SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Interest/Group buy for Big Win front lip....

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-11, 07:14 AM
ecstaticSC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Add me to the list!!!!
Old 07-16-11, 07:16 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SC400TT
The Big Win Lip is the best looking lip made for the 97+ SC/Soarer...It also fits perfectly with the rest of the 97+ body parts. That is why I choose it for my car. Mine of course, is an Original, direct from Japan...Although it is made of FRP, it is extremely high quality...It is also very flexible, and much more durable and forgiving than the Original AC fiberglass bumper cover.

You guys will like the look...I am disappointed as I will not "look" as exclusive, but I am glad you will be getting one. Of course, I went further, and cut and molded mine to the factory lip, and it looks like it is OEM.

Ryan
I am glad you posted on here Ryan and are at least somewhat fine with this decision. I do understand that this lip will no longer be as "exclusive" as it once was in the past, but I also think that for the most part we will not on a regular basis be seeing every SC we bump into on the road with a Big Win replica either.

IMO it is about time the SC community got what everyone on here truly wants at a more affordable rate and made from a better material as far as polyurethane vs fiberglass is concerned. It is truly hands down the best compliment to the 97+ SC/Soarer body.

Plus at least everyone on here will know and even everyone else on the planet that at the end of the day your SC will be the ultimate example of what this car was truly mean to look like from Lexus

Originally Posted by SH_JZZ30
I think I may get one as a spare because mine has been through a whole lot. Mine has hit the ground thousands of time and was shattered into 5 pieces and missing a large chunk when I crashed my green 97 SC. I was able to bring it back to life when the previous owner of my current SC recommended me to a guy who does fiberglass on boats.

It's definitely my favorite lip on the 97+ SC. As soon as I saw it back in 07 I knew I had to get it. Back then the price was $300 plus $100 shipping and I got it in 2 weeks. I don't really like to run replica parts on my car but it's just a lip so it's all good.

I agree with SC400TT about not being as exclusive but it was bound to happen sometime.
Shameed good to see you and glad you are on board with this Honestly if it was still 400 shipped today I would have already bought it and this would most likely have not had to happen. I think this will only benefit the SC community in the long run and give those who truly want to make their SC look good that piece it is missing. Plus like you said it is just a lip, and to me, lips should not be close to 700 shipped.

They made a rep of the AC body kit so it was only a matter of time before they made a Big Win rep. Like all the rest of you I hope it turns out just as good as the original but in polyurethane form which will be the most beneficial for all of us.

Originally Posted by 97sc300t
Count me in!
Thank you 97sc300t

Originally Posted by horent135
I also had the big win and sold it to mr2tosc cause I went for shine instead. Anyways, the lip is a perfect fitment. When I mean perfect, you put it in, it really tight and no screws needed. Hopefully u guys will get something close to that or at least a good fitment out of it.
I hope we get the same thing too horent135. I only hear good stories about the fitment of this lip and IMO there should not be any problem with achieving the same fitment with this replica as long as things are done properly, which I have been assured will get done
Old 07-16-11, 07:17 AM
P.R.S.22
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ecstaticSC
Add me to the list!!!!
Done Thank you
Old 07-16-11, 07:39 AM
trancuongv
Advanced

Please add me to the list as well.
Old 07-16-11, 08:02 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by P.R.S.22
I only hear good stories about the fitment of this lip and IMO there should not be any problem with achieving the same fitment with this replica as long as things are done properly, which I have been assured will get done
Will the lips come with pre-drilled holes? I'm just asking for convenience sake
Old 07-16-11, 08:05 AM
Matador
Racer

What the timeframe on this? A buddy and I were actually about to put in an order for authentic lips, but we might be able to hold off for this.
Old 07-16-11, 08:50 AM
Boost786
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First time posting... but im in, I want one of these lips
Old 07-16-11, 09:09 AM
MikeSC
Driver School Candidate

I'm not sure I understand. Will this lip fit sc's (92-99)? What about the misc. hardware?
Old 07-16-11, 09:09 AM
CalitriSC
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I was hoping this was for the real Big Win. Isn't the title kinda misleading? Nobody actually knows how this replica will turn out yet.
Old 07-16-11, 09:14 AM
DoriSaru15
Lead Lap

I'm interested for daily driving but does anyone know if its flush with AC sides?
Old 07-16-11, 09:23 AM
Relapser
Pole Position

Hey any chance international buyers can join??? Please?
Old 07-16-11, 09:32 AM
Forte EXE
Pole Position

I'm down. Put me on the list.
Old 07-16-11, 09:54 AM
FatCat67
Driver School Candidate

Count me in as well
Old 07-16-11, 09:58 AM
suislide
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MikeSC
I'm not sure I understand. Will this lip fit sc's (92-99)? What about the misc. hardware?
97+ only Bud
Old 07-16-11, 10:11 AM
97-SC300
Lexus Fanatic

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by CalitriSC
I was hoping this was for the real Big Win. Isn't the title kinda misleading? Nobody actually knows how this replica will turn out yet.
I am also surprised at how many people would sign up for this not knowing fitment or quality of the lip....

Especially that it's been said these guys have a reputation for creating crap.

I hope none of these guys are disappointed.

Quick Reply: Interest/Group buy for Big Win front lip....