SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Interest/Group buy for Big Win front lip....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-11, 10:14 AM
Tabaka
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

<--- Add this guy
Old 07-16-11, 12:07 PM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cuonggs300
Please add me to the list as well.
Done deal Thank you.

Originally Posted by suislide
Will the lips come with pre-drilled holes? I'm just asking for convenience sake
There are no holes for this lip since it literally clips onto your existing 97+ front bumper bottom. If you look at the pictures you can't see the factory bottom of the bumper because the Big Win lip is over the top of it.

If you want to be safe from anyone just coming up to your car and taking the lip right off then put rivets on it somewhere not noticeable like I will be doing.

Originally Posted by Matador
What the timeframe on this? A buddy and I were actually about to put in an order for authentic lips, but we might be able to hold off for this.
We are looking at around 5 months. You all would be waiting close to 3 for the real one. Another 2 month wait and you safe over 500 bucks and get it in polyurethane which will last over the fiberglass if you plan on DD the SC. Your choice but let me know and I will add you to the list

Originally Posted by Boost786
First time posting... but im in, I want one of these lips
Way to make your first post count Your in.

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
I was hoping this was for the real Big Win. Isn't the title kinda misleading? Nobody actually knows how this replica will turn out yet.
Yes it is a bit misleading but hence the reason to read more into it once you open the thread. Honestly its almost impossible to mess this lip up since it literally snaps onto your OEM 97+ bumper. If the mold is even half way decent it will fit, but if you want just wait and see what happens in the end and make a more informed decision then.

I wouldn't pass this opportunity up since it will only happen one time and one time only though

Originally Posted by Relapser
Hey any chance international buyers can join??? Please?
I'm sure that will not be a problem. I will verify myself but for now you are on the list

Originally Posted by 97-SC300
I am also surprised at how many people would sign up for this not knowing fitment or quality of the lip....

Especially that it's been said these guys have a reputation for creating crap.

I hope none of these guys are disappointed.
Honestly I'm willing to give these guys a chance. Sure those who may have not been completely happy will post stuff online saying these guys are garbage, etc. etc. But what about the ones who actually had no problems with their purchase from ExtremeDimensions? That's right....they don't say anything and just go about their business since all went well.

To me this opportunity comes only once so I'm not about to let it pass me by. I will give them a chance just like everyone else on this list and if it works awesome and if not then Dave on here will straighten that out for all of us. It's win win no matter how you look at it. Plus like I mentioned before its almost impossible to mess up a lip that snaps onto an existing bumper that does fit right but we will see.

Originally Posted by Tabaka
<--- Add this guy
You sir have been added Thanks!
Old 07-16-11, 12:18 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

hell ya.. it looks like we have more than enough for the good deal on pricing
Old 07-16-11, 12:33 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey man, PM me when you need the money sent
Old 07-16-11, 01:20 PM
N00bie909
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing that im worried about it's getting it stolen it could just clip off! And fixing plastic is hard too but I hope it all works out pm me I'm ready to send money once the project is being started thanks for setting it up prs22 and ed for hooking us up don't let us down.
Old 07-16-11, 02:11 PM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

Count me in
Old 07-16-11, 03:12 PM
DeezNuts
Rookie

I would be in for a carbon fiber lip
Old 07-16-11, 10:31 PM
96blksc300
Driver

I was on the list on the original thread.. you can still count me in. I was wondering though... is the polly going to be good quality? I come from a honda background where everyone makes everything. Some of the poly lips are garbage b/c they are not well designed and made of lesser materials causing them to sag horribly in the heat. I dont think that this will be too big of a problem on this type of lip due to the way it mounts, but i figured i would ask.

I have been talking with carlos at ED about a sponsorship that he approved me for ... I really want a lip setup though so I am def. interested in this. Please post info as soon as you have it in regards to when money is needed.
Old 07-16-11, 10:50 PM
Warrenlex
Driver School Candidate

Hey, I'm in. I can use a lip on my 92.
Old 07-16-11, 10:54 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Warrenlex
This lip is only for 97+ bumpers.
Old 07-17-11, 12:06 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jadu
hell ya.. it looks like we have more than enough for the good deal on pricing
Yes indeed we do With this amazing group we will all be able to get this lip and an unbelievably low price. It's great to see the SC community get together like this in order to get something done for all of us

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
Hey man, PM me when you need the money sent
I most certainly will make sure to do so when the time comes

Originally Posted by N00bie909
The thing that im worried about it's getting it stolen it could just clip off! And fixing plastic is hard too but I hope it all works out pm me I'm ready to send money once the project is being started thanks for setting it up prs22 and ed for hooking us up don't let us down.
Haha...like I said just add some rivets all over the lip to make sure no one jacks it from you. Believe me if someone wants it bad enough it won't matter what you do.

Believe me you, myself, and the rest of the guys on the list are hoping everything works out with this. Just need to keep a positive outlook on it.

I will definitely get in touch with you and most likely everyone on the list individually when it comes time to send the money to get the project started. I am more than glad to help out the SC community any chance I get and this is a pretty big deal to me and I'm sure everyone else on the forum....so if I can have a positive hand in the whole project than I am more than willing to do so.

Originally Posted by DoriSaru15
Count me in
You are in Thanks!

Originally Posted by DeezNuts
I would be in for a carbon fiber lip
At this moment it will be in polyurethane but a carbon fiber version may be in the making at the same time or soon after. I will add you to the list and we will go from here to see what will happen as far as carbon fiber is concerned.

Originally Posted by 96blksc300
I was on the list on the original thread.. you can still count me in. I was wondering though... is the polly going to be good quality? I come from a honda background where everyone makes everything. Some of the poly lips are garbage b/c they are not well designed and made of lesser materials causing them to sag horribly in the heat. I dont think that this will be too big of a problem on this type of lip due to the way it mounts, but i figured i would ask.

I have been talking with carlos at ED about a sponsorship that he approved me for ... I really want a lip setup though so I am def. interested in this. Please post info as soon as you have it in regards to when money is needed.
Sounds good 96blksc300. I will definitely add you again to this list. I understand your concern on whether this particular polyurethane will be of good material or whether this lip will be made of materials that are straight up crap.

I have been told that even when the original lip comes in Khurram and the team from ExtremeDimensions will still test fit the lip onto a 97+ bumper just to double check everything lines up correctly. After that the mold will be made and a lip will be made from that mold. That lip will in turn be test fitted one more time to make sure everything came out correct and then more lips will be made to send out to the rest of us.

With that type of work ethic I have faith this lip will turn out right and made with quality material. Also no need to worry about this particular lip sagging since the way it goes onto the 97+ front bumper.

I will call Khurram first thing on Monday since they are not open for business on the weekends and find out when the money needs to be sent and specifically how much money is needed from each of us. Stay tuned and as soon as I have the information I will definitely share with everyone or have Khurram personally post what is the next step in getting the lip done

Originally Posted by Warrenlex
Like stated above this lip is only for 97+ front bumpers but there are other options available as far as front lips for 92-96 front bumpers are concerned.
Old 07-17-11, 05:05 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Cheese for the list add brosefine :-)
Old 07-17-11, 08:19 AM
bigdaddygr
Driver School Candidate

Default front lip

Count me in
Old 07-17-11, 08:59 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22

There are no holes for this lip since it literally clips onto your existing 97+ front bumper bottom. If you look at the pictures you can't see the factory bottom of the bumper because the Big Win lip is over the top of it.
Ive seen several pic of the lip having 2 holes on each end so I was just wondering
Old 07-17-11, 11:55 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Mine's been ziptied to where the two mounting holes are on each side. No problems, it is very snug, i used to run without the zipties and it doesn't move at all. Always loved this lip..might get one as a spare if the fitment's the same

Quick Reply: Interest/Group buy for Big Win front lip....