'm thinking that leaves the most likely culprit being the airbag computer itself? I've tried on three cars to remove them to test a different unit, but those security head bolts are practically welded in. Does anyone have tips for getting one unfastened, such as proper bit and whether there's red loctite or anything that needs to be heated up?

Originally Posted by t2d2
My airbag light was on when I bought the car, with a harmless code 22. I tried several times to reset it but never managed to get the Tc-AB sequence to work. I later swapped in a 3-spoke RX steering wheel with the different style airbag connector. Since I didn't have the adapter, I put aside the airbag light reset for the time being.

I finally got an adapter added last week and wanted to get rid of that annoying light once and for all. I pulled the codes again and was surprised to see three of them this time: 14, 22, 54.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-no-avail.html

Also, it appears my confusion on code #54 not existing was based on the LS400 code listing, which differs in this case. However, if the info is correct and #14 = D squib (driver's airbag) and #54 = P squib (passenger airbag), then I'm more hopeful that it's something screwy after hooking up the RX airbag, rather than something recently broken, since the passenger side wouldn't also be affected by the steering wheel swap.