SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

SC300 stereo system and interior rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-11, 11:14 AM
mak89
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice work, similar to what I have in mInd, except a brushed steel or aluminum look for the trim.

Keep us posted
Old 07-29-11, 11:21 AM
impact
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by canman44
Looks like a nice little setup. Great work with the fabrication. Did you just repaint the trim silver?
Yeah just scuff it up and hit with some primer, base coat and clear
Old 07-29-11, 11:23 AM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by hovsc400
great work man im going with the same scheme but no suede on the doors wish i had the skills to do the custom speaker enclosure...cant wait to your finish product....I still need carpet and my seats redone....
Very nice man I'm just about at that stage now. I just finished up my radio trim in silver as well. I got replacement leather in black now i just need to decide what to do about carpet
Old 07-29-11, 11:24 AM
impact
Driver

thanks for all the kind words I should have some more pics up soon
Old 07-29-11, 12:49 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I see you've thrown Scott some money. I'm convinced Hybrid is good, I am just waiting for Scott's next always entertaining presentation speech......which may happen on your DIYMA thread if he is paying attention.
Old 07-29-11, 01:32 PM
oliverand
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good. i need to upgrade my sterio and speakers but not trying to do all of that. lol
Old 07-29-11, 01:42 PM
impact
Driver

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
I see you've thrown Scott some money. I'm convinced Hybrid is good, I am just waiting for Scott's next always entertaining presentation speech......which may happen on your DIYMA thread if he is paying attention.
Yeah I've thrown Scott some money haha. I am a Hybrid dealer here in Hawaii. I'm also a dealer for
Pioneer, Mosconi, Gladen Audio, Genesis, Morel

Yeah Scott does have some awesome speeches. There's a lot of knowledge in the guy I wish I knew half of what he does.
Old 07-29-11, 04:12 PM
pieisgude
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love the speaker enclosures. I don't know why toyota decided to just put carpet in that area....
Old 07-29-11, 05:20 PM
1JZPWRD
1JZ Single SC400

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Looks very nice. It pays not to rush any job. Job well done. Must be nice to be a dealer!
Old 07-29-11, 05:35 PM
NjLexSc400
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man i wish i could do all that **** on my own
Old 07-29-11, 06:30 PM
impact
Driver

Alright it's tweeter pod time. When i did the first build on this car I made new pods in place of the factory tweeter location but in time I felt it lacked depth and height so it was time to do some A pillar pods.

You can kind of see what the factory tweeter location looked like at the top of the door

I didn't take any build pics of these but these are the old pods I did the first time to house a set of L1 PRO SE's

Then on to the A pillar. When I built these I decided to try the L1V2 first but keep the option open to go with L1PRO SE's or L1 PRO R2's. The outer diameter of the two tweeters are the same so the external shap of the pod wouldn't need to change but the tweeter opening would need to. So I actually built them to house the R2's and just fit a spacer ring inside that allowed me to screw in the L1V2. I wish I took pics of this when I built it.

So now all I had to do is pop the spacer ring out and I decided to rewrap the pillars at the same time

You can see in this picture that I wrapped the old tweeter pod in black vinyl but I still have the spot there for the tweeter. I'm thinking of making some Hybrid Audio logos and sticking um in there
Old 07-31-11, 07:41 PM
impact
Driver

Started working on the sub enclosure, got the frame built and now I just need some time and good weather to lay the fiberglass
Old 07-31-11, 11:33 PM
socal72
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by impact
Started working on the sub enclosure, got the frame built and now I just need some time and good weather to lay the fiberglass
Your other work is exceptional, but this is the part of the build I've been waiting for. I cant wait to see what you do with the sub enclosure!
Old 08-03-11, 01:44 AM
impact
Driver

Little update. I pulled out most of the interior today (seats, carpet, center console, most of the dash and some other things) Then I pulled out all of the old wiring I had in there so I could make room for the new wires. You'll probably notice the foam padding on the floor, that was from the first install I did. There is a layer of deadening material directly on the floor and then I glued the 1/2 inch foam over that which helped to cut down noise pretty drastically. I didn't go crazy with the deadening because the car is pretty quiet to begin with so I didn't have to go over board. I didn't take pics of it the first time but I'll take some as it is now.

Speaker wires all Rockford, 3 sets per side all techflexed and tagged
12ga midbass
12ga midrange (if I decide to go 3 way)
16ga tweeter

Power wire 1/0 Rockford also techflexed

Power wire and speaker wire runs on driver side

Speaker wire run on passenger side

Fiber optic cable, IP Bus cable, Remote wires and cable for basscube techflexed and run down the center and over to the passenger side with the speaker wires

I used some loom on top of the techflex in certain areas that seemed like it might get tight

Old 08-03-11, 01:45 AM
impact
Driver

Also decided to do a little soldering project. The LCD screen for my ac controls were bleeding out and I could only see half of the screen and rather than spend 100+ on a used one that will probably do the same eventually I ended up buying a new LCD screen and replaced it myself.

half of the board done just got another 5 million to go on the other side and then I have to solder it all back, how fun

All soldered back up just have to reassemble and test

the size of the contacts next to my pinky

Quick Reply: SC300 stereo system and interior rebuild