SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

which single turbo is the best to swap with the stock twin turbos in a 1jz-gte?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-11, 05:30 AM
shabbour
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which single turbo is the best to swap with the stock twin turbos in a 1jz-gte?

hi guys, my name is omar, i live in dubai, im a HUGE fan of soarers and SC's.

my first car which i bought 8 years ago was a US imported 1995 SC400, i was only able to change the rims at that time as i didnt know much about cars. recently i swapped my V8 with a 1jz-gte engine imported from japan. i also added a greddy intercooler, HKS F-con, Apexi boost controller, blitz blow off valve HKS adjustable suspension.

tuners in dubai don't know how to work F-cons and they advised me to buy an Apexi instead, as apparently you can program that manually and adjust the air to fuel ratio yourself.

i just ordered a vertex body kit, and i want to swap my auto tranny with a 5-pd from a supra.

i also want to change my stock twin turbos to a single turbo for more power gains and i REALLY need help with that. i have no idea which is the best turbo to swap with. i also want to change some internals, like the head gasket and the injectors.

you get virtually no parts for soarers here in dubai. i have to order everything from the US or japan. and its not at all common. i have one of around 5 in dubai that are left hand drive, the right hand drives cannot be registered and therefore not road legal.

i would really appreciate any help you guys could offer as ive seen that members here have extensive knowledge when it comes to their soarers and SCs
Old 08-17-11, 07:00 AM
Triple C
Lead Lap

Looks like your in for a good project. On your Single Turbo question What kind of Power are you looking to get and what type of Driving do you plan to do? Drag, Street, Drift, Road Race, All around kick ***.....
and the Apexi Power FC is not the easiest thing in the world (I have one and am now just figuring this thing out). The AEM seems to be the one that a lot of different people in the US can tune. I would suggest just useing the stock ECU and the SAFC2 while you still have the twins but once you change the turbo to a single the ignition curve is a lot different with tthe twins then it is with a single turbo so you will want to change to a standalone ECU.The head gasket is a good idea but the Injectors probably need to be setup with the size of turbo you plan on useing. you should consider getting atleast a bolt in roll cage as well. Your life is worth it!
Old 08-22-11, 02:07 AM
shabbour
Driver School Candidate

thanks a lot for your reply,
no dirft or drag specifically, i want all round kick *** as you called it

im looking for 350 whp. how much can i get to using the stock twin turbos and stock ECU? and sorry for my ignorance but what is the SAFC2?

im going t upgrade my brakes as well, and the roll cage is definitely a good idea

i really appreciate the help!
Old 08-22-11, 03:04 AM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.spoolinperformance.com/pr...a5c3f3ea83d169
Old 08-22-11, 05:21 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gross.

The guy is from Dubai. He has some money to Spend. How about a turbo from this decade?

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...m-in-love.html
Old 08-22-11, 06:21 AM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

One from driftmotion?
Old 08-22-11, 08:08 AM
1J0Z SC
Lead Lap

I plan on going with a precision 62/62 when its time for an upgrade. I have a 1JZ-GTE with a single turbo setup right now getting tuned with a Haltech Platinum Sport 2000.

If you want follow my thread there might be some useful information on there. Also if you have any questions send me a pm, ill be more than happy to help you out!